Malazan Empire: Malaz All Stars NFL Draft! - Malazan Empire

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malaz All Stars NFL Draft! Fantasy draft! YEA BOI!!!

#321 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

• Baconator of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

i made a hand written spreadsheet kind of writting out what positions everyone took. I also was able to prett much tell what site everyone was using for player rankings lol. it was interesting to see i think only me and SB went RB, RB, while everyone else took a combo of positions. i think tb's strategy seemed to work pretty good, she s got descent RB's for picking them as late as she did and has pretty much #1's at everyother position,or the players she thought were number one and she wanted, shes gonna be scary to go up against during the course of the season.

there were quite a few top ranked players that i stayed away from, and let everyone else have them haha.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

The Man, The Myth, The Manning

#322 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

I think Slum has the strongest team overall. If everyone performs as expected (obviously this is unlikely to happen), he should win, barring freak matchup results...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#323 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

Yeah, I didn't take Fitzgerald because I'm scared of the Cards QB situation. Gotta admit, I didn't know Steve Smith was hurt. Eh, oh well. Go all-potential team!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#324 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

hmm im about to write what i think of everyones teams but i dont think slums is the best, its good, but his having winslow as TE doesnt work for me.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

#325 User is offline   Flashwit 

• Studded Student Stud of the Abyssmal Army
  • Interests:Football, lacrosse, jeet kun do, kali, jiu jitsu, reading, call of duty. FAST CARS.... who said these things cant go together?

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

yeah thanks TB for everything! and kill the king i shall, i haven't really paid attention to anyone else either except to curse them with black magic when they took a player i wanted.
"The world, someone once said, gives back what is given. In abundance. But then, as I would point out, someone was always saying something. Until i get fed up and have them executed." Kallor

"no im not a crazed gunman dad im an assassin, well the difference bein one is a job and one is a mental sickness!"

#326 User is offline   KalamMekhar 

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

brood - i like your QB and RB situation, but the only thing i would say is your WR is a little scary, as in weak, i would have stayed away form amrshall personally as he is in a run first offense now and behind a ok QB.

HD - like indy much? that may backfire during that bye week if you have more players with the same bye week as indy. i would have stayed awy from gonzalez personally, hes not gonna eba factor this year after what collie and garcon did. i would be worried if i had your RB's, forte bombed last year and matthews, ya just dont know how much he will be doing.your WR's are pretty good except for smith being hurt.

TT - solid RB's, all of them. good TE, but i'd be worried with cutler as my qb. i think your starting WR's are good, but the rest, eek!

TB - SOlid team all around imo, not just saying this because shes the commish, but i think her team is pretty stacked, could eb the best one in the league, the only position that might be weak is RB's but that was her strategy in the draft, and it worked. there are a couple potential gold minds on the bench in TO and taylor, especially if forte stumbles again, taylor is a solid RB to step in.

Sixty - great 2 starting WR's not sure about the rest. good TE and 2 good RB's. I love felix but he is bothered by the knee again so i stayed away from him, and bradshaw is apprently injured as well and isnt looking that good in camp so far. bastard took favre from me! /glare

SB - you love RB's! but you have some solid one sin there, CJ is gonna tear it up, grant will get points, and stewart will get some, i'd be a little worried about the rest. some desvent WR's, but i would have tried to get one more possibly, but also havbing qb, rb, and wr from the same team, is not a good thing! wallace could have a great year.

Eddie - descent first 2 WR's then the others i'd be worried about. not a bad RB group, i wouldnt have takin wells, the cards offense is something i tried to stay away from except for breaston, i know, but they are shaky to me. good qb duo to have to play committee with week by week.

grumble - pretty solid draft, i do not want to face you on a good week. soild RB group, i wanted charles so bad this year after what he did last year. greene will get the carries. lets hope for you brees doesnt follow the madden curse! if welker comes back strong, you have a pretty good WR group and if colston gets off the PUP list soon.

Slum - i dont like romo personally but i think with bryant there now, hopefully opposite miles, witten being there, he is going to have a great year. WR situation is ok, i dont like white personally, boldin could be good, hopfully him and flacco get a groove goin. I dont like your TE situation at all, winslow doesnt do it for me and cooley coming off that injury, thats the weak part of your team imo.

Stalker- descent qb, but only one good WR imo, since jackson is a question mark most of the year. not a great rb group, but with gore and williams there, should get you plenty fo points. two descent TE's to work with, i like that. big ben as a back up, would have stayed away from him as hes suspended for a few games. good def pick.

fw - flacco as your qb, he could havea good year, but im not banking on it, even with boldin there now, they run the ball to much with rice. only one quality WR imo in miles, walker is a question mark to me as is the rest of the jags offense besides MJD. pretty good RB situation, 3 solid RB's and a 4th who could have a strong rookie season in det with smith injured. wtf were you thinking taking bradford!!!! and great TE pick, gates is a beat.

my team!!! - time to toot my own horn! i got stuck with eli and alex, i didnt pick the QB's i wanted soon enough, kolb or favre, but i think smith could havea stellar year with a full season under his belt with crabtree, davis, and gore catching out of the backfeild. Eli hopefully boucnes back from an ok season to have a bit better of one with being healthy and not having the foot problem. i am stoked to have 2 top 10 RB's to start, and then getting barber as a steal in round 10, i couldnt believe he had been sitting there, but he was too good to pass up with how good he looks in camp. then Tate could be a great play if he gets enough carries and could be the #1 back in Houston, but that could backfire lol. same goes for the bryant pick, that was pretty early but i wanted him and ahrvin as my WR's i love harvin and what he does for the vikings, its a favorite player pick. got a solid TE who has a good rap with his QB. and getting braylon in the 14th round, who is the #1 WR in the jets, which is a run first offense but i think they will open it up more for sanchez this year, a steal imo. Britt could be a great pick or a bust, he has had a terrible offseason and OTA"s but hopefully he bounces back from that, he has the potential to be a great WR and hopeuflly the titans bring him in this year as their #1. i am so excited to see how we all do, this should be a good year.

#327 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for the pick Slum.

And I realy, really was gonna not go RB RB for the first time in my fantasy career. But i had a list of like 8 RB's and i said if they're all gone, i'll go something else. But good ole Mr. Grant was waiting, so i had to do it.

My WR's will make or break my team. I told myself i would NOT draft on potential this year and Dwayne Bowe is the oldest receiver i got. Nice SB....Nice.

And thanks TB!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#328 User is offline   Flashwit 

• Studded Student Stud of the Abyssmal Army
  • Interests:Football, lacrosse, jeet kun do, kali, jiu jitsu, reading, call of duty. FAST CARS.... who said these things cant go together?

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

yeah believe me Flacco wasn't my first pick. i was hoping to get rivers but he got picked right before my turn so i went with Flacco even though i was also thinking of Matt Ryan. and Bradford... well I'm not sure, i needed a backup QB and a lot of the top picks this year are new players. maybe he will be a bust (well its more like a most likely) but hey, I'm a man that likes to gamble
"The world, someone once said, gives back what is given. In abundance. But then, as I would point out, someone was always saying something. Until i get fed up and have them executed." Kallor

"no im not a crazed gunman dad im an assassin, well the difference bein one is a job and one is a mental sickness!"

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users