• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#701 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

Death cave Alpha complete. My god that thing was huge.

Now I get to haul my loot back to home mountain. Fun times.

Trying to decide on starting my castle or going for an ocean voyage....hmmm
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#702 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:09 AM

and now there is this

#703 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:49 AM

It's a shame I've got so much to do this week. Not a lot of time to build, but I'll get there ;) ..
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#704 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

did you guys see Notch's picture of hell world on his blog? Looks hella awesome.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#705 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

FYI - I did manage to glimpse the multi player area last night. So I guess I am in (although still abit green to be of much help)

How are we coordinating the work?
Would anyone object to roads, leading to and from each place?
Has anything been done so far, besides Slippery Jims shack of love?
Should I put these in the Why thread?
Would you rather I travelled south west for 6 days, and then built a little tent on a beach (CG style) ?
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#706 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

I had a wander about last night on MP. Nice to see a landscape where other people had been busy! Went past Cocos name, headed south past a giant H on a hilltop, and built a small refuge on a hill to show I'd visited! I think it could work really well if anyone is allowed to contribute, without stepping on the toes of other projects.

Hardly have enough time for single player at the mo, multi looks like another time-guzzler.

Ran into a bit of a glitch on single player - my boat became jammed on nothing out at sea; I got trapped in it, and lost all my stuff. My boats seem to float into walls on my elevator too, which makes them a bit too unpredictable. On the plus side my mine track now goes from the surface down to bedrock, so I can start a proper mine. Have already found a stash of diamonds!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 13 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#707 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

View PostBent, on 13 October 2010 - 11:30 AM, said:

Would you rather I travelled south west for 6 days, and then built a little tent on a beach (CG style) ?

HA! HAHA! HA! THAT'S AN AWESOME IDEA!

Not being able to stay connected to the server, I shall, instead, explain my thoughts on how ther server should be:

I had in my mind, as Bent seems to imply, that it should be a community thing where we (you) all work together to create a big Malazan-esque world, rather than all just building your own stuff in different places (otherwise you may as well be playing in single player mode).

In other words, if I were playing, I would vote for connecting everything by roads and creating yourself a kind of city (you could build it around the spawn point but as you can't build in the immediate vicinity, you could have that as some kind of park in the centre of the city. Then you could build all of your Malazan monuments etc as you travel away from the city.

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 13 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#708 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

View PostTraveller, on 13 October 2010 - 11:41 AM, said:

I had a wander about last night on MP. Nice to see a landscape where other people had been busy! Went past Cocos name, headed south past a giant H on a hilltop, and built a small refuge on a hill to show I'd visited! I think it could work really well if anyone is allowed to contribute, without stepping on the toes of other projects.

Hardly have enough time for single player at the mo, multi looks like another time-guzzler.

Ran into a bit of a glitch on single player - my boat became jammed on nothing out at sea; I got trapped in it, and lost all my stuff. My boats seem to float into walls on my elevator too, which makes them a bit too unpredictable. On the plus side my mine track now goes from the surface down to bedrock, so I can start a proper mine. Have already found a stash of diamonds!

You sure that wasn't my giant 'M'?

I would certainly not object to a road and can contribute if we decide on some sort of standard for it.

As of now I've not really built much in the way of great works. I've groomed a couple of giant trees on the top of my mountain, built a small hall behind the waterfall and a little shack on top of the mountain. Most of my time has been used digging out resources beneath me. I've gotten down to the lava-layer and will dig out tunnels around there until I've gathered enough.

My first serious project will be an azath with a couple of crumbled Jaghut towers adjacent too it I reckon. On the hills opposite my waterfall more or less. Problematically, I was planning to build the Azath from obsidian, but since buckets wont work yet that'll have to wait.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#709 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

I'll take care of the road building, I just need for everyone to lay down a row of torches from the spawn point, to their respective "places"

I'll dig out a couple of blocks wide, and a couple deep, and replace a single layer with cobble stone. this way, once you got down onto the road, you can follow it to each place.

But I wont be able to do anything until friday night or saturday. That should give everyone time to place their torches.

Note; it would help if you were to put the torches in a semi straight - to straight - line.

#710 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

Once the initial road is built - as you spread out making improvements around you (forts and castles, etc.) you can build your own roads in a similar manner.

#711 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

man oh man. I gotta get in on this thing.

Hopefully I'll have some evening time this week. If not, the wife is away from Sunday to Thursday so I should definitely have hours to dump into it next week.

How do inventories work. Can you trade off ores and materials with other players?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#712 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:46 PM

When you log in, follow the torches to Slippery Jim's shack. In there is a load of materials in boxes, and a workbench etc.

Also you can dig for what you need if you are farther out, as usual.

#713 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

Ok, so you can trade materials via a chest?

That sounds good. Is the protocol to leave unused and extra materials in those chests when you're done for the day so others can use em or does he just keep em filled using admin rights or something?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#714 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

Im not 100 percent on that, as I just stuck my head in, but I think its unlimited materials in those boxes. Jim would be better to answer this though

#715 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:03 PM

The hill with the giant H is mine, a bit away from the others (I'm a hermit, you see). Somebody went a made themselves my neighbor, so I snuck over and left a block of dirt in the front yard. HAHAHAHAHa Welcome to my neighbor hood, hope you've got something good...

Free Materials? Arrggghhh.

I will help with any community projects that I can. Road idea is awesome, if I can make a straight path from the spawn point.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#716 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

View PostSlippery Jim, on 12 October 2010 - 11:04 AM, said:

Server is up. 217.137.144.226:25565

Jim

p.s. Thinking about the timing thing...

nevermind.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 13 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#717 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

My java times out. Drivers etc are up to date, as is Java itself.

#718 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

I like Bents idea of starting to connect everything building our little Malazan Empire up around the spawn point and radiating outward.

I reckon that we all have different temperaments and future plans for the server. Some like me and Morgoth are setting up shop and gathering lots and lots of resources, others are travelling around exploring the world, and some are just dicking about like Coco and his insane "I shall move this mountain" project.

I reckon as we're getting started we'll go through phases.

First phase for a lot of people is getting settled. Finding a place you can call your own and work out of.

Second phase is getting connected look up other peoples places and see what they are up, build some infrastructure.

Third phase start getting creative. I reckon if we put our heads together we could build some enormous things.

Personally, I think I will make the top of my Mountain into a Skystation that I will begin to stretch out with skybridges connecting other people's homes and create a network we can use to get around faster. As far as I've heard minecarts don't work properly yet, so I think I'm going to try making a boat jumping transportation system (it's actually a faster mode of transportation than minecarts) if it's not too much of a pain in the ass. Otherwise we'll just have to run.

---------

AS FOR THE AZATH PROJECT.

I think we should make this the first group project, I think we should make it big and I reckon we should make it a useful structure.

Hopefully when the Halloween path goes through monsters will begin to act like normal monsters in Single player. That means we can kill them and we can harvest their resources.

So what I propose is that we make our Azath into a true Azath, a killing ground that swallows monsters and feeds us the spoils. If you saw my Super Monster Spawning Trap a couple of pages back you know what I am thinking about.

Basically making the Azath tower the center where all the monsters are transported into and killed. The grounds surrounding it will be full of holes, that will take them into the earth and through a water system take them to a drowning pool or cactus trap under the Azath tower.

This way not only will it look awesome, we can also use it to generate arrows and TNT in huge amounts.

#719 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

This failed so I have removed the spurious info.

Use the standard server info for the time being.

Jim

This post has been edited by Slippery Jim: 13 October 2010 - 05:45 PM

#720 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

View PostSlippery Jim, on 13 October 2010 - 03:27 PM, said:

OK all,

Since I love you all so much I have set up a Virtual Server with our world on it. Don't ask about the effort involved - let's just say I know more about Linux command line operations than I did before.

The server is 24/7.

The new IP is 109.123.109.13

(If that doesn't work try 109.123.109.13:25565)

Any probs please give me a shout!

Jim

You sir, are a paragon of selflessness whose very behavior ought to inspire future generations.

Have rep ;)

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users