• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1741 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 23 March 2011 - 12:17 PM, said:

I minecarted past your big box there last night HMQB. Looks cool. Did you have to fill in a bunch of ocean for that? Cos that's epic. I was on my way to Ygatan and fell off the stupid skybridge AGAIN. I still haven't toured ygatan cause I can't seem to get there without falling. The rail system to ygatan from the main area is totally fucked too...the boosters are all wrecked and there's big chunks missing from the tracks.

Took a few hours last night to creeper-proof the spawn and refill the chests there with some starter materials. I also built a direct link to the skybridge in case you spawn there at night.

I put lots of bows and arrows in there too so you can escape the spawn with your life over ground if you need to. That is more for new players though, so don't drain all the materials. It's a pain to fill up the chests.

Next time I'm getting to ygatan come hell or high water, or falls off the skybridge. I'm going to leave a couple of chests there full of Nether sand so you can catch it all on fire again. I'll throw a couple of blocks in the spawn too so folks can re-ignite their torches and fireplaces. Mods can spawn you blocks too if you need em.

Current moderators are:

Apt (kkjsorensen)
Me (cerveza_fiesta)
Traveller (MalazTraveller)
Hidden One (HiddenOne)
_____________ (Hermanbarman) - can never remember which malaz forum member that is.
Slippery Jim (SlipperyJim)

MEMEMEME!!!!
They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#1742 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

Right. You probably told me that a whopping 3 posts back.

Such is life with a terrible memory.

I gotta get over to check out your beach house & church. Didn't have time last night.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1743 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:00 AM

arh, Really wanna get mining and crafting on the server. but evil connection wont let me. i have to walk through a door 15 times before it realises what I did. and even then it'll just pop me back outside again.. oh well.. I'll just go offline mode and take screen shots and make pretend that im in the server.. :)

p.s A Pig just jumped over the fence in the spawn point starting area... not sure if thats also lag related?

This post has been edited by Sammehmander Rake: 24 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#1744 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

I managed to dig a narrow tunnel from the spawn to my dock without interfering with anyone elses stuff - although I did pass through a couple of cave systems. The entrance is up by the canal start. I might enlarge it at some point, but for now it's the quickest direct route back without any mob trouble.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1745 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

Too bad about your connection sammehmander.

For those involved with the Ygatan project, I filled 2 chests with netherrack at Ygatan for your to catch shit on fire with.

I somehow missed the giant collection of chests at the observation point while I was running for my life. I dove into a glass roofed house in the inner keep, built the chests and filled them there.

So...yea. You're good to go on that.

Finally got some inspiration on how to finish the upper walls of Castle CF too. Glad to finally figure that out.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1746 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

yah, Well I'll keep trying regularly, maybe one day it'll work fine. sometimes it works better than others. so we'll see.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#1747 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

As to stuff getting into / out of the spawn....pigs should not be able to get in. so it's probably a glitch. It's possible I need to push back the dirt a bit so they can't jump from higher ground. Will have a look next time I'm online.

Spiders can definitely climb fences though. That's why I put a roof on the spawn fort. The fence is mainly to keep out the creepers. Because we hateses the creeperses.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1748 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

Here we are with the Isometric images of the individual projects. Focus is mainly on the bigger ones, but if you would like a pic of the smaller projects just let me know. Borrowing CF's spoilericity. Sorry for the wait.

Drek and roomate's area
Spoiler

Coco, Apt, Jim, Morgoth(?), among others
Spoiler

hmqb's square and malaz city (by I-forget-who)
Spoiler

HiddenOne, and a few of Traveller's projects
Spoiler

CF castle, the church (I forget who made that), Pathfinder/Jartrich's pyramid, My little abode and boat, that weird square structure thing that is set to kill someone via ingenious trap mechanism, among others.
Spoiler

Ruins of Y'ghatan + sand, I have to include the sand because it is an artificial desert (so much work put into it). Made by a collection of people, off the top of my head there's Jart, Morik, hmqb, and myself, among others. Sidenote: the river running around the right of the picture is also man-made.
Spoiler

#1749 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

Bent started and never finished malaz isle. Sheve is the creator of the big church.

I'm surprised nobody has taken the spot across the bay from Apt & Morgoth's and to the south of HO's castle. Primo location there.

Last time I was on I discovered the pure joy of minecart boosters. Fun stuff that. In building the terminal at Moon Spawn somehow a creeper spontaneously detonated in the bottom of MS and blew a big hole in it. He was nowhere near me though so it was strange. It is going to be a massive pain to fix now. Luckily he didn't damage anything to do with the lava fall. That thing would be hellishly hard to fix at this point.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1750 User is offline   Korabas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

This post has been edited by Korabas: 28 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

#1751 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Totally unplayable for me at the moment. The lag is awful, and random glitches keep sending me back to the spawn.

I've just tried to get to my place through the tunnel from the spawn, and it was loading chunks as i moved... I am having to wait for a minute or so for a chunk of about 10 squares to load. Then after walking for a while, I get glitched back to a place I'd been 5 minutes before.

Having taken about 10 minutes to get where I wanted to be (usually takes 2) I got inside, and started getting attacked by an invisible mob. I couldn't access anything due to lag, and then for some reason... a burning sheep appeared.
I then got killed by the invisible mob; so back to the spawn. Again. Getting tired of it now.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 28 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1752 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

Rebooting the server and starting MC again within 5 minutes. Hold tight.

Could be high traffic on the server, but also could be your connection. Reset yours and try again. If not then you probably just have to wait it out. I updated the software earlier today.

EDIT

ok good to go.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 29 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1753 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 28 March 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

I'm surprised nobody has taken the spot across the bay from Apt & Morgoth's and to the south of HO's castle. Primo location there.

In some countries it's considered impolite to set up residence in your neighbor's front yard.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1754 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

View PostHiddenOne, on 29 March 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

In some countries it's considered impolite to set up residence in your neighbor's front yard.

^ This. There's a whole world of nice open spaces, in an enormous (infinite?) world. Why build within a stones throw of 3 other people? (especially as a there's a lot of stuff expanding out below ground).

No comment at all about the little building that I just noticed has been built near my ruins :)

#1755 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

It seems that the next update will include the ability to move your spawn point - this should encourage expansion a bit, assuming it works for SMP!
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1756 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

@ Traveller

Yeah, front yard argument is valid. I kind of like the crowdedness of the region around the spawn though. It's neat to have so many cool structures in sight simultaneously. I kind of think of that area as the city centre where all the prime skyscraper development happens.

@ moving spawn location,

I'll read up on the documentation when the patch comes out and look into it.

Any place in particular folks are interested in moving it?

I was thinking a nearby landmass so that folks can still get home over the ocean but we're far enough away that you can't see any features of the original spawn region.

Alternately, I could make it a secret location at some reasonable distance from the main area with no spawn castle and no resources onsite for getting started. That way, if you get dead, you're teleported to a new region of the world and will have to work to get home.

Could also make a new spawn area somewhere not-so-secret and make a collective, cooperative development on the site rather than each person grabbing a new area.

Just trying to think of things that will make a new spawn point more than just a pain in the ass.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1757 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

View PostTraveller, on 30 March 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

View PostHiddenOne, on 29 March 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

^ This. There's a whole world of nice open spaces, in an enormous (infinite?) world. Why build within a stones throw of 3 other people? (especially as a there's a lot of stuff expanding out below ground).

No comment at all about the little building that I just noticed has been built near my ruins :)

Was it me? I'll sure raze it to the ground if I encroached. I usually mark my huts. Are your ruins toward the sea, because I never venture that way because of boat failure

@ CF - Won't moving spawn suck for those of us near there, accustomed to it etc? Compass reference, arrggh
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1758 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

@HO

Yeah, that's kind of the point.

Throw some spice into it. If you die, you get plopped in another region and have to make your way back somehow. Teh suck if you're doing a lot of dungeon delving, but might be a nice break from constant building.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1759 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

The spawn point should be at the top of a giant rollercoaster which passes around all our best creations in the main area as it passes towards the ground. And of course a chest full of free minecarts at the top.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1760 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 30 March 2011 - 02:15 PM, said:

@HO

Yeah, that's kind of the point.

Throw some spice into it. If you die, you get plopped in another region and have to make your way back somehow. Teh suck if you're doing a lot of dungeon delving, but might be a nice break from constant building.

I do more exploring than building, but I will go along w/ everybody - Day 1 I'll build the hut and fill the chests.

@Drek - Build that thing, I'll ride it

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 30 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users