• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best thing we havent seen? Events and shenanigans "offscreen" Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lazar 

• Apprentice of High House Fantasy
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

I dont know if this has been done before of if this is even the right place...

Inspired by Abyss'ssss comment on Lostara's Shadow Dance at the end of DoD.
Whats the coolest thing thats happened, but we weren't allowed to see?

This can obviously be anything thats happened in the whole of Eriksons world.
So...my mind straight away went to the fall of the first empire, with all the D'ivers and soletaken going crazy and fighting and stuff.
Also the battle that happened during the breaking of the Tiste Andii civilisation and the turning away of MD. Although i suppose we will see that in the Kharkanas trilogy if that is indeed what it concerns, not the continuation of the Shake story.

Theres loads I know but cant recall at present so I suppose I'll get some others up later.
Friend, know this for certain. Whatever Anomander Rake now attempts to do, he does not do it for himself.

#2 User is offline   Daeghrefn 

• Corporal

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

I would have loved to see the Crimson Guard vs. the Pack in MT, but the way Erikson handled that scene was perfect anyway.

The fall of the First Empire is definitely right up there on my list of "things I want Erikson to write more about." I also would like to hear more about the ancient wars on the seas between the Tiste Edur and the Barghast/Moranth/Toblakai.

#3 User is offline   Lazar 

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:20 PM

Err the Pack? you'll have to excuse my ignorance, I cant remember that bit. But of course it will be cool if it involves the CG! maybe you could enlighten those of us (just me) who cant recall?
Another big one for me is WHAT THE FRAK HAPPENED ON THE MOON?!?

This post has been edited by Lazar: 25 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

Friend, know this for certain. Whatever Anomander Rake now attempts to do, he does not do it for himself.

#4 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

The Pack were the Jheck Gods that the Crimson Guard under Iron Bars command fought at the end of Midnight Tides. After finishing them up, Iron Bars and Corlo go off to fight the Sereghal (Toblakai).

I want to see the old battles of conquest by Kellenved, Dancer, and Dassem on Quon Tali.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:07 PM

If you mean something that happened off-stage in the books? It's gotta be what happened on Malaz on the night of the Shadow Moon with Dancer, Kellanved, and Ash vs. Lasseen and all her claw. Had to be sheer epicness.

If you mean a historical event only alluded to in the books its gotta be the imprisonment of Raest. It took Gothos and a bunch of Jaghut allied to a large group of Imass to make it happen. I suspect that the Imass who worshipped Raest as a god were probably forced to fight for him during the battle but either way, that had to have been awesome.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#6 User is offline   Quick Randy Adaephon Delat 

• Recruit

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:07 PM

First and foremost I want to know how the battle at the end of DoD ended for the Malazans, which is convenient since I'm assuming/hoping it will be in TCG.

Other than that, I want to see early Draconus and Icarium, I find both of them so interesting, and all we ever get are hints at their pasts. SE is such a tease.

#7 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

I would love more heartbreaking Mappo & Icarium adventures. Also Rake's friendship and courtship of Silanah. There's some small taste of that history revealed in TTH or DoD, I think, but she must be a pretty unique personality among the pureblood Eleint.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

Or a really good lay, either way.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#9 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:59 PM

Well I'd like to see that too.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#10 User is offline   Lazar 

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:12 AM

WiskeyJackDaniels: It can be both, theres no need to discriminate! Also, your mention of Jaghut reminded me of their war against Death, we've had the legions of Jaghut described to us, but I want to see and understand the extent and implementation of this most epic of undertakings!

worrywort: I imagined a short novel about one of the civilizations he destroyed, from the POV's of people involved and trying to stop him etc, but not from Iccy or Mappo, cause Id love to have him portrayed as a real villain and force of nature. to see the other side and not be sympathizing with him.

#11 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:14 AM

I'd have liked to see what went on in the tents between Tavore and T'amber. That to me is the explanation to Tavore's actions from the beginning of her time as an Adjunct all the way up until now.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#12 User is offline   Lazar 

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:36 AM

Hopefully we probably willsee, but I wanna know what escapades Ganoes has been getting himself into. Really hope he ends up being a crucial hero, going beyond being an arbiter of the Deck or whatevs

#13 User is offline   NikitaDarkstar 

• Lieutenant

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:01 AM

I agree with Lazar, I want to see more of Ganoes.

I also wouldn't have minded more details on Lostra's Shadow Dance and the Battle between the Bonehunters and K'chain Nahruk. But thats still possible.

I would have like to know what actually happened to Topper. (Dissapeared in some warren I think? Would still like the details on that.)

Actually just some more stuff on Laseen. She's mentioned often but she didn't make many appereances in the books. Just something more to get her PoV would have been nice.

More on Rake and Brood, since they were such good friends and all.

More on Shadowthrone and Cotillion, both before and after ascension. (So I like them, deal with it. Besides even if they've gotten plenty of screentime I've had a hard time figuring out what the hell they're upto. Maybe a re-read will help.)
Sanity is nothing more than an excuse for being boring.

#14 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

I want to see that battle none of the survivors will talk about, the one involving the Imass and Bridgeburners where we find out something happens when you get otataral hot and then throw magic at it.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#15 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:49 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 26 June 2010 - 06:24 AM, said:

I want to see that battle none of the survivors will talk about, the one involving the Imass and Bridgeburners where we find out something happens when you get otataral hot and then throw magic at it.

What battle is this? And when is it brought up?
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#16 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:07 AM

In HoC (I believe) when that guy sells Kalam the otataral knife, Kalam muses how difficult it is to make those weapons and that the smiths must have come to the solution by mistake. However, nobody knows what happens when hot otataral mixes with magic. No one, that is, except a bunch of BB including Kalam and QB.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#17 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:35 AM

It is mentioned that when the Jaghut and Imass wars were at their worst they set the sky on fire. I would like to see a vision of a band of strong Jaghuts, even Tyrants, coming together wielding Omotose Phellack against armies of T'lan Imass and Bonecasters. It must have been pretty fucking insane.

Also after seeing that little clash between Short tails and Long tails in DOD, I would love to have seen what the KCCM wars were really like when there was millions of those creatures kicking the shit out of each other. How many skykeeps did they have I wonder? The prologue of MT where blood is raining down on the battle field from dying skykeeps is one of my favorite scenes in the series.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 26 June 2010 - 08:36 AM

#18 User is offline   lobo the wolfman 

• Wide Eyed Stupid
  • Interests:Beer, books and heavy metal.

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 26 June 2010 - 06:49 AM, said:

View PostIlluyankas, on 26 June 2010 - 06:24 AM, said:

What battle is this? And when is it brought up?

Wasn't that the first battle that Quick Ben and Kalam joined the BB with after the chase though Raraku? I seem to recall that after they left Raraku they attacked and defeated a rebel fortress, and it was also then that they discovered that little trick with otataral. Whiskeyjack mentions the battle to Rake, and Kalam thinks about it later.

I would like to see the rise of Kallor's first empire, l would also love to see a story of Draconus adding other beings to the collection in his sword.
In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us.

#19 User is offline   Lazar 

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

I'd also like to see Rake finding and attempting to harness Moon's Spawn, just because I want to see how the damn thing works! Does it have an engine room? Cockpit?

#20 User is offline   Harvester 

• Evil Baron Kitty of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

View PostNikitaDarkstar, on 26 June 2010 - 01:01 AM, said:

I would have like to know what actually happened to Topper. (Dissapeared in some warren I think? Would still like the details on that.)

Actually just some more stuff on Laseen. She's mentioned often but she didn't make many appereances in the books. Just something more to get her PoV would have been nice.

Read ROTCG. :)

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users