• You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2861 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

View Postrhulad, on 28 October 2011 - 04:28 AM, said:

Edit: Was on last night, why are there now hills covered in lava? There seem to be a lot of them.

Where abouts was this? I guess they weren't lava-covered before?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2862 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:02 AM

Ah man, haven't played minecraft for a month, probably longer . Been wasting my time with dark souls and school related things. Gotta check out this IC thing that's going on.
No Touchy.

#2863 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

View PostMessremb, on 29 October 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

View Postrhulad, on 28 October 2011 - 04:28 AM, said:

Edit: Was on last night, why are there now hills covered in lava? There seem to be a lot of them.

Where abouts was this? I guess they weren't lava-covered before?

Coords were approximately 812, 1351. I didn't notice the lava before, no.

#2864 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Well, I have just about exhausted all there is to do on IC except building a nuke reactor. The mod is most definitely fun.

One thing I noticed is that it focuses the builder's energy on power production and resource gathering much much moreso than before. The structures to date have been pretty small, usually just big enough to house a reactor, factory or whatever.

I am excited for a clean slate at the end of the month. The new server is going to rule.

Messremb and I are going to each start up a few SP maps and pick the best one to use as a seed for the MP map so that we get the best possible starting area to accomodate our player base and don't by random chance have our spawn area in a massive desert or ocean biome or something awful like that.

Aiming for something like the current map. Decent topography, lots of room for initial mining and resource gathering.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2865 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

So with the big release only 9 days away what're we going (well, what does CF want) to do with the server immediately after release?

IndustrialCraft2 will take weeks before a version is out given that they refuse to work on anything until there is a stable vanilla file on which to build, hence nothing for the various pre-releases.

Do we want to leave it at 1.8.1 + IC2 until a new IC2 is released?

I'd suggest we go with vanilla Minecraft for a good time until there is also a stable IC2 build out at which point we then can make sure that everyone is well aware of the change and how to connect after IC2 is added before switching the mod on - there is a lot of people who haven't been on lately at all so this may help combat that. It might also be an idea to close this thread down and start a new one that begins with explicit instructions on how to connect to an IC2 server. This does mean no IC2 ores under where most of us will initially build but I can cope with that. And I want to start building something big again!

Any other thoughts?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2866 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

Alright Malazan Miners - I've got a problem that I can't seem to fix, and was hoping that you lot might have seen it / fixed it.

Currently when I run my (1.8.x) minecraft, it launches perfectly, there's no performance problems, until suddenly, Java runs out of memory and crashes. Everything is patched up and I have no good leads.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2867 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

and you're modded with IC2 correct?

@ messremb

I can handle that too. A couple weeks of vanilla minecraft is a good idea. I don't want to wait for the server restart unless everybody else wants to. It ain't a big deal if the IC2 resources are farther away. By that time we'll be branching out from the main area anyway and establishing remote mining bases of our own.

PS it would be super awesome if the map we eventually choose had a stronghold nearby to the main area for easier access to the new ENDER dimension.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 09 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2868 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 09 November 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Alright Malazan Miners - I've got a problem that I can't seem to fix, and was hoping that you lot might have seen it / fixed it.

Currently when I run my (1.8.x) minecraft, it launches perfectly, there's no performance problems, until suddenly, Java runs out of memory and crashes. Everything is patched up and I have no good leads.

I had similar issues for a time - I'm running Win7 64bit and had Java 6 32bit installed. It'd run but would crash out after a while. Everything else worked fine.

I'd suggest checking you're running Java 7 and that you're using the appropriate version for your OS - the automatic version select on the java website kept pointing me to 32bit so I manually downloaded the 64 bit version and since then no trouble.

#2869 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

View PostMessremb, on 09 November 2011 - 09:50 PM, said:

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 09 November 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

I had similar issues for a time - I'm running Win7 64bit and had Java 6 32bit installed. It'd run but would crash out after a while. Everything else worked fine.

I'd suggest checking you're running Java 7 and that you're using the appropriate version for your OS - the automatic version select on the java website kept pointing me to 32bit so I manually downloaded the 64 bit version and since then no trouble.

Ah HA. Goddamned 32bit version! Thankyouthankyouthankyou that is SUCH A STUPID mistake. The reason 32 bit java is crashing is because the 64 bit OS begins assigning it memory outside the address length constraints of 32 bits!
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2870 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

Looks like our reset will be happening very very soon folks. Just one more week.

Any thoughts on how we want to approach this one? Do folks want to have a collaborative building / adventuring effort at the outset or are we going to more or less do what we did last time and claim massive plots relatively close to each other?

Want to start by laying out an initial town with 40x40 (or bigger) plots with streets?

I'm a big fan of the collaborative close together efforts like the town, but some of the things that were built in the original starting area were equally awesome.

I'm wondering if we should maybe institute a rule in the immediate starting area of no unimaginative "I'm going to build a giant stupid looking box" or "I'm going to dig a giant pit" type projects. While I'd never attempt to prevent that type of construction entirely (because to each his own - the server is huge and there's plenty of room)...everyone sees the main area when they first log in and will be hanging out around there for the first while. It would be nice to have something imaginative, inspiring and attractive surrounding it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2871 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

I haven't been on the server in a while, but plan to play once the release it out. I think we should should lay out a town again. It turned out pretty nice last time. In my opinion, the lots should be bigger and maybe we can have different areas of the town for different styles of architecture. If people want to build towers, or skyscrapers we could make a downtown area for that as well. We can make a pretty kick ass city. I would also suggest having a huge flat biome for this. If anyone wants to build something away from the city, they can always just portal away somewhere.
No Touchy.

#2872 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

I don't mine or craft much anymore, but I'm nevertheless going to point out that cities are (from what it seems) very common on all sorts of servers. Since this is a server tied to Malazan, you should do something uniquely Malazan. Like, for example, having the starting-spawn point be inside an Azath house which is surrounded by an enormous Azath maze of bushes and therefore hard to get out of, but of course you can go down to the tile room in the basement and teleport to... anywhere.

Or, I dunno, spawn on a ship amidst a fleet in the middle of the ocean instead of the standard middle-of-a-continent starting spot. Mix it up!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2873 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

We've been playing in an ocean biome while experimenting with the industrial craft content, and I can say first hand it kinda sucks. The ocean biomes are gargantuan and the time required to get to any sizeable land is waaay too much. I don't think it would be a good idea to start there. MC is all about getting resources, making shit out of them, and mining more with that shit to get more resources to make yet more shit. The resources are just waaaay too scarce in ocean biomes.

But I like your idea of sticking to malazaney-ness....and it's kind of along my suggested theme of medieval-ness. It'll be a while before we can really build up enough resources for travel, but reserving a lot in town for an azath house with a tile room for fast travel via nether is a super good idea. I like the idea of it being the spawn area too. My plan was to make the entire spawn chunk into a big park in the middle of town so new players get plopped in a safe area right in the middle of the action, rather than on the old server where a player got vague instructions on where things were and was left to find a new plot at some distant location right off the bat. The chunk could very easily be built into an azath house or any other malazan-themed construction. It would be kind of equivalent to our railway station / subway station in the old town once built, providing a means of getting around and a connection point for people building more remote areas.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2874 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

Does this mean D'rek is going to return to the server? I hope she and all the others absent for a time will come back to play.

Yes, the ocean biome sucks, if I hadn't picked the only island around that happened to be a massive cave entrance, I couldn't have tolerated the place.

If you are going to be able to choose the terrain we start in, I think the basic forest with some hills, some nearby mountains and some nearby water are perfect. As long as we don't spawn in: desert, snow, or lots of surrounding ocean, we should be OK.

Remember that the communal projects require lots of time from everyone, so participation will have to go way up for that to work. I think a small town, with plenty of nearby resources will work. Lay out small plots, a main street & so forth. Then as we explore, I'm sure each of us will find new places to build more permanent/gaudy/Tower of Babel type projects, leaving downtown fairly clean. There could be temp housing for newcomers or those who want a place to put their stuff while developing outlying areas.

Also, IC mod in full effect is my vote. The delay from startup will help us keep the factories of doom out of the main area a bit. I probably won't start a stronghold/fort until this happens, but I move alot to explore anyway, so I will play no matter what you guys do.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2875 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Good to hear HO.

your idea on the starting area is more or less in line with what I was thinking. Nothing too drastic biome-wise, though snow woudln't be the end of the world...I kinda like the look of the new snow biomes now that they're full of evergreens and such. Like I said above, messremb and I will probably start a couple of SP maps and choose the best as seed for the new MP world.

The idea of smaller plots is interesting. Keep the town little and neat until folks naturally want to start branching out from there. I dunno...probably will do something along the lines of the old town. 40x40ish plots....I dunno. Whatever peeps feel like doing when they first get on line.

And Messremb and me had a few PvP sessions with IC2 weapons - ie jetpacks and laser guns. SUPER FUN.

we have got to make an arena a feature of the new server. Hopefully one close to town. The only thing better than bashing creepers with wood swords is bashing each other!
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2876 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

I am looking forward to the full release and the server restart. I'm a little preoccupied with the end of the semester, and finding time in the late hours to play skyrim. I'll eventually get around to MC.

#2877 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

Anybody heard when the actual release time is tomorrow?

I'll try to be as prompt as possible with it. But I might not be around tomorrow night. Sat morning at the latest tho.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 17 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2878 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

I'll be around up to 2pm UK time and for a little while after 10pm. I'll PM you if it updates at those times and try to find a suitable seed, depending on the missus might even have time to get it up and running - I guess it'll be a case of zip the current world, delete folder, import new minecraft_server.jar then what? Not got a clue on generating a world via command line putty.

#2879 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

OK, guys, before you start the new world, try this (fun times)

1. Save the world file & back up in a secure location.
2. Load a copy of the world file
3. Go to the most densely populated area - probably the original spawn zone
4. Plant nukes everywhere possible, underground, etc.
5. Take a step back (ok, maybe 2) & build a tower to the sky
6. Turn up resolution to your game all the way (install 2nd video card if needed)
7. Press "Record" on some capture software that you computer geniuses already know and love
8. Detonate the world
9. Post on forum & YouTube for posterity (you might get famous)
10. Get rep from everyone
11. Smile and nod with self-congratulatory smugness
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2880 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

From http://minecon.mojang.com/about: "1 - 2:30 p.m. Keynote Address and Minecraft Launch with Notch (Mandalay Bay Ballroom A-G)" so seems a likely time. That's PST so convert to whatever is local.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users