• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1601 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

View PostGreen Pig, on 13 February 2011 - 12:50 PM, said:

Does anyone know how much grass there has to be before mobs start spawning? I'm creating an indoor garden, however it's full of cattle, which is rather undesirable. I could cut down on the amount of grass I'm using but I don't know if they'd just spawn anyway.

I had mobs all over an indoor garden, until I got fed up, cobbled it all over and fenced in some grass as an enclosure. Nothing has spawned in it since!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1602 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

View PostFirst Tiger, on 13 February 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Does anyone know how much grass there has to be before mobs start spawning? I'm creating an indoor garden, however it's full of cattle, which is rather undesirable. I could cut down on the amount of grass I'm using but I don't know if they'd just spawn anyway.

I had mobs all over an indoor garden, until I got fed up, cobbled it all over and fenced in some grass as an enclosure. Nothing has spawned in it since!

I may just put up a sign saying 'BEWARE OF THE CATTLE', however I am occasionally finding cows in my library on the floor below, which is kind of annoying.

Also, I'm constructing a sphere by using the chart of circles (not the sphere building tool); I have a feeling it's not going to turn out quite as I'm hoping, so could someone very quickly run through how to build a sphere with that circle chart, please, just so I can make sure what I'm doing is correct?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 13 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1603 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

View PostGreen Pig, on 13 February 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

View PostFirst Tiger, on 13 February 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

I may just put up a sign saying 'BEWARE OF THE CATTLE', however I am occasionally finding cows in my library on the floor below, which is kind of annoying.

Also, I'm constructing a sphere by using the chart of circles (not the sphere building tool); I have a feeling it's not going to turn out quite as I'm hoping, so could someone very quickly run through how to build a sphere with that circle chart, please, just so I can make sure what I'm doing is correct?

Thanks.

I suggest using the program Perfect Sphere. It'll generate blueprints for each 1-block height of the sphere. For an actual perfect sphere (and not an ellipsoid) just set all the diamaters to the desired diameter.

This post has been edited by D'rek: 13 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1604 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

Perfect -- thanks!

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1605 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:45 AM

I did the stupidest thing today... I was supposed to do a lot of homework today, so I strictly told myself NO MINECRAFT, knowing that a minute of it will become the whole day. So, during lunch I wanted to take a little break, and decided to adhere to my no-MC rule and instead start up a new MC character skin instead, with every intention of leaving it unfinished and returning to homework...

...and now I look up to see it's midnight, but at least the completed half or so of my new character skin is mediocre...? :(

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1606 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

On my friend's multiplayer server, after the big patch I wanted to find some Lapis Lazuli, and so that meant wandering far enough to spawn new chunks that would contain it. Anyhow, it's retardedly far from the spawn (where my base and most of the construction is), and the overland journey takes long enough that I can't quite make it in one (safe, daylit) day. So I did the logical thing, and dug a tunnel ALL THE WAY THERE. It took me 2+ diamond picks to make, and the walk is about 12 minutes.

Time to mine myself some 1500+ iron to turn it into a railway!
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1607 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

Minecraft has been lagging so much recently that I can't actually play after about five minutes. My fan is going crazy right now. When it calms down, I'll show you my finished project.

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 14 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

#1608 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

OK, seriously, I'm getting so much lag that I can't actually play and when I pause the game it takes about 10 minutes to finish saving. I have a couple of portals open and have a feeling that that might be the cause of it, but does anyone else know whether open portals can be connected to increased lag?

This post has been edited by Green Pig: 15 February 2011 - 11:36 AM

#1609 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

That may very well be the case. I get no lag whatsoever, though that may be because of my surroundings (out in the middle of nowhere).

#1610 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

I closed all my portals but i'm still lagging. :( Something is very odd at the moment.

#1611 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

So yeah, after following my compass from a portal on the other side of the world, I finally spot my destination looming in the distance. Now that my portals are deactivated, there's no way inside, which could be an issue, however I've just had a rather cool plan if the lag problem will even let me try it. Honestly, it becomes unplayable after about 2 minutes of the world being loaded.

Attached File  tower.png (204.7K)
Number of downloads: 0

#1612 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 14 February 2011 - 08:47 AM, said:

On my friend's multiplayer server, after the big patch I wanted to find some Lapis Lazuli, and so that meant wandering far enough to spawn new chunks that would contain it. Anyhow, it's retardedly far from the spawn (where my base and most of the construction is), and the overland journey takes long enough that I can't quite make it in one (safe, daylit) day. So I did the logical thing, and dug a tunnel ALL THE WAY THERE. It took me 2+ diamond picks to make, and the walk is about 12 minutes.

Time to mine myself some 1500+ iron to turn it into a railway!

If you go to the castle on CF mountain (the one connected to Moon spawn by an aqueduct) I have 2.5 stacks of minecart tracks there and some iron ore in one of the chests. Take er all if you want it.

Oh, and I was out to D'rek's place last week. holy shit man. Seriously holy shit.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1613 User is offline   hmqb 

• The Abyssmal Army's Official Cult Expert and Brainwasher
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

Hey guys, I haven't really been on our server much due to me finding a sweet multiplayer server. Unlike a few I've tried this one actually has pvp and nations and stuff its loads of fun, and Im even thinking about starting a nation in it.
Well anyways read about it here http://www.minecraft...f=1025&t=111340 I'd like to show this server around because its quite good :Brood:
-

#1614 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:03 AM

HMQB, that server sounds pretty complicated from what I have read. Was it hard to get into (both in terms of getting the IP and actually understanding what the hell was going on)?

edit: also, I'm not looking to pay 60$ for full experience.

This post has been edited by Trull's son: 21 February 2011 - 02:09 AM

#1615 User is offline   hmqb 

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:42 AM

Oh its not that bad. Getting the ip is pretty simple its www.minecraftnations.com and it does take a little while to understand whats happening but usually the people of the nation you join will be cool.

The thing also with the money is your not really excepted to pay all that it was just the thing that all of the old members that payed for premium got. I mean I guess its not for everyone but I really like the server and i would definetly start if i was trying it at free to play. I just wanted to see if any of you guys wanted to play im not trying to force you on so whatever you do is all good :admin:
-

#1616 User is offline   hmqb 

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:11 AM

Oh hey also I was showing someone the server today and they loved it good job guys :admin:
-

#1617 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

Not the same server CF, but no problem. Thanks though.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1618 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

I heard some comments about turning on PVP. I think I can do that on our server pretty easily. Anybody game?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1619 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:22 AM

yes sir i'm all in for PVP

#1620 User is offline   Beezulbubba