• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#401 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

View PostAptorian, on 28 September 2010 - 07:14 PM, said:

Just died at the bottom of a cave. I got swamped by monsters. In front of me was a couple of blocks of diamond and if I'm not mistaken, I could hear a slime. And I died. Damn it, I've never encountered a slime before!

I'm going to pause the game, take a break and then rush down there and see if I can recover my shit.

Good luck! I've never seen a slime, either, and would probably do the same thing.

#402 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

Got down there and had my revenge but half my stuff was gone (including a whole quiver of arrows :)

But the Slime was still there! It was all cute and green. Unfortunately it didn't drop any slime balls, which I was hoping for. Still, got to meet a slime and found a couple of diamonds. Worth a death.

#403 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

I can live with the loss of Diamond tools and weapons, as well as the redstone, iron, gold and coal I had gathered. I have more of all that than I can possibly use as it is.

Losing almost 200 arrows on the other hand :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#404 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 September 2010 - 07:57 PM, said:

I can live with the loss of Diamond tools and weapons, as well as the redstone, iron, gold and coal I had gathered. I have more of all that than I can possibly use as it is.

Losing almost 200 arrows on the other hand :)

That's crazy. You can easily find the materials needed to make arrows, but diamonds and other ores are rare enough to be a pain. Especially diamond.

#405 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

I don't know about you, but hunting 200 and some chickens is not what I had planned for this week :)

I don't have more than 15 or so diamonds stored, but I've only used 4 so far so I doubt I'll ever run out. I have an entire chest of coal and some 200 pieces of iron together with 40 gold and 150 or so redstone.

Until I start building a rail system I'll hardly lack iron. Redstone I guess will be tougher when I start experimenting with traps and such, but I still find a new cave about every hour or so while digging and they're all filled with resources.

#406 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Why on earth were you carrying 200 arrows at once? I only ever carry around a 64 bundle and I've never run out, But then again, I usually retreat from a cave every time my inventory fills with dirt and gravel.

Farming feathers for arrows isn't that hard. For example my orchard constantly spawns animals. I can probably pick up at least a handful of feathers per day. Right now I have over a 1000 arrows in my weapons cache.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 28 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

#407 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

Haha, it's not that I go hunting chickens, just that when I see them, I kill them. I also target any zombies I see, since they also drop feathers. But I'm like Apt in that I only carry a 64 arrow bundle at all times, but I also try to get monsters into tough locations where I can just hack them to pieces with my sword so I conserve arrows.

And I am amazed at the amount of iron you have. I've stumbled across a ton of redstone, but iron seems to be my achilles. I just can't see to find any and I'm even conserving it by using all stone weapons (barring the sword)

I'm beginning to think I should actually start mining and not just relying on caves to supply my ore needs.

#408 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

caves are more efficient for sure, but not nearly as satisfying as massive mining projects. I'm at full work digging my first attempt at a water-elevator. It's about 9x2x25 at this point, but I aim to go deeper still.

I've found about 10 iron so far and a little coal, but man was the silver glimmer satisfying as it appeared.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 28 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

#409 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:03 AM

Well well well...the main structure is complete, though don't be fooled - appearances are deceiving - I still have a lot of work to do to the lower levels (where did you think all that water went to?):

Attached File  MC12.jpg (190.38K)
Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  MC13.jpg (150.77K)

Attached File  MC14.jpg (160.55K)
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#410 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:27 AM

Nice GP

Turns out this is not as simple as I hoped. My comptuer has difficulty running survival single-player, and struggles with Classic mode online, but it DOES actually runs the MP software. While this is encouraging, there is some junk about port forwarding and other hosting issues I need to read up on.

Don't lose hope yet, but it might be a day or so before I read through the background material and take another hack at it.

Stand by

I love this game. Answer to my gaming prayers.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#411 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

How do you make secure defenses when mobs can spawn anywhere? I waited while the sun went down, looking down on my walled gardens, and no mobs could scale the walls or get over the moat. So the next night, I assume nothing can get in, and am busy tunnelling in my mine when I see that outside the garden is full of zombies. I come out of the mine, which I have JUST dug, and am FOLLOWED OUT by a creeper!

Which blows me up in my own garden.

So how do you make a truly secure area?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#412 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:00 AM

light light and more light. Mobs will only spawn in pitch dark squares.

@Cervez - there's a thread on the minecraft forums that is supposed to take you through all that step by step.

#413 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:40 PM

You guys suck. Apparently my world has only two resources, stone & monsters. I feel so poor.

Actually got my work computer to run the game by turning all the graphics related stuff down. YAY! "Honey, I'm working late, down in the mine!"

Also, @ Morgoth - don't feel bad, as I came in from a smoke break, I momentarily feared a creeper on the other side of my door where I couldn't see. That's not right.

The "16-bit computer on the face of the world" guy has got to be gifted with some real madness. I couldn't watch anymore.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#414 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 29 September 2010 - 09:00 AM, said:

@Cervez - there's a thread on the minecraft forums that is supposed to take you through all that step by step.

Ah. I'll be needing more light then! (Has anyone tried containing lava in glass? It sounds unlikely, but a block of lava inside a glass structure would be a cool lamp as it gives off so much light. I was thinking of a column of lava inside columns of glass on top of my tower, to make a bright beacon. useless if the glass won't hold it though)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 29 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#415 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

View PostTraveller, on 29 September 2010 - 01:12 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 29 September 2010 - 09:00 AM, said:

Ah. I'll be needing more light then! (Has anyone tried containing lava in glass? It sounds unlikely, but a block of lava inside a glass structure would be a cool lamp as it gives off so much light. I was thinking of a column of lava inside columns of glass on top of my tower, to make a bright beacon. useless if the glass won't hold it though)

Putting lava under glass is no problem.

#416 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

Didn't you see the tower I posted a page or two back? :)

#417 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

so, when are we getting this server then? Hurry up and I'll tell you a dirty secret about a long-timer of your choice :)

#418 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 29 September 2010 - 05:22 PM, said:

Didn't you see the tower I posted a page or two back? :)

No, but I have now! When I'm at work not all the images show.

That's exactly what I had in mind!

#419 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:28 PM

I can't get my water-elevator to work. generally the boat goes on a loop of its own no problem. Sometimes though it'll randomly get stuck or just burst apart into sticks and wood. Also, I cant seem to get out of the boat once i enter it...

#420 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

IT WONT FUCKING WORK!!

gah.. I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong. I'm going to bed