• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2821 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:05 AM

One of my friends is trying to recreate some ancient wonders of the world in Minecraft.

Temple of Artemis at Ephesus:
Attached File  294135_2451298719101_1150982890_32870362_1541406524_n.jpg (25.96K)
Number of downloads: 2

And the as-yet-unfinished Hanging Gardens at Babylon:
Attached File  314021_2465908964348_1150982890_32882672_215637106_n.jpg (45.61K)
Number of downloads: 0

I think next he wants to tackle the tomb of Mausolus at Halicarnassus, the theatre at Epidaurus or the temple of Apollo at Delphi, and I know eventually he wants to tackle the Pharos lighthouse. Guy is crazy.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#2822 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

Dragons!

Posted Image

Posted Image

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2823 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

the dragons look sweet

they are going to be in the new air dimension, added in 1.9.

There is soooo much being added already. It's a whole new game for real.

I am currently sitting at somebody's tower. I followed a nether rail to its end (past somebody's portal along the way) and popped out on the 3rd floor of a light-house like structure.

Is this to be our adventure base? What has been discovered nearby? If I want to go looking for new things where should I go?

I have noticed the server is decidedly empty these days. Is everybody just pretty much holding off for 1.9 at this point? It's probably wise not to explore too awfully much. I would love to see a map of the explored regions near town if anybody is so inclined.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2824 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

That's my tower CF, you passed RLYs along the way to it. Use it as a base if you want, it's pretty secure. There's a big old cave and mine system underneath it that provided most of the nether rails, these underground systems are seriously huge. I've explored the land round it, there's some moderately sized islands and not much else. Pic of the region below.

Server emptiness seems to be the case at the moment, I do find myself seeing there is no-one else online from the multiplayer screen and playing SSP instead, the IndustrialCraft2 mod is just too strong a lure.

Posted Image
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2825 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

Here's a view of the town region, zoomed out a long way due to the size of the explored region. Red is new/old border.

Posted Image
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2826 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for the maps. Much appreciated.

I have started a poll thread RE the future of the server. Stupidly called MINECRAFT as well for the moment (I asked a mod to edit it for me). Please go in there and share your thoughts on the future of the server.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2827 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 10 October 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:

I have noticed the server is decidedly empty these days. Is everybody just pretty much holding off for 1.9 at this point? It's probably wise not to explore too awfully much. I would love to see a map of the explored regions near town if anybody is so inclined.

I haven't been on for a while, as I've been busy with other games when I get the time to play anything. The continual updates and texture pack patching, along with all the version updates have put me off for the moment. It would be nice to have a malazan server that we can log into, and I'm up for saving previous buildings where possible, but I'm not too bothered really either way.

EDIT Just voted for new world + mod. People can still build there if they don't want the industry, but it would be fun for those that do.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 12 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2828 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:22 AM

Luci and I moved house on the weekend and our internet isn't up yet, which is my excuse for not being on the server lately <_< I've had to resort to single player to stave off my Minecraft cravings!
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#2829 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

I don't want to start a project with the future of the server uncertain, and don't have as much motivation if there's no project to work on.
Error: Signature not valid

#2830 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

Ender dragon does not give a fuck

#2831 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

Attached File  Nuke.jpg (158.97K)

This is the product of one nuke with the Industrial Craft 2 mod.

Attached File  Nuke2.jpg (167.9K)

Edit: I blew this one up under ground.

This post has been edited by rhulad: 12 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

#2832 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, I had been planning on mentioning why we shouldn't use nuclear bombs and all reactors should be built on the condition they are either Type I or are shut down to cool before the owner leaves the server (you can leave it running fine so long as you are sure no-one else will be in the region, causing those chunks where the reactor is to get loaded by the server, allowing your reactor to run, overheat and explode). There is a reactor simulator at http://test.vendaria.net/index.php? - if the temp gets high enough nearby materials will melt/catch fire then a while after without cooling down it'll explode (10000 heat is I think explosion time).

I suggest you try and airburst explosion too, that rips the hell out of most stuff within visual range. Also few charges set off together will take it down to bedrock no problem. This is only really a creative problem though, the nuke recipe is "secret"

On the plus side though there is Industrial TNT that rips out rock and leaves the resources behind for you and the mining drills which are frankly awesome at saving time digging through miles of rock.

I've been through a backup on creative with IC2 installed to see how resistant peoples structures are - answer is not at all. The only places that even partially survived a blast were those too big to be taken out with a single charge. I read somewhere that a 4 thick wall of reinforced stone will help contain it, that'll be my next experiment I think. I know a 1 thick wall immediately around the charge will blow out on one side only, the West side it always seems to be, majorly reducing the damage to the surrounds. Any gap between the charge and the walls though and it rips them out. Obsidian is useless here.

#2833 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

Obsidian walls 2 deep should pretty much contain the explosion. I tried with three, and couldn't tell if it had even gone off until I dug into the bunker.

Edit: I just tested a 5x5x5 room with two blocks of reinforced stone surrounding it. The second layer survived perfectly intact, so this would probably be a pretty safe place for a reactor.

This post has been edited by rhulad: 13 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

#2834 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

We've been discussing this in the malaz server poll thread

The world file was backed up yesterday and is now available for anyone wanting to continue with it as a single-player game or wanting to host a parallel multiplayer game. We're looking at ways to host it and should have something figured out very soon.

Since the votes seemed to be swinging toward adding Industrialcraft 2 I went ahead and did so for a trial period on the existing world so folks can try out the new IC2 content without having to start from scratch.

We'll still reset everything after the full release, but this should at least give folks the opportunity to try the new content and decide once and for all whether we should keep it in our new world.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2835 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Anyone wanting a ready to run minecraft.jar file with IndustrialCraft2 all set up and working send me your email by PM and I'll send you the file - if not instructions are here: IC2 Forum

My Southern tower (nether town portal, take the new railway) has new terrain to the South and East a few minutes away. Not counting the island my tower is on however! RLYs new tower has new terrain nearby too, I'll update with where in a few hours.

#2836 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Darn it, Industrialcraft has been updataed to 1.22 from 1.15 and it seems the sevrers been updated too - I'm going to build a new client version and update the version I PM'd people.

#2837 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:40 AM

Yeah I finally replaced my minecraft .jar and have discovered the same thing.

Anyone know any good texture packs that accommodate IC? Or are we limited to the default?

#2838 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

Any texture packs should work fine round it, leaving you default IC look but everything else textured. I've not looked into support in themes, I'm sticking with Misa pack for now.

I have updated the file I sent the link to so anyone who needs to update just grab it again.

#2839 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

Finally!! Success!

I had to:
Download Messrembs new file as directed. Also, extract zip file to a folder named minecraft.jar
Then I had to update Java and it will only work from the launcher, not in browser
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2840 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

Ya, does not work in browser unfortunately. No matter.

My IC2 establishment is looking good. I'm already ruing the day we reset the server. So much work to get that shit established....oh well. All in good fun.

My drill platform is working well right now, but I've built a shaft down to the seabed so that I can start mining from down there. It's a little resource-inefficient to mine from the surface when the seabed is like 20 blocks below me. That's 20 blocks of wasted EUs since there are no minerals in that space. Plus a seabed mining complex just sounds sweet.

Oh, and thermal type generators are totally awesome. I've been going the thermal route rather than the renewable route for power generation...just for the hell of it.

Best thing to use: Geothermal.

Build empty cells from tin, get buckets of lava in a mine, fill the cells, pop em in the geothermal generator. As long as you have a good lava pool to draw from you can get a lot of power that way. About 20 is enough to fill an MFU battery....which is enough for days and days of macerating, electric furnacing and extracting. Unfortunately a single mine shaft with the auto-miner is enough to drain an MFU (with the diamond drill and OV scanner attached) so you end up going to the lava pool quite a bit. Attaching a pump to your miner filled with empty cells can net you some serious lava cells if you happen to hit a lava pool while mining, so it's worth the small extra energy cost of having one built and attached.

NExt best thing to use: Coal

Not straight up though - Macerate your coal first to make coal dust. Hydrate with a bucket of water, compress to hydrated coal chunk, Fill empty cells with hydrated coal chunks, put hydrated coal cells in the extractor, get coalfuel cells.

Now, make some empty fuel cans out of tin. Put fuel cans and coalfuel cells (6 per fuel can) into the canning machine. Get full fuel cannisters. Put cannisters in a standard generator (they convert to empty fuel cans). Each fuel can = 40,000 EUs....which is way more than the energy put into constructing them...and you can reuse the fuel cans (cells are consumed unfortunately). It's a little slow doing this with only one of each machine. The macerator and extractor take FOR EVER...so a second machine of each would probably solve the problem.

I hope they fix the canning machine in future releases. Full fuel cans do not stack so after one is produced, the machine stops....which means no bulk fuel can filling. Even if they could have them pop out into a nearby chest it would be perfect.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 24 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic