• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#421 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:27 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 29 September 2010 - 09:28 PM, said:

Sometimes though it'll randomly get stuck or just burst apart into sticks and wood.

My boats seem to do that too, whenever I so much as knock against something. What (am / are) (I / we) doing wrong or are boats just generally incredibly...uhh...weak?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#422 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:42 AM

Always keep a stack of boats in a chest on the top and on the bottom of the water elevator. Problem solved... I guess.

#423 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

huh, now its working perfectly ?? .. Ah well
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#424 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

I have officially began building a greenhouse, Minecraft afficionados! I pulled a page from X's books and gave it only an underground entrance that branches from the tunnels I have going to the Mega Cave. I haven't started plowing, yet, since I need to set up water sources and stone pathways, but it is coming. I've also put together a large grove of trees for harvesting so I never run low on wood again. I must needs get pics.

#425 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

Well after a few glitches that deleted stuff from my inventory and a horrible death at the bottom of a cavern system that saw me lose all of my steel and diamond (and I had a lot of each...from that beautiful resource-rich cave), I took a page from X's playbook and made a huge 7x7 mineshaft from the top cloud-level mountain with the aim of reaching the bottom of the world. I've had great success with keeping my coal supplies high and have recently made some nice iron ore finds. Nothing more valuable as yet, but I don't think I'm deep enough.

I've read the game is 64 blocks above sea level and 64 blocks below sea level before you reach the game's limits.

Clouds are maybe 40ish blocks above sea level and my pit is 68 blocks below cloud level. The clouds sweep through my base at the top of the mineshaft...so the interior and the fort built above is almost constantly shrouded in mist. Nice effect anyway.

Here's the pit from the bottom and from the top. I hope to reach the bottom of the world before too much longer.

Attached File  the pit.jpg (84.9K)
Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  the pit 2.jpg (117.31K)

Still reading up on the server thing. Work is stressing me the fuck out and I haven't had too much intelligence or patience left at the end of the last few days.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#426 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

Amen on the work thing, cf. Minecraft has been a wonderful relaxation aid these past few evenings.

#427 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

I don't know. Having built a causeway across a lake of lava I started digging on the other side only to knock through into an underground lake that washed me straight into the lava and to death.

Thankfully, wise from previous encounters I had stored all my previous findings before tackling the lava and all, yet I lost another diamond pickax, 4 iron buckets and a full set of iron armour.

I don't know how relaxed I felt just then
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#428 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 30 September 2010 - 02:49 PM, said:

I don't know. Having built a causeway across a lake of lava I started digging on the other side only to knock through into an underground lake that washed me straight into the lava and to death.

Thankfully, wise from previous encounters I had stored all my previous findings before tackling the lava and all, yet I lost another diamond pickax, 4 iron buckets and a full set of iron armour.

Haha, true. I've lost my fair share of diamond and iron items, too. The relaxation comes from the building, not the gathering. I had a fine time last night planting trees and burying my sword in Creeper heads.

#429 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

whats the spec's for this game? realise won't take much gfx but can imagine it eats your memory with the processing

went to purchase and discovered my mouse is busted, dont fancy using my laptop mouse pad to negotiate so going to buy a new mouse this weekend and purchase!!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#430 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

@champoon - its graphics & CPU heavy If you have an onboard card, turn the game down as much as you can. It stopped my work machine from crashing every 2 minutes. It is a 3Ghz Pentium4 w/ 2 GB RAM and a Radeon 300 card. My home computer will run it wide open: 3 Ghz Pentium Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, 512 MB video card, wireless DSL conn.

How do you keep the creepers from exploding so you can kill them with a sword?

Also pausing the game for a few minutes will crash my work comp. - apparently heat is a concern

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 30 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#431 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 30 September 2010 - 06:33 PM, said:

They only explode if you're close enough to them, I think, so if you run in, hit them and run away quickly so that you're out of range, they'll stop their fuse thing (and won't blow up). If that works, you should be able to keep doing that until it dies.

I prefer using a bow as then I can keep a safe distance away.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#432 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 30 September 2010 - 12:02 PM, said:

Well after a few glitches that deleted stuff from my inventory and a horrible death at the bottom of a cavern system that saw me lose all of my steel and diamond (and I had a lot of each...from that beautiful resource-rich cave), I took a page from X's playbook and made a huge 7x7 mineshaft from the top cloud-level mountain with the aim of reaching the bottom of the world. I've had great success with keeping my coal supplies high and have recently made some nice iron ore finds. Nothing more valuable as yet, but I don't think I'm deep enough.

Awesome stuff. You've stolen my idea. I've been eyeing a near by mountain where I plan on building a fort on top and digging down through the mountain to the bedrock.

I notice you haven't built any plateaus/levels into the shaft like X did is that on purpose or just an over sight?

View PostTarcanus, on 30 September 2010 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 30 September 2010 - 02:49 PM, said:

Haha, true. I've lost my fair share of diamond and iron items, too. The relaxation comes from the building, not the gathering. I had a fine time last night planting trees and burying my sword in Creeper heads.

Yeah. Spelunking and venturing into the deep darkness is more like a necessary evil, I use those trips to gather the ressources I need to do other building projects.

View PostHiddenOne, on 30 September 2010 - 06:33 PM, said:

@champoon - its graphics & CPU heavy If you have an onboard card, turn the game down as much as you can. It stopped my work machine from crashing every 2 minutes. It is a 3Ghz Pentium4 w/ 2 GB RAM and a Radeon 300 card. My home computer will run it wide open: 3 Ghz Pentium Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, 512 MB video card, wireless DSL conn.

Also pausing the game for a few minutes will crash my work comp. - apparently heat is a concern

View PostGreen Pig, on 30 September 2010 - 06:39 PM, said:

They only explode if you're close enough to them, I think, so if you run in, hit them and run away quickly so that you're out of range, they'll stop their fuse thing (and won't blow up). If that works, you should be able to keep doing that until it dies.

I prefer using a bow as then I can keep a safe distance away.

Creepers explode when you're within one block of them.

You can keep them at bay just by swinging the sword before they get too close. You can hear if you're in danger if they begin making the sizzling sound. If they do that just after you hit them, back up a bit and then hit them again when the sound dies down. If you in an open area or you have the high ground creepers are not hard to handle. The problem is that if you find one creeper there's usually more around and they like to attack when you've got your back turned.

#433 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

It's been my experience that you have a 2-block reach on all of your weapons/tools/blocks/yourhand. If you time the swing correctly (and not just hold in 'attack' since the first swing will hit and the Creeper will then have time to get close enough to explode)you'll hit the Creeper once, then swing again with the decent timing and you'll keep hitting it while it's still 2 blocks away - Creepers only start to explode when they get within 1 block of you.

ETA: Darn, Apt beat me to the punch.

This post has been edited by Tarcanus: 30 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

#434 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Attached File  Malaz MC.jpg (121.1K)

#435 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

The water ladder. This is awesome. Use the signs to keep the water in the holes. Apparently to make it work, you have to build it so that when you're climbing it you're facing south or west. Something about the game mechanics:

#436 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

I was going to embed the video, but it wasn't working for me. Anyway, what this guy did is Awesome.

#437 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

Posted Image

#438 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

weekend's coming.

couple hours sleep a day tops should be fine right?

then I can get a good start on my next project.

I've mined a staircase down to bedrock from about 40 or so above sea level, now to start expanding a few floors........
meh. Link was dead :(

#439 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

A bunch of texture packs that allows you to chose what season you want to play in:

http://www.retributi...s.com/quandary/

#440 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

Thinking of trying out either November or December...

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

50 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users