#41 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image

View Postmasan, on 25 July 2010 - 11:02 PM, said:

Awesome stuff as ever Onrack.

But I want MOAR !

Hows about that Sorry/Not Apsalar with Telorast and Curdle pic you were doing.

Your demanding public awaits :D

cheers dude and just for having one of the most interesting and thought provoking reflections of the late 80's to the early 90's in you avatar....
the apsalar/sorry/cottilion/NOT!apsalar picture, I'm in a bit of a pickle about the anatomy of the picture I want her to look lithe and athletic but also want to give her forward momentum the result of which involves foreshortening the body making her look dumpy, that's just one of the many reasons why it hast been finished a long time ago but heres what I got so far. critique more than welcome.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Can't believe I missed your response, sorry mate.

I see what you mean about the anatomy, getting some forward motion gives her larger thighs ( nothing wrong with that !) and cramps her up a bit. To be brutally honest the original sketch is still the place to start, particularly her head/face where you have captured her youth, beauty and badassery. Her head is straight on, as opposed to the side in the next 2 pics and she is looking up through her hair. This to me gives the impression of forward momentum, combined with the fact that her right shoulder is also dipped. I think having Telorast and Curdle in the foreground also helps as in the sketch they add to the sense of forward momentum.

Also, the lack of a guy with comedy dead eyes and a sword in his head means the other 2 pics fail totally.:p

What the fuck do I know, I can't draw/paint for shit. However you end up finishing the pic i'm sure it will be another masterpiece worthy of the homepage. :p
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#42 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

My feeling is that the forward momentum is slightly detracted from by the prominence of her left foot. It seems bigger than it would actually be were she in motion towards us. But like other posters, I prefer the sketch, particularly the face.
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#43 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

View PostAbyss, on 26 July 2010 - 04:44 AM, said:

brilliant work.
You must needs do one of these for DG and especially MT!!!!

Hetan - can these be split up into individual heads for the rotating pics on the webpage?

Hmm.. good idea - not sure if the resolution/size would be up to it though?
I'll have a play with some at the weekend and see what they look like.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#44 User is offline   rondel 

• Recruit

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE SO MUCH. I can't believe you actually took the time to draw out every single one of 'em! Cheers dude. xD There were some that I disagreed with (I saw Sorry as more expressionless, and Paran with a smoother face, and a couple others) but you captured most of their personalities really well. Especially Mammot. Wewt. :D

Anyway regarding the latest Apsalar one, I hope you don't mind, but to avoid a long crit I did a quick redline of your sketch that corrects some anatomy issues I saw. Mostly proportional, and repositioned her arms so they look more natural + legs.

Posted Image

Hope it helps.
(love Curdle & Telorast skittering at her feet heheheh)

This post has been edited by rondel: 11 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

#45 User is offline   Thordin 

• Recruit

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

Your work is as always a wonderful thing to see, even if it does make me a little envious of your obvious talent, great job.

#46 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

This is absolutely awesome, but I must admit, your rendition of Kallor looks much different than what I had pictured. Otherwise, pure awesomeness!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#47 User is offline   HungLikePung 

• Recruit
  • First in, Last out

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

Very nice drawings. Captured a couple of my favourites almost exactly as I had imagined them!

#48 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

I die a little inside everytime I see your stuff...it's like an overdose of awesome!

I particularly love your sketches, that concept-art style is just so ridiculously cool *sighs* I think Fiddler, Kalam,Whiskeyjack and Quick are my favourites, because they look the most like I picture them :blink:
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#49 User is offline   Solo 

• Recruit

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

Fantastic! specially Wiskeyjack, but i'll swap Dujeck for Bellurdan. Maybe Challice should look younger, and Lorn look like Laseen, cause Lorn was described as look-alike to ther. can U include Hairlock and maybe the hounds?

This post has been edited by Solo: 22 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

#50 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

Onrack, I've cropped out your (awesome) portrait of Quick to use as my avatar for the duration of the Cage Match final. Hope that's cool with you. If not, drop me a PM and I'm happy to swap it out. Posted Image

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users