• You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1241 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

I died upon spawning... gross.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1242 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

Finally my internet is back up and working.

Please be calm, I am among you again, I know I was sorely missed

I had no idea that Notch finally fixed Server health, this is the best thing ever to hear coming back online.

I would like it if Monster spawning could be turned on ASAP. This talk of "not being ready" for monster spawning is silly. You will never be ready for the monsters. That is what is such fun, they sneak up on you when you least expect it. They come out of that little unlit corner in the back of your house and blow up you stash of diamonds.

As Morgoth said, if you don't want monsters in and around your work area, just spam the area with torches in a big circle around it. If you place enough torches, you'll hardly ever encounter them again.

Personally, it has been the lack of danger that took away some of the fun of playing the game.

EDIT: I take back what I said. There's some big bugs surrounding monsters and dying right now, so monsters might suck more than necessary.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 24 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

#1243 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

I died instantly upon spawning, losing a full set of diamond tools, a stash of diamonds i worked DAYS to gather, and a whole load of other items. That is B.S.

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1244 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 24 November 2010 - 04:58 PM, said:

I died instantly upon spawning, losing a full set of diamond tools, a stash of diamonds i worked DAYS to gather, and a whole load of other items. That is B.S.

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Yeah, it seemed fall-damagey to me, like I spawned at the top of the world and dropped to where I disconnected. So from now on I'm going into the ocean before disconnecting every time!

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1245 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

The friendly mods will cheerfully replace any legitimate claims for lost items due to bugs. That means Apt as I don't get much time at the moment. :)

Jim

#1246 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for updating and maintaining once again Jim.

If monster killing is as buggy as animal killing, keep em off for now. Nothing worse than being chased by a creeper you can't kill.

And GP, start setting torches if you're not ready.

Also, boats still do not work right....which has prevented me from visiting anyone. I travel exclusively by yacht these days.

I know Moon Spawn is very dark, but that's the idea.

The walkway up to the floating tower will be fenced in before too long, so you'll be safe from the doorway up to the tower...except for arrows, so you gotta run. The innards of the tower have been a work in progress up to now and I'm still trying to decide what to do with it all. The main room at the entry will be permanently dark except for the lava glow, but farther up I'll have some more neato stuff going on, and it will be well lit.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1247 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

View PostSlippery Jim, on 24 November 2010 - 06:32 PM, said:

The friendly mods will cheerfully replace any legitimate claims for lost items due to bugs. That means Apt as I don't get much time at the moment. :)

Jim

Yes, Apt has kindly replaced my precious..., I mean, diamond tools so the rest is just a casualty.

@D'rek - I was at the bottom of the world 8 blocks above bedrock. My first look was the red of death.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1248 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:03 PM

Not ready for monster? I was born ready. When can we begin building a pvp area? It would be nice to throw in an arena like building, or a battlefield.

#1249 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

View PostTrull, on 24 November 2010 - 10:03 PM, said:

Not ready for monster? I was born ready. When can we begin building a pvp area? It would be nice to throw in an arena like building, or a battlefield.

Whatever the Seguleh use, so must you.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#1250 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

I've been thinking it would be fun to build a giant Spleef arena

#1251 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

View PostAptorian, on 25 November 2010 - 08:35 AM, said:

I've been thinking it would be fun to build a giant Spleef arena

I think we should have just one enormous colliseum for anything from spleef, to PvP duels, to capture-the-obsidian, etc. Can we move the spawn point? I think ideally we'd want to be able to have players respawn in a long corridor that leads to the colliseum interior so they can get back into the game after a short time of dying (if the current game uses such a mechanic). The current spawn is pretty much surrounded so I don't think we can use that area. The island to the northwest of the main zone doesn't have anything yet and could be a good spot for the colliseum.

#1252 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

I have been constructing a massive underground dome beneath moon spawn. I have a significant portion of it already excavated....probably about 2/3 of a 45 block diameter cylinder on its side that's roughly 60-70 blocks long.
It's not far from the spawn point either and we could easily put a minecart track from the spawn leading down there so you could quickly return.

I was going to make it an underground biodome thing, but an arena is a way nobler end-use.

What you guys think?

OR

Wait until we get the nether working for SMP and make the arena in the nether with a slipgate near the spawn.

AND

So that you have "random arena spawn points" have the minecart track leading from the spawn point make a full circle of the arena, outside the arena walls and have access points along the track periodically. The player entering the arena can choose at which point he wants to jump off the minecart and enter the arena.

Not really a random arena spawn, but at least unpredictable for others indside.

EDIT - I am just full of good ideas today

EDIT EDIT - And at the end of the big circular mineccart track, have it leave off into a lava pit. Then all the carts coming down will get incinerated and not clog things up.

EDIT EDIT EDIT - BEst idea yet....have the entire floor of the arena be hollow underneath like the Azath so that monsters spawn down there. Then have openable access ports to the sub-floor so you can inject monsters into the arena fray periodically. Or better yet, have monster spawning caves around the outside with waterfalls to carry them out onto the arena floor, so they pop out unpredictably.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 25 November 2010 - 06:53 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1253 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

@CF - you are out of control, make that your last pot of coffee

All good ideas. I approve.

#1254 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:29 PM

Had another arena-related idea.

Is it possible to make the arena non-destructible like the immediate surrounds of the spawn?

It might be good to protect the terrain to avoid having to rebuild too much after each match. You could even build the floor out of obsidian and say everything aside from that is fair game for reckless destruction. That way if TNT enters the fray we don't have to fill in quite as many sinkholes.

I can see a cool match in "breach the fortress" where 2 teams have 15mins to build their impenetrable fortress and place a block of obsidian inside. Then the 2 teams go at it and try to get the others' obsidian block.

Or a Seiging Army / Defending Army scenario could be cool, where the players can build siege artillery out of TNT.

And have a few chests for each team full of mod-spawned arrows, minecarts, steel swords and bows right at the spawn so that when you return to the arena, you're not empty handed.

This could be so magnificent.

I see room for several other cool scenarios, like
  • small team with high ground advantage vs large team with low ground
  • Swords and bows-only free for all
  • No-respawn deathmatch
  • Forested arena with bows only and no heath refueling (just like paintball)
  • Protect the VIP from bandits on a run through the forested arena
Can't wait to get started on this project. You guys want to use my underground dome for the first arena space? It would be easy to make the obsidian floor with buckets of lava...just create a 1 layer-deep pool of lava at the bottom of the dome and flood it. Alternatively, since that room is so deep underground, we could just use the bedrock as the arena's bottom.

AND IT IS CALLED THE SPAWN-DOME
in honour of the floating behemoth on the surface above.

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1255 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

Server backed up and updated.

Jim

#1256 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

merci.

When you coming back to the world Jim? Your tower stands deserted!

EDIT...oh fuck...the world reset itself by a few days...I did an ass load of work and it all just got deleted. Fuck fuck fuck.
Yay alpha.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 26 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1257 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

I'll be back when RL calms down a bit :)

I backed up the server data but this looks like an alpha issue :D

Jim

#1258 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

Crappy....

It looks like about a week's worth of RL time was reset for me...will have to claim a few things from the Apt next time he's on.

Which means Apt probably lost a week on his sea dome....this is crappy.

No reflection on you at all Jim...I know it's not you....just generally sucks.

No way to revert to the last version of the server just to give opportunity to get back stuff from chests that got deleted?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1259 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

reset? My stuff was exactly as I left it.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1260 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

@CF - You got me worried for naught, thankfully. Now I have to try to find that mine i had just uncovered...

If Jim turns back the clock, what will it do to everybody else?

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

26 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users