• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#3321 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

I'm having an issue, see if any of you can figure it out.

I think it started a couple days ago when I updated Java on both 32bit Firefox & 64bit I.E. When I click the left mouse button, the game pauses as if I had hit the 'Esc' key and the mouse pointer appears. Needless to say, MC requires a steady use of left click, so I can't play until I resolve this.

A brief review of the MC forum shows nothing.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3322 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Don't know what to say there HO. I always have both 32 and 64bit JRE installed at the same time. MC sorts out which it needs, or at least I think it does.

Never had the issue.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3323 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Why are you using 32bit FF and 64bit IE? It should be tailored to your OS requirements.

And, I would imagine it is an error in java, not MC. I would suggest stripping java off a machine and reinstalling it.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3324 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

I have both installed because MC works better with 64bit if you're on a 64bit OS.

Firefox and chrome both are 32bit browsers. It doesn't matter if they're on a 64 bit OS. At least, that's how I think it works
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3325 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

I removed & replaced both versions of Java, tried IE 32 & 64 all the same problems

Then I went back to Java 6 v 35 and it work properly again, but it takes about 6 tries to login

Thoughts?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3326 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

What error are you getting when failing to login? Mine sometimes throws a wobbly at server login, I just close MC, restart and it mostly works.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3327 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

So I've been looking into tekkit. Apparently it is the easiest thing to get up and running EVER now. They have their own launcher and everything. No more editing minecraft.jar files or any of that annoying crap. All automatic (on windows anyway).

Anybody want to start a tekit server? At least temporarily?

I think it's pretty clear we don't have the same restrictions on accessibility we had before. We can now post a custom message to anybody trying to log in (ie go get the tekkit launcher to log in) and the launcher itself makes installing tekkit client-side a trivial matter.

I'm personally up for it, but I don't want to disrupt anybody's big projects.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3328 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

I'm kinda very slowly working on stuff... does it work for mac? What is tekkit?
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3329 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Has everyone abandoned the game already?

#3330 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

No, I've just been really crunched for time.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3331 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Same. Started some more renovations on my house, they consume all of my free time.

#3332 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

I'm in the proces of buying a house, no time for me. I'm on some though.
Error: Signature not valid

#3333 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

I've not been on server much this week due to the discovery of Tekkit. Black Mesa Source is out shortly so that'll distract me away for a while longer too.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3334 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Is this Tekkit something for MP or only SP?

I miss IC actually.

#3335 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

I haven't been on for ages, but I'd like a look around. Who knows, i might even find enough time to build something. Can someone p.m me the address? Will I need to update anything?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3336 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

PM'd

#3337 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

No need to keep it a secret, really, we've been experimenting for a couple of weeks with tekkit on my own private server. It's very fun and very addictive, and adds so much machinery/computer/logic/power content to the game it's unbelievable. Like 1000s of new blocks and crafting recipes. Tekkit is really an amalgam of many different mods, namely IndustrialCraft, Redpower, Buildcraft and Railcraft, but there are a dozen or so smaller mods in there as well.

I'd love to invite everybody on now that I see it's stable, but tekkit sucks up roughly 3x the resources of minecraft with only 2-3 players online simultaneously. I don't think I can increase my server cap much beyond that without constantly crashing the world. It also only requires that everybody playing is on the same page more or less with regards to what can/can't be built. Some items like world anchors and teleporter pipes keep chunks loaded when nobody is logged in or when nobody is nearby, so it requires some coordination not to completely overload the server with too many of those. Other items, like top-tier machines can get a bit buggy and a few crashed our world completely, requiring use of an world editor to remove the machines before it would start working again. I'm sorry I can't host everybody on my own server, and I can't really afford to increase capacity just now (costs quite a bit), so don't PM me to beg for admittance. Server's full.

Installing tekkit client-side is now painfully easy. Just download the latest launcher from tekkit website, select tekkit from the drop-down menu and log in with your MC login and password. It auto installs all of the mods in a stable arrangement so you don't have to fuck around trying to resolve conflicts and stability issues. Install is in a separate directory so you don't need to modify the regular vanilla minecraft .jar files. You can play single player or multiplayer if you can find a server with open spots. The tekkit site has lists on their forums of servers you can join up to. Some public, some private. I haven't looked into it too closely.

Not sure what our limits are with our current host provided by HO's friend either. Right now it's at 1gb ram, which is all that's needed for vanilla minecraft. If we can get about 3gig of RAM with a bit more processing power then we could definitely try out a malaz tekkit server on the main IP address. Admin-wise it's no more difficult than minecraft except for the occasional required restart after a crash so I would not mind doing it. Where the service is currently free, maybe HO can comment on how far we can push our luck.

If anybody else has a server or wants to get one and try hosting tekkit for us, then I'd be happy to instruct you on how to install it all. Server-side it's very easy to do.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 17 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3338 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

server is down temporarily for an upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Afterward we will have enough RAM to try TEKKIT on a whole-server scale!

It will mean that we need to start over again, but let me tell you...tekkit is worth it 100%.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3339 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 04 October 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

server is down temporarily for an upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Afterward we will have enough RAM to try TEKKIT on a whole-server scale!

It will mean that we need to start over again, but let me tell you...tekkit is worth it 100%.

Very Excited!
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#3340 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Quarries, quarries everywhere.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic