• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#801 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

Hmm. That is actually a cool idea. I have about a hundred currently. But I bet we could find more.

Anyway the saplings have been planted.

I just went by Morgoth house and I was amused to see he's build a brick fire place... inside a wooden house. Can't believe it hasn't burned down yet.

#802 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:13 AM

SHHHHH! Don't tell him here! Let him find out the hard way!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#803 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

I have 50 mossy cobbles. You're welcome to them for the azath.

Morgoth built a pretty sweet treehouse in the morgoth tower. Just place a patch of dirt in the upper leaves of an existing tree, then plant a new tree on it, when the tree grows replace the dirt with a block of raw wood.

That way your trees can grow as high as you want em.

I think there's a dozen or so saplings in a chest near the entrance to the underground too. Agree the azath should be raw looking materials with trees growing out of it. In fact, the grounds should have trees in thick patches all over the place I think.

And place a half-block path from the edge in toward the house, surrounded by holes that lead underground, so people that want to access it have to skip along the path and avoid falling in. Ha.

EDIT Oh yeah, did you know you get more saplings if you bash all the leaves of a tree away when cutting it down? You'll find a few randomly, but bashing the leaf blocks knocks em loose.

EDIT EDIT Fun cave adventure with Hidden One too. We have a nice obsidian pit built now...but are waiting for buckets to work properly.

EDIT EDIT EDIT In other news, I tried to build a canal over toward the azath off the pond under my house (cause boating is so much more serene than walking) by damming off the lake, then digging part of the canal and removing the dam. In SP it would all spill in and spawn new water source blocks to become part of the lake, but in MP it doesn't seem to want to propagate. Is there a particular way you have to build it to get it to work? I'd love to have a canal.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 18 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#804 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

Well, yeah, Apt just saw me try to connect again, and it's still an impossibility for me. :p

However, what I did see was awesome!

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#805 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 18 October 2010 - 11:20 AM, said:

EDIT Oh yeah, did you know you get more saplings if you bash all the leaves of a tree away when cutting it down? You'll find a few randomly, but bashing the leaf blocks knocks em loose.

This is not correct. The amount of saplings a tree yields is random.

A more effective way to gather saplings, rather than wasting your time bashing off the leaves, is to chop down a lot of trees in one go making sure to get all the trunks and that the leaves are not resting on the ground or connected with other trees. The leaves will slowly disintegrate on their own this way and you can come back a couple a minutes later and pick up all the saplings that fell down.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 18 October 2010 - 11:20 AM, said:

EDIT EDIT EDIT In other news, I tried to build a canal over toward the azath off the pond under my house (cause boating is so much more serene than walking) by damming off the lake, then digging part of the canal and removing the dam. In SP it would all spill in and spawn new water source blocks to become part of the lake, but in MP it doesn't seem to want to propagate. Is there a particular way you have to build it to get it to work? I'd love to have a canal.

A new water source block is only made if there is two adjacent water spring blocks. It is pretty hard to expand a new canal with out using a bucket.

I hope jim comes online today. I want him to spawn some water for my greenhouse farm. I could also use some lava.

#806 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

Are we concerned about griefing?

Like if somebody stumbles upon the IP in this thread who's not a lovely, caring, cooperative malazan member, and decides to blow up our projects.....it only takes 1 person a short amount of time to do a huge amount of damage in MC.

Can Jim put a block/allow list for certain usernames...then if somebody else wants in they can PM jim through the forum or something?

Or possibly change the IP from the one we're currently using to a new one and distribute it only via PM?

Or even have ability only to access via a specific port on the server, which we keep secret and distribute via PM (like the :625555 number)?

Just suggestin'
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#807 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

View PostAptorian, on 18 October 2010 - 09:02 AM, said:

Hmm. That is actually a cool idea. I have about a hundred currently. But I bet we could find more.

Anyway the saplings have been planted.

I just went by Morgoth house and I was amused to see he's build a brick fire place... inside a wooden house. Can't believe it hasn't burned down yet.

Supposedly a layer of rock/brick etc between the fire and wood is enough. It has been standing now for about a week so I guess it should be considered safe.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#808 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:07 PM

I've now started on my new project. A monument to the great thorned one.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#809 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

Everybody's houses are really taking shape now. I was checkin out the azath canal system and it's frickin ridiculous. It's going to work super well I think. What's the plan for spawning water. Can Jim spawn a stack of water source blocks or something? If he could do that and hand them over to me, I could definitely make my canal. Or does he have to be the one sitting there placing the source blocks?

I started outlining the pinnacle of moon spawn too. It looks hella wicked...but I ran out of coal and had to go on a boat mission to find more.....which turned into a clay hunt....and now I have like 20 stacks of clay balls. and a bunch of coal. In my boat travels, due south from Moon spawn and Kanubis' fort, I ran into a curious construction project. 4 big spires sticking up off an island and a whole little town of dirt houses, and an attempt at digging a moat (which didn't work cause of no buckets). No idea whose it is.

Funny member in there too when I returned from my clay plundering mission...arella....which I don't recognize as a forum name. Anyway, arella (who's avatar in-game is a redhead chick) came searching for mossy stone (of which I gave him/her half my stack) and offered to show me his under water construction project and trade some coal for the mossy blocks. It's super fucking far away, like past Coco's and Morgoths, past a cactus farm, all the way to the ocean, 5 minutes boat ride to the NE and then in a specific location you dive to the bottom and go in.

Dude has been digging a pit that shames the Azath completely. All the way to bedrock from the ocean bottom and the plan is to build it all the way to the sky once the pit is done. Circular, about the same diameter as Moon Spawn. yeesh. Not sure why it's so far away. The skybridge link over to that is going to be unreal levels of epic.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#810 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 19 October 2010 - 12:24 PM, said:

... I ran into a curious construction project. 4 big spires sticking up off an island and a whole little town of dirt houses, and an attempt at digging a moat (which didn't work cause of no buckets). No idea whose it is.

It's HIM! Abandon everything and get the hell out of there!

#811 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:53 PM

Everybody's houses are really taking shape now. I was checkin out the azath canal system and it's frickin ridiculous. It's going to work super well I think. What's the plan for spawning water. Can Jim spawn a stack of water source blocks or something? If he could do that and hand them over to me, I could definitely make my canal. Or does he have to be the one sitting there placing the source blocks?

Jim just contacted me in game from work. He's going to be busy all week, but you can contact him via the forum PM.

He spawned me a whole bunch of water and lava for projects around my mountain. They stack in 64s just like the other blocks. I asked if he could just place a lot of lava and water in some chests at the spawn point for the rest of you and he said he said he'd look into it.

I started outlining the pinnacle of moon spawn too. It looks hella wicked...but I ran out of coal and had to go on a boat mission to find more.....which turned into a clay hunt....and now I have like 20 stacks of clay balls. and a bunch of coal. In my boat travels, due south from Moon spawn and Kanubis' fort, I ran into a curious construction project. 4 big spires sticking up off an island and a whole little town of dirt houses, and an attempt at digging a moat (which didn't work cause of no buckets). No idea whose it is.

I'm currently out on my own clay adventure. It's awesome.

The place you ran into is Bent I think. Last time I was there he was just standing there in the middle of the little spooky ghost town.

I like your progress on Moons Spawn, the walls look like real rock.

Funny member in there too when I returned from my clay plundering mission...arella....which I don't recognize as a forum name. Anyway, arella (who's avatar in-game is a redhead chick) came searching for mossy stone (of which I gave him/her half my stack) and offered to show me his under water construction project and trade some coal for the mossy blocks. It's super fucking far away, like past Coco's and Morgoths, past a cactus farm, all the way to the ocean, 5 minutes boat ride to the NE and then in a specific location you dive to the bottom and go in.

Arella is D'rek.

And I am kkjsoerensen for those who hadn't noticed,

#812 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

SCREENSHOTS, DAMNIT!

#813 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

Dude has been digging a pit that shames the Azath completely. All the way to bedrock from the ocean bottom and the plan is to build it all the way to the sky once the pit is done. Circular, about the same diameter as Moon Spawn. yeesh. Not sure why it's so far away. The skybridge link over to that is going to be unreal levels of epic.

Sounds like D'rek is even further out than I am... I'm under the T a few minutes walking away from Morghy.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#814 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

View PostGreen Pig, on 19 October 2010 - 12:57 PM, said:

SCREENSHOTS, DAMNIT!

You know...I didn't even think of it until I got back. I plan to go on another awesome clay/coal scouting mission next time I'm online and will try and find some of the wicked land formations again. The best thing I found was this awesome mountain that looked like something out of the Utah desert - the wind-sculpted arches. Almost a perfectly round hole eaten out of the side of a mountain.

Next trip I promise a few screens. I'm def going back to d'rek's place cause that pit was fucking ridiculous levels of huge, and there was quite a bit of cool-looking landscape + clay beaches out there.

Hopefully jim fills up the chests with a lot of water. All I need is 1 skinny little line of water source blocks and I can expand the width off that. Saw a sweet video on Youtube too of a guy's canal where he put 1-block-high waterfalls every 20 blocks or so and the canal was able to climb over small hills. Neat! I really want to make it aqueduct style though. Somewhere near the level of the low-terrain and take it from my lake over to the main areas nearby like Apt, Jim, Coco, Morgoth and the azath.

Main reasons are

A) Boat travel is 2x walking speed and boats are awesome.
:p Minecarts don't work yet
C) It woud just be seriously awesome to have a canal system leading all over the place.

I just had another idea while typing that. The access to the aqueduct/canal could be via water elevator. Have one waterfall that you drive your boat into at the lake level that carries you up, and a second that you can blast over when you're exiting the canal back into the lake.

Oh yeah...this is going to win. Hard. Nerd chills all over the place.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 19 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#815 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Calm before the storm?
Perhaps this is the calm before the storm, but I’ve got a nagging feeling I’ve just been neglecting the blog.

I am still alive, and I’m working hard. Not as hard as I should, mainly due to a cold and me having the apartment for myself this week (yay, coding in my underwear!).

We’ve signed the papers for the company, and we’ve found an office. We haven’t signed the office yet, but it’s perfect for us and as long as the owner wants us, we’ll take it. Mojang is now six people strong, three programmers, one pixel artist, one CEO and one Business Developer. It’s likely we’ll grow even more in the near future, but this will get us started nicely.

I was going to send a sneak preview of the Halloween update to a certain website last week for an exclusive preview, but I missed that date pretty bad. I will try to get that update out as soon as possible. The update is going well. There are six new block types (five of them have unique abilities), one new monster, a new dimension, and a couple of bug fixes. Once I get the portals working, I’ll have something very interesting going and I’ll spend the rest of the time leading up to the release adding new smaller features and polishing stuff.

And fixing bugs.

#816 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

Was there mention of whether MP fixes were going to be applied anytime soon?

I imagine this is all SP for the moment right?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#817 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

I think the server just went down? 
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#818 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:07 PM

Thats my town (malaz city), CF, the spires are a mock up of where Mock's Hold will be, the dirt houses are the mouse and in between is where the merchants area, etc. will be. Its not a moat, its a river (I will probably widen it later).
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#819 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 19 October 2010 - 02:53 PM, said:

Was there mention of whether MP fixes were going to be applied anytime soon?

I imagine this is all SP for the moment right?

When the announcement was made MP improvements were mentioned. I imagine that when he says bug fixes he's actually referring to the MP not SP.

#820 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

EDIT...@bent, sweet. Looks good over there. Quite a ways off though hey? You going to connect up to the skybridge system ever?

sweet. Hopefully basic enemies, livestock, minecarts and buckets work soon in MP. I will be a sad CF when they fix the tool-repair bug though. I love that glitch as it saves a TON of work and wasted time making new picks. Oh well, take the good with the bad.

It's so close to being perfect. With a 6 person staff working on it now they'll be rolling the updates like crazy before too long I bet.

The thing I'm really looking forward to in MP is when we can just portal through hell world to get to each others' houses. Like using the imperial warren. Cause travel distances are supposed to be shortened in hell world

fuck yea.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 19 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »