Malazan Empire: New to Malazan... want the right covers.... - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New to Malazan... want the right covers.... Need help finding UK Trade Paperbacks

#1 User is offline   silentstoner 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

Hello all,

New to the forums, new to Malazan. I just bought Gardens of the Moon and am really enjoying it so far!!!

I'm a little OCD, and want to have the books line up and I prefer trade paperbacks over mass market paperbacks (my GotM is the rereleased US trade pb) I really like the UK covers the best, especially compared to the awful US ones.

What are the chances on getting these in the US for decent (under $30 US) apiece? What sites does everyone recommend I check.

I understand that there aren't new copies of these available, maybe I'm wrong. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

-SS

This post has been edited by silentstoner: 24 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

You can't really attach a document to a post I think. You need to upload it somewhere else, some file hosting site, and link to it.

That or upload the images to a image sharing site. Like imgur.com.

#3 User is offline   silentstoner 

• Recruit

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

View PostAptorian, on 24 August 2010 - 04:28 PM, said:

You can't really attach a document to a post I think. You need to upload it somewhere else, some file hosting site, and link to it.

That or upload the images to a image sharing site. Like imgur.com.

Yeah it has a 2MB limit, and the doc is 2.5 MB :-p

I edited the original post to remove that language. I'll host it somewhere like you suggested and update accordingly.

#4 User is offline   Findarato 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:wildlife, nature, reading, hiking, keeping mantids

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

try ebay, and look for UK sellers. MMP's are not expensive anyway.
I used ebay to get all my hardcovers, and if you are patient you should find what you look for.

#5 User is offline   NikitaDarkstar 

• Lieutenant

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

Try amazon.co.uk it's the Brittish amazon, they might have them. (Wouldn't be the first time .co.uk has something .com doesn't or vice versa.)

Did a quick search there, and it does look like they have both the US and the UK versions. http://www.amazon.co...Erikson&x=0&y=0

This post has been edited by NikitaDarkstar: 24 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

Sanity is nothing more than an excuse for being boring.

#6 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

View PostFindarato, on 24 August 2010 - 05:10 PM, said:

MMP's are not expensive anyway.

He doesn't want MMPBs. He wants TPBs.

I'd try Amazon.co.uk. Amazon.ca is also an option.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#7 User is offline   silentstoner 

• Recruit

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I've checked with a company called Abebooks (http://www.abebooks.com/).

Has anybody used / would recommend them??

#8 User is offline   Findarato 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:wildlife, nature, reading, hiking, keeping mantids

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:03 PM

I have, and also biblio.com for used books. I usually found what I wanted there.

sorry, misread your post (about the format of the books you want). still on ebay you find all kinds of SE's books.

#9 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

Your best bet is to track down the ISBNs for the Bantam TPBs (via Amazon, SE's site, or Bantam/Transworld's site and use those when searching.

View Postsilentstoner, on 24 August 2010 - 08:23 PM, said:

Thanks for all the responses. I've checked with a company called Abebooks (http://www.abebooks.com/).

Has anybody used / would recommend them??

I've purchased from AbeBooks a number of times, and I'd do so again. You can often find cheap books or hard-to-find books there. But I prefer eBay when I have the choice; AbeBooks sellers almost always use stock photos--if they use a photo at all--so you have no idea what the actual condition of the book is like, apart from some standard condition descriptions. There's also not a feedback system in place like eBay has. Still, it's absolutely worth looking into.

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 25 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users