it works now.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1782 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hmm...strange.

The spawn has given more than one person trouble now with that door.

The spawn area shouldn't be editable by anyone but me so it's not surprising that you can't dig out any dirt, but it's very possible this is affecting the door too. I'll remove it and rework the spawn area. The fence was a quick fix idea but obviously isn't working that well.

Maybe best to scrap the fence in favour of a stone wall.

You know you can always exit via the skybridge now right?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1783 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

I too am now trapped between two doors at spawn that can't be opened and surrounded by invincible fences and dirt...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1784 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

View PostD, on 05 April 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

I too am now trapped between two doors at spawn that can't be opened and surrounded by invincible fences and dirt...

At the back of the little fortress where the fences zig-zag, you can demolish one fence and get free that way :)

#1785 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

I had lots of probs, couldn't open chests, got chased from spawn by invisible monsters, the world wouldn't load up and it wasn't fixed by logging - CF was going to reboot the server but I couldn't get back on after that, and didn't have time later to try.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1786 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

Uff. Nearly finished the first articifical terrace of my 'Himeji' project which basically boils down to digging away two complete hills, turn my own hill into a faux Japanese fortification, and surround it with a curtain wall and towers. It's going to be years before I am finished... this one took 3 days of sickness to complete.

#1787 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

I will get down to the spawn and fix the door situation. For now I'll demolish the door on the fort and put a few blocks inside the fence that allow folks to jump out.

I'm going to rework the whole area soon though...the fence was a temporary measure that doesn't really work obviously, due to trouble with the doors.

I am really not sure what's up with the lag problems. It's working generally ok for me, but I've had slow-to-open chests and respawning blocks as well. I log into the VPS the same as everybody else and don't get any kind of faster service by virtue of being the admin.

Game worked fine for me after the reboot last night, but I think it's a systematic thing that builds and builds over days and slowly eats up all the RAM on the server. I think it has something to do with save frequency. Slippery Jim had some kind of mod installed that dealt with the problem but I can't recall what it was called. I'll read up on it on the MC forums and see what I can do. For now, I'll restart the server 1x per day, which should clear the RAM and re-start the cycle.

Castle CF is looking great now. I gotta get out and see other folks' recent buildings too. Sounds like you were really going at it Tapper.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1788 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:43 PM

Everything is working good today, CF
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1789 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 06 April 2011 - 01:33 PM, said:

Sounds like you were really going at it Tapper.

Hehehe, it is a 20x20 six high block of dirt with a wall around it and with a watertower in the centre. So all in all, it was mostly digging I had to do. On paper, it was a 20 minute job, but I think I spent around 7 hours or so on just that one terrace.

#1790 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

oh snap. Big projects are awesome.

I gotta get over there and check it out.

Didn't get time to fix the spawn last night (sorry). Probably will have a few spare minutes tonight.

I was looking into server mods too yesterday counting down the last few minutes of the work day (hehe) and saw that there are a LOAD of cool one out there.

There's even a mod that allows you to designate a group of blocks as movable, so you can build a giant floating zeppelin, and then fly that fucker around the map. Of course this lags the world to pieces and isn't recomended, but I thought it was really neat.

There's a lot for moderator utility, like a special operator mining pick that deletes 20 squares radius at a time for fast deletion griefer construction.

No idea how to implement any of that yet, but I plan to look into it.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 07 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1791 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

View PostTapper, on 06 April 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

Uff. Nearly finished the first articifical terrace of my 'Himeji' project which basically boils down to digging away two complete hills, turn my own hill into a faux Japanese fortification, and surround it with a curtain wall and towers. It's going to be years before I am finished... this one took 3 days of sickness to complete.

I'm imagining it as one of the Japanese forts from Shogun 2. It will be awesome, even if it ends up looking only marginally close to what I hope it will ;) Where is this on the server?

#1792 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

View PostTrull, on 07 April 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 06 April 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

I'm imagining it as one of the Japanese forts from Shogun 2. It will be awesome, even if it ends up looking only marginally close to what I hope it will ;) Where is this on the server?

The Shogun's castle is indeed the plan for the finished article, aye.

Go from castle Apt to the world tree along the canal, then continue. You'll see a hill with a T on top at some point. It is to the right of said hill.

#1793 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

Alright then I'll go alookin' for that project tonight. I haven't been on MC in a bit; should be nice.

#1794 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:14 AM

Yo. Fixed the spawnskees.

There are no doors anymore and a monster proof (not spiders) platform to jump in and out.

So even if you spawn outside the fence, you can still get in and climb to the skybridge.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1795 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

http://www.escapistm...ng-All-Day-long

for y'all Minecraft maniacs.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#1796 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

Oh god. He added weather and statistics and achievements. I am a sucker for this stuff... Must... stay... strong.

#1797 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

You must return to the fold

#1798 User is offline   gunner507 

• Recruit

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

hello,

a friend of mine introduced me to this place to get the IP address for mincraft server? Is there a standard procedure for me to get the IP? or someone to talk to?

#1799 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:18 AM

Well, who are you and who are your friend(s)? We like to know who pops in so that we don't experience some terrible griefing incident-

#1800 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

here's something for you guys

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Gothos: 14 April 2011 - 06:45 AM

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

30 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users