Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

They're fixing lilypads?! Yes! Thank you, Mojang. Thank you. *tears of joy*
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3202 User is offline   JLV 

• Stoned Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

Someone PM me if ya'll decide to do a pvp thingy. Seems like fun.

#3203 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

Wouldn't really be into a pvp thing, personally.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3204 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

I've been messing around with some of the texture packs and local mods (ie ones that work for me but don't affect the server). The water render mod is fucking amazing. It's pretty easy to install too...very similar to how Industrialcraft or Tekkit installs with some extra files in the bin folder and a few files in minecraft.jar.

The result is realistic-looking water with reflections of terrain, clouds and everything. Very cool. I'll post a screen of it next time I'm on.

Mod isn't without it's glitches and it works only patchily on waterfall tiles, but any still body of water renders near perfectly.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3205 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, that mod combined with a high resolution realistic texture pack looks pretty good. Although it can look silly as everything looks pretty nice but its still in block form. Also found that the water looks way too good in relation to everything else.
No Touchy.

#3206 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

has anybody come up with a terrain-smoother mod yet? Like something that automatically inserts 45deg angles on the sides of blocks to make the terrain look continuous?

It would be tough to implement that, but could look pretty dang cool I think.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3207 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

I was messing around with a shader and CF gave me the ideat to put some screens of our world if anyone is interested . Looks pretty good and its easy enough to install. Linky

Spoiler

No Touchy.

#3208 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Badass. I want to install that shader too. With the water effects and my new texture pack I think it would look pretty good.

I've been using the "summerfields" tex pack. It's higher res than the 16bit no-mod-required packs, but not quite as photo-real as the ones you posted. I agree with the earlier comment that you can only go so high def without it looking silly due to the general blockiness of the world. Main thing I like is the improved look of all the mobs. Endermen in suits with blank white heads. Scary. Also water and lava are much improved.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3209 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

I just logged into the server, it's been a while. I barely remember how to play! NOt sure where to go to get started, I don't want to step on any toes.

Also, and good texture packs compatible with the current version I should check out? I forget which one I used to use but I remember it was no longer being updated.
Error: Signature not valid

#3210 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

planetminecraft.com has a tonne of texturepacks and you can sort them by version, the most current being 1.2.5. The next version, 1.3 is supposed to be out soon with many new blocks, so expect that whatever packs and mods you implement now will need to be re-patched before much longer. I've been playing with some of the HD texture packs, which require an extra mod to function (links provided on planet minecraft) and it's kinda neat. Mobs certainly look a lot cooler.

The server is laid out heavily east of the spawn at the moment. There's also a big forest castle area directly north thru the taiga forest. To the west (ocean) there is also some construction on islands, but you don't have to go too far (600ish blocks) to get into unused territory if you want isolation. South of the spawn across the ocean there are sparse settlements. Using the nether portals, the nearest being in the basement of Castle CF at the spawn, is a good way to get to the fringe territories with minimal running.

Town is actually a better starting point than the spawn right now. If you head south or east of that you can get into new stuff with relatively little walking.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3211 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

Can you give me coordinates of the town?

#3212 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

That's the end of town nearest the spawn. It stretches from there to the south and east. Outside the walled city's south gates there are a bunch of wood buildings that make up a shanty town (my town) and to the east of that are ADL's massve replica projects.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3213 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

CF - why don't you load the new world tonight if no one objects, looking forward to it although I'll only get a little time on

Any thought to providing some basics to save the hassle of working with wood & stone the whole time? start us in the iron age or something?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3214 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

I suppose I could load it early, except I've kind of set a time people know about now, so I want to stick with it.

I'll keep in mind suggestions for next time and will definitely be looking for feedback on how it all went. If the time was super inconvenient, then definitely let me know. Nothing saying we have to do it on a weekend even...I just thought it would be a good place to start.

And NO iron age. We're doing this from scratch. That said, if it turns out to be a major hindrance and point of suckiness, I'll gladly give some headstart materials next time around.

The map is supposed to be well seeded with minerals, so I wouldn't worry about locating what we need without too much effort. The spawn island is plenty big too. We won't be cramped for space and strained for materials as we establish a base of operation.

I honestly think the biggest challenge will be the map's size. It is big and we'll need to get people out with maps and compasses asap to explore and locate the critical locations like the nether and end portals.

I was thinking it would be neat to set up a permanent world map on the ground somewhere that you could view from a height. You'd have to build it as the world is explored and as explorers return from their quests...but it would give everybody a solid idea as to where everything is.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 13 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3215 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

ok, no complaints from me, it's your party after all

I think this will have to be something we work on over time

How would you make a permanent world map? that sounds cool
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3216 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

i just meant make a map out of blocks on the ground. use sand for desert, green for forest, stone for mountains etc...

Ray, after you died I put all your stuff in a chest at your treehouse.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3217 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Awesome, thanks. That was irritating, I haven't rage quit minecraft in a while! Felt good.

#3218 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

has anybody PM'd the whitelist to make sure everybody knows we have a special thing underway?

#3219 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

How's the new map going? I'll be on a little later this afternoon to give it a shot.

#3220 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

just tried to log on, seems my password has changed...somehow. I'll see about getting it later on, but it certainly is frustrating.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

26 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook