• You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#3081 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

cerveza_fiesta, on 22 March 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

gah, now I need to resist the urge to redo every piece of wood I've laid in on the server so far. Luckily no half or step blocks in the new colours

Yet :w00t:
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3082 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

MINECRAFT SERVER UPDATE

to all players, please pass this along to non-forum members.

HO has scored us a new home that we don't need to pay for (yay!) I am going to look into migrating the game files this week. The new home will have a new IP address which I will distribute via PM like always.

Everything on the new server will be the same as the existing one. I plan to stop the game before moving the files so nobody loses any work.

After the migration is done. I'll generate a new world at the current IP and keep it up for another few weeks. It will contain a little spawn area with some signs containing the new IP address and nothing else. You're welcome to build on that new world file, but keep in mind it will be shut down permanently before long.

I'll update once I look into it all. Should have some time tonight.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3083 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

MIGRATING NOW
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3084 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

OK. The temp world is up at the original location and it contains the new IP address. The world file will be up and running within 10 minutes of this post I hope.

I have a backup from immediately before the migration and one from immediately before our world reset (just pre-1.0) if anybody is interested. I can give you the info via PM if you want to grab it from the FTP account I set up.

I will probably make a few different zips just to make sure there was no corruption, so if anybody sees any issues with the world on the new server like reset chunks (they look like out-of-place chunks compared to the surrounding biome), corrupted areas, or severe game-breaking lag then let me know. We can expect a bit of lag I think similar to what we've always experienced.

last thing, I will be putting the original op list and whitelist into effect on the new server and I can't imagine there will be any problems with any of them, however, if anybody sees new logins that appear totally out of place, just check with myself or Messremb asap.

OK enjoy.

PS Messremb or I can give you the new IP via PM if you rather. No problem.

EDIT - done and functioning. Didn't get a chance to use it for very long so I'm interested to hear if there are any lag issues.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 29 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3085 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

working good for me, loot chests intact

gonna have to find the town project & return to the ways of MC
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3086 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Yes! Do!

It is very near your mountain, toward the rising sun on the plains.

Mess built a big walled city and I'm going for more of a villagey thing with wood structures on the southern outskirts. We designated a big area for town structures (delineated by the road that wraps behind the inn and city hall) so jump on in. Build in there or extend the road and make something farther out if you want more room.

No lava shit or pyramids near town though. Think quaint.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3087 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

you heathens have built your city in my front yard! And Messremb has built himself a castle in my backyard - that thing is crazy, I had to jump off the side to get out

lots of work done since I was there, very nice airships and all - I live in the mountain range between town & spawn

@ Messremb - next time just put your road right through my home, it will save much walking and enable me to charge a toll to protect weary travelers. And quit naming everything after yourself...
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3088 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

oh yeah, whats up with the IC mod?

#3089 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

IC mod is not running right now at all. Previously, three things converged to make it a bad idea this time around:
  • Large amount of regular playes for whom I have no email or forum contact
  • Requires a mod both clientside and server-side
  • Vanilla client will not run on a IC2 server
So, it's still a possibility in the future, but for now we're keeping things vanilla.

If Mojang ever gets around to implementing official mod support, possibly it will correct one or more of those issues...like a server that can distribute mods to clients logging in directly or something.

I have been told that there are a great deal of clientside mods that can be implemented without a serverside mod because they don't influence anything to do with game mechanics (ie no new blocks or items) so you can experiment with those.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3090 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Um, so, you know that little building on the old server that supposedly has the new server's address in it?

I can't go in. The door opens, but I can't go through it.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3091 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Don't know why that is, can't see any issues. Have put the IP on the outside now too. You do mean the building at 0,0 right?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3092 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

It's mostly made of wood, has a basic wooden staircase leading up to the (non-functioning, for me) door, has a sign saying that the server's moved, and another one with the address that I can't quite read because I can't go through the door.

Though I could never go through CF's front door, either.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3093 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

Not technically minecraft related, but

http://www.gamespot....ew-game-6369863
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3094 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

That looks so unbelievably geeky. Even geekier than minecraft. Each player ship has a fully programmable 16 bit computer on it, within the game, so you can control ship functions, but also play minigames while waiting for tedious operations to complete (like mining)

Yo dawg, we put a game in yo game so you can game while you game

Inception also comes to mind

Fucking hell...

They have to make this thing mobile compatible. Would be so awesome.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 04 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3095 User is offline   Pathfinder 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

1.2.5 is out. Not a whole lots changed, bug fixes mostly

#3096 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

cerveza_fiesta, on 04 April 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

That looks so unbelievably geeky. Even geekier than minecraft. Each player ship has a fully programmable 16 bit computer on it, within the game, so you can control ship functions, but also play minigames while waiting for tedious operations to complete (like mining)

Yo dawg, we put a game in yo game so you can game while you game

Inception also comes to mind

Fucking hell...

They have to make this thing mobile compatible. Would be so awesome.

Why, you want to crash your tractor whilst running from creepers?

#3097 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Just updated both servers.

So this 0x10^c is going to be a bit like BlockadeRunner is supposed to be then?

#3098 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

oh god...why did you remind me about blockade runner.

That shit has the potential to be even more awesome than minecraft.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3099 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

It is looking like there's going to be a BlockadeRunner update in the next few weeks too, fingers crossed...

Better yet Black Mesa Source may be out soon too, god knows that's been in development long enough.

Have added Hakonw to the whitelist btw, is a friend of sirkus24 and OftenShadow. Will try to keep an eye on them although I wont be around much this coming long weekend.

HiddenOne, on 30 March 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

you heathens have built your city in my front yard! And Messremb has built himself a castle in my backyard - that thing is crazy, I had to jump off the side to get out

Well I technically count it as my front yard given my done place down there was finished first ;) Must admit I use the stairs to get out, I find it a bit less fatal!

@ Messremb - next time just put your road right through my home, it will save much walking and enable me to charge a toll to protect weary travelers. And quit naming everything after yourself...

I did consider it but the alignment would have meant it running through ADLs houses then which I didn't like. It was going right by your melon patch at one point till I shifted it out the way - I figured I hadn't been able to consult you so I'd keep it away from you as much as possible. As for naming everything after me, I find it useful for letting people know who built it - Messrembs Castle, Port Messremb, Messrembs Domey Place, Messrembs IC-ready residence, Messrembs Moons Spawn :p

This post has been edited by Messremb: 05 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

#3100 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

I have begun the construction of CF's adventure course of fun and death.

It is in a giant TNT cave I excavated (with some help from others) not far from town. I attached it to the town road system with a bridge to make an entrance structure, but the rest of the course is as yet unfinished.

I think I'm going to make it a time trial thing. Honour system, timed yourself, with split pathways within. One path is fun, the other is risky and the goal is to get to the end of the course as quickly as possible. The paths will converge at several points throughout the course to give runners a chance to choose whether they want the slightly longer safer path or the shorter, riskier path.

Times probably in the 3-5min range. I might also do a parallel speed course that weaves through the longer one, or maybe just give an option for you to shortcut the long course and head straight to the finish line...with times posted on a separate scoreboard.

Not sure quite how to handle it all yet, but that's the basic plan. I'd love to set up a redstone timer circuit of some kind that would trigger off a cart sensor but redstone repeaters burn out all the time in multiplayer and it wouldn't give accurate times.

Any suggestions?

Also, sirkus seems to have extended a skybridge from his place way to the east, passing to the south of town. I couldn't be bothered to check out where it leads....anyone been to the end of it yet?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic