• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1041 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

YES - Is it just me or is activity dropping on the MC forum ?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1042 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

Certainly not a lot being said in the thread right now. But I'm still logging on in lots of my spare time and I see plenty of other people online.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1043 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

Yeah, also it's not always that chatty ingame.

Because you don't play log in to Minecraft to play casually, you log in to obsess over whatever you're doing.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1044 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:49 AM

very true.

i was on for about 3 hours last night working on my tower of Babel (decided to name it that. What of it? it suits, as it is going up to heaven, and i'm eventually going to expand it down to bedrock, or as near as i can manage)
meh. Link was dead :(

#1045 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

View PostCocoreturns, on 06 November 2010 - 08:49 AM, said:

very true.

i was on for about 3 hours last night working on my tower of Babel (decided to name it that. What of it? it suits, as it is going up to heaven, and i'm eventually going to expand it down to bedrock, or as near as i can manage)

Pfft, copycat.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1046 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

View PostCocoreturns, on 06 November 2010 - 08:49 AM, said:

very true.

More like block of babel.

#1047 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

well i havent had much free time lately but finished my spawn point... i think... currently just deciding what to do with project off to the top right... was thinking of a mega beacon tower so i know where it is but now am not sure... hmmm

Attached File(s)

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#1048 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

What's that large pyramid thing?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1049 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

It's a ziggy!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#1050 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:58 AM

Whose explored the furthest in MP? How far do you have to go to find new biomes? So far the only different thing I've found was a pumpkin, and a big pile of clay on a beach.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 09 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1051 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

View PostGreen Pig, on 07 November 2010 - 10:22 PM, said:

What's that large pyramid thing?

not too sure yet! i only intended to do the top few layers with a huge beacon on top so i could see my spawn from afar when i go exploring!

but i kind of got carried away with my shovel and an hour later it turned into how it appears now...and now i am debating what to do with it lol!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#1052 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

Is anyone else having problems getting texture packs to work with the game?

I've tried Frendens, Painterly, Zelda, none of them will load properly.

#1053 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

@ Traveler

I have been on an extensive scouting mission roughly to the South West from the spawn. I wanted to look for new biomes and found them in droves. You actually don't need to go too awfully far to find them. Found swamps, snowy areas and sand dune deserts, multiple times over.

I traveled in that direction roughly 30 minutes. The distances are way too far in happy world, so we're definitely going to have to wait for multiplayer hell to be connected to some of them.

The closest biome I can think of is due east of the canal terminal near your place. Go into the sea there and head east, you'll find a snow biome before too long IIRC. I put a big lighthouse on top of a super high mountain up there, which you will find if you follow the coast in that direction.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 08 November 2010 - 01:50 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1054 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

Cheers Cf, I'll have another roam about at some point - I wish we had a compass that actually pointed north though. @Apt - Painterly has been updated, and I've got it to work fine in MP - only problem is that any Minecraft updates revert it to native, so it needs reinstalling, but that only takes a couple of minutes. (there's a load more options for the new biomes on there too now) Looks way better than native imo; all that pale timber looks flimsy compared to the dark wood, and the dark greens on the grass and reeds is a vast improvement. I've got 'duckhunt' style ducks instead of chickens now, which makes me want to kill them (slightly) less. The diamond shards look good too, and the circular sun and moon are definitely better.

I did a screen save when the sea glitched... these are the tunnels under Moons Spawn..

Attached File  minecraftpic.jpg (111.24K)
Number of downloads: 0

..and this is a view of the Azath from Moons Spawn - awesome.

Attached File  minecraftpic1.jpg (122.47K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by Traveller: 08 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1055 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

View PostTraveller, on 08 November 2010 - 08:58 AM, said:

Whose is the giant wooden apartment block ... tower?

Whose explored the furthest in MP? How far do you have to go to find new biomes? So far the only different thing I've found was a pumpkin, and a big pile of clay on a beach.

If you go straight in one direction from Kanubis' giant castle (it was either east or south but I can't remember which, I think south), you'll find a small area that was explored all around with a little unexplored gap in the middle that got turned into a tundra or taiga, with a big iced sea. Funny this is the unexplored bit was previously part of a mountain, so now there is a mountain with a big slice in it that drops down to an ice sea (because the sea has to be at sea level of course). It's the coolest one I've seen so far, though the enormous tundra far to the southeast of my tower is pretty awesome too.

#1056 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:45 AM

cba to read the thread to check if it's been posted, but here's a digital screen machine that counts from 0 to 9:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#1057 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

I have decided to abandon the Azath for a while since I am uninspired.

Instead I am going to begin a ridiculously big Sphere project out in the sea close to my mountain. It's going to have a 60 block radius, so, it is going to scrape the ceiling and come close to bedrock.

I do not want to consider how much sand I am going to need for this.

#1058 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

View PostAptorian, on 09 November 2010 - 10:50 AM, said:

I have decided to abandon the Azath for a while since I am uninspired.

Instead I am going to begin a ridiculously big Sphere project out in the sea close to my mountain. It's going to have a 60 block radius, so, it is going to scrape the ceiling and come close to bedrock.

I do not want to consider how much sand I am going to need for this.

Absolutely tons of it, as my 38-radius tower has proven, and there really is no other way to clear all that damn water except for placing lava blocks to turn it to obsidian (so if you want to make the sphere out of obsidian, yay, but the rest of it will be really hard! Of course you can clear it in increments and dig up all the sand within the cleared area and re-use it. One trick that saves a bit of time and effort is dropping the sand/gravel in parallel lines with single lines of water between. Then start at one end of a line of water and go down the line dropping gravel/sand in each of the top-most water spots. The bit of lag on the server means the sand/gravel occupies the water block's place and deletes in, then drops and fills a spot on the bottom too. Then do the same to the level of water below (now the top-most) and so-on until you reach the gravel that has dropped. If you're doing it right and repeat it a billion times the whole water clearing process should take roughly 3/4 the amount of sand/gravel placements to eliminate.

And if you think the Azath has uninspired you... well I have half my water cleared and seem to rathe fill columns of obsidian than start on the other half...

#1059 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:05 PM

You mean cobble stone, not Obsidian right? Lave dropped into water should not creating Obsidian.

Also, have you tried getting Jim to spawn a brimstone block for you? I saw a picture of a brimstone block set on fire on the sea bottom. The water above it was destroyed, How ever I don't know if the free space it created above it self was all the way up a or just a few blocks.

Anyway, the sea is not THAT deep in my area. At most ten blocks I think.

But yeah, lots and lots of sand.

#1060 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

No I mean obsidian. If you are underwater and place a lava block where there is already a water source block, it makes an obsidian block. If you pour lava from above the water into it it will descend straight down and when it spreads sideways after hitting a solid block it'll make cobblestone where it spreads sideways.

That brimstone is an interesting idea, I might try it out in SP to see if it works at depth.

edit: nope, the water puts out the fire.

This post has been edited by D'rek: 10 November 2010 - 04:51 AM

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

26 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users