• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#461 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:37 PM

Okay I just killed by something inside my own tower.

I was in my storage vault dumping off some coal, dirt and stone when I was suddenly attacked from behind by what sounded like a zombie. It killed me before I could turn around and see it.

I quickly ran back into my tower picked up some weapons from the weapons cache on the above floor and went back into the vault. All my stuff was scattered across the floor but there was no zombie. What more, I did a routine check all around the vault and there's no area that isn't covered in light so the zombie couldn't have spawned in there. My tower is always securely locked down. So how did a monster get in there? What if it wasn't a zombie?

He is out there.

#462 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

View PostAptorian, on 03 October 2010 - 07:37 PM, said:

I was in my storage vault dumping off some coal, dirt and stone when I was suddenly attacked from behind by what sounded like a zombie. It killed me before I could turn around and see it.

I quickly ran back into my tower picked up some weapons from the weapons cache on the above floor and went back into the vault. All my stuff was scattered across the floor but there was no zombie. What more, I did a routine check all around the vault and there's no area that isn't covered in light so the zombie couldn't have spawned in there. My tower is always securely locked down. So how did a monster get in there? What if it wasn't a zombie?

He is out there.

Herobrine.

#463 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

View PostAptorian, on 03 October 2010 - 07:37 PM, said:

He is out there.

I've had nights where I'd come out in the morning and see a creeper at the other side of my lawn, so I'd go after it but in the process it would pass out of sight behind my house and when I get there... nothing. Just disappeared. So I think mobs can despawn in daytime when they're out of sight, and that's probably what happened to you. As for how it got in there... spawned in the roof and fell down to ground level?

So what's the deal with lava? It doesn't burn anything it comes into contact except the player (and mobs)? And if it flows into water it makes cobblestone?

This post has been edited by D'rek: 03 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#464 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:39 PM

And if you water a lava source block, you get obsidian.

#465 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

Okay, but let's say you had a suspended lava source block in the sky over the ocean. It would make a stream of lava descending into the water, and where it hits the lava you'd get cobblestone? Then the lava would flow to either side and create cobblestone on each side of that? And then flow to each side of *those* blocks and so on and so forth and eventually make the entire ocean covered in a layer of cobblestone?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#466 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

I doesn't necessarily work that way. I've seen water falling straight down through water. I think it generally has to do with how the world generates the lava fall.

I've also experienced the cascading effect of cobblestone generation when the lava hits water in my construction of my lava beacon tower. It creates a couple of layers of cobble down through the water and then it kind of just stops.

#467 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:50 AM

Posted Image

---------------

In other news I have begun working on a gigantic mob spawning trap. I'm planning on making it a 60x60 room in two or three layers. This is a giant project. I haven't even finished my submarine project yet, sigh.

#468 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

Minecraft Battlecruiser

#469 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

Battlecruiser operational!

now... THOR IS HIER!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#470 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

God damn this mob trap is going to be HUGE:

Attached File  Mob Spawner1.jpg (55.65K)
Number of downloads: 0

#471 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

That battlecruiser is awesome! I think we should build an Imperial Star Destroyer out of iron!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#472 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

It has been built. It is huge.

#473 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

View PostAptorian, on 04 October 2010 - 03:19 PM, said:

It has been built. It is huge.

Dear God! I'm going to look for it right now...

(In between wishing I could play ping pong like Bruce Lee...that was crazy-awesome.)

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 04 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#474 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but the Bruce Lee ping pong video is from a cell phone commercial. It's footage from Enter the Dragon that's been spliced with a random ping pong match. I really wanted it to be true as well. But if it had been true I'd been forced to open a church in his name, because even Jesus was never that awesome.

In other news, still chipping away on the mob spawner chamber.

#475 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

Oh, I knew that, but it's still crazy-awesome.

#476 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

This one is crazy, even just from this shot:

Attached File  tumblr_koh7nofga31qzmnipo5_4001.png (111.91K)

Most others I've seem seem to be severely lacking in detail and/or are totally out of proportion.

Wouldn't it be awesome to build one as detailed as that Enterprise was! Considering a Star Destroyer is 1.6km long, does that mean a 1:1 model would be 1600 blocks in length?

This is quite a good pic of a 'real' one that shows of all the details that would be great to include:

Attached File  695975-destroyer_super1.jpg (35.42K)

EDIT: I used to have one of these - it was great...then I sold it when I didn't know what to do with it anymore.

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 04 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

#477 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

If you really wanted to go into detail you'd probably have to go way over 1600... Which is crazy.

Nearly done with the first step of the build:

Attached File  Mob Spawner2.jpg (70.01K)

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 04 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

#478 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:21 PM

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

:o :) :D :D :D :apt:

Posted Image

#479 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

That's going to be so cool! I'm looking forward to the 'hell'.

Portal in and portal out; used to travel long distances in a short space of time...what does that remind you of, then?

#480 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

He has already stated that he is inspired by the Ways in Wheel of Time. So, yeah, that's going to be fucking awesome. I wonder if he will make the hell place so dangerous that you don't want to stay there one second or if there's going to be room for a little exploring. I'm guessing it's just going to be lakes of lava, mountains of gravel (ash) and waves of monsters.

I'm scared by the torches expiring. I hope he stays with the suggestion that he changes all current torches into lanterns and then makes a new recipe so that I won't have to run around replacing every damn torch I've placed.

I'm most interesting in the new monsters and biomes. Different landscapes with varying climates will be awesome, I just hope we get a spawn point changer in the bargain. As for the monsters. I'm hoping he implements flying monsters and sea monsters along with the giants.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users