• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#3181 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Looking for a spot to settle down. Apart from a sprawling mega-structure in grey and black on a mountaintop and 2 airships (blue balloons) about halfway through, I haven't noticed anyone in the area that's diametrically opposed to the skyway. OK if I make my home there? There are some vales, valleys, lakes and hills that will make for a really nice leisure area and I am happy to plant my flag there.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3182 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

That might be me on the mountaintop, not sure - If I understand the place you describe, it's nice, plenty of natural caves below, river, a few animals, trees. Have at it, if somebody complains, show 'em your "Suck it" card, always works for me. I think most of us that came from the old server have already staked a claim.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3183 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

That airship combat area with the half-cylinder-looking base on the mountaintop was Messrembs. I don't recall him saying he had plans for that area, but he checks this thread pretty often and will likely clarify.

I think if there's nothing major built right nearby then you're good. That whole area with the mountains is pretty big so if you move out of sight a bit, you're likely fine.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3184 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

I haven't played for so long I don't even know what's going on with the new stuff. Enchanting? Huh? I hear there's a dragon now. Is it true that most mob grinders don't work anymore? And there is experience used for...experience stuff, I guess. I feel like an old man. I DON"T UNDERSTAND YOU KIDS THESE DAYS WITH YOUR NEWFANGLED MINECRAFT!
Error: Signature not valid

#3185 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Return to us, RLY

Magic items are fun, that what the XP is for.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3186 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

No idea on mob grinders. If they aren't currently working the way they used to, there are probably new ways around it. The game is very different than Beta, but definitely better.

Experience is required for enchanting, and it is totally awesome when you're playing on survival mode. Enchant diamond picks of efficiency and unbreaking and you pretty much never have to make a new one.

Enchanting mechanics and brewing mechanics are funny, but they're described pretty well on the minecraft wiki. I have a station set up for both in Castle CF near the spawn and you're welcome to make use of them until you have enough resources of your own. Brewing stands are particularly annoying to construct since you need indgredients only found in the Nether, from some particularly mean hard-to-kill mobs (blazes).

Dragon is in a special dimension called the "end" which is populated by endermen and accessed only via strongholds, which are automatically spawned areas (kinda like villages) underground near the original spawn point. Somebody already killed it unfortunately, but I think we could probably reset the end by simply deleting the associated files and forcing it to regenerate. If you're keen I can look into it, but you'll be more than awhile massing enough resources to take on the ender dragon.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3187 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

So, I've found a place I think. A jungle half island that borders a desert with an untouched Village and a snow area. I have no clue where I am but it seems untouched and is now mine.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3188 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

Planted the flag. I'll soon provide some border signs and tokens to delineate the area, although it looks completely deserted. Are villages spawned now, as well?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3189 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostTapper, on 21 June 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Planted the flag. I'll soon provide some border signs and tokens to delineate the area, although it looks completely deserted. Are villages spawned now, as well?

Yeah, they were chased around by some zombies when I spent the night. Found some diamond and apples too.

#3190 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

I'm actually looking forwards to starting a mining operation when I get home. The game sort of lost its charm when I had enough resources to build anything with whatever resource I wanted.

#3191 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Yeah, it tends to do that. You have to start fresh to get the charm back. After I finish the obstacle course and the new version is released, I'll probably start anew in an isolated spot.

I know I've brought it up before, but what do folks think about some alt-universe action?

We could stop the current server, save it and boot up a new world for a week or so, then stop/save it and bring back our main server afterward. Pop the alt-universe up for a week at random here and there every month or two just to throw in some flavour. And on the alt-universe nobody is OP.

We could also look at using a custom map created by somebody else to get a kind of otherworldly experience. There are lots of those custom maps floating around now.

Just a thought anyway. I'm happy with whatever as long as everybody else is. I figured it might be fun to start having some kind of "event" just to spice things up. We could even make it into a competition somehow. See who can find the most diamonds in 7 days, or create a system where reaching certain milestones in the game like crafting diamond armor, completing an enchanting/brewing bench, reaching a certain level, etc... each provides a number of points according to the difficulty, then decide the winner based on total score.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3192 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I don't know. I don't have that much time and when I do play I want to work with whatever project I'm working on. I mean, there's plenty of room in the world we have now if one wants to star anew.

#3193 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Morgoth has pooped on the party

Anyway, whatever, as long as I don't have to keep score, I'm gonna lose any contests anyway. Haven't found a diamond in a while

#3194 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

I enjoy the occasional poop as much as much as any bloke.

#3195 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

fair enough. I might give it a try sometime just for the hell of it. Not anytime real soon.

Maybe a better format would be Minecraft event weekends. We start a new server or custom server just for Saturday and Sunday and give everybody ample notice of the dates. See what we can collectively accomplish in just 2 days.

Have the whole thing themed too maybe...like desert-island survival, or floating-in-space island survival where there are limited resources and some common goal to work toward as a group.

I dunno. It could be rad. I know everybody lurves their stuff on the main server, but the occasional spice would be cool I think.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3196 User is offline   Ir'ra 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

How about one of Vareide's PvP Survival Game Maps

This post has been edited by Ir'ra: 21 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

#3197 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Yayaya!

I watched the yogscast crew do one of those and it looked amazingly fun. We'd need a bunch of us online at once for it to work though...and you kinda need somebody to not play and act as moderator, but still, something like that would be very fun.

Even if you didn't play pvp, co-op survival on something like that might be cool.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3198 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

I'll be on at some point for sure. No need to reset the end dragon just for me, it doesn't sound too compelling. I am sad to have lost my house from the last server. I really liked that house. Still, I can build a better version I guess.
Error: Signature not valid

#3199 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:22 AM

Blah, still getting killed pretty much all the time.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3200 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Cool, some new and exciting things in the next update.

http://www.minecraft...coming_features
No Touchy.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

29 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users