• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Crippled God and Kolanse? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:38 AM

Isn't this why he was given a place in the Deck, to make him play by the same rules as the other gods?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#22 User is offline   Mekeritrig 

• Ishroi Erratic
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:11 AM

As to the comparison to other characters, namely Karsa, I find that the analogy does not necessarily fit; with Karsa, we have a cultural model to fit him in. His actions are appropriate and even laudable in his cultural context -- though rape is abominable and I'm not keen on the whole ruination of civilization idea (as a resident of civilization, I rather like it). We have no such context for the Chained God; his actions are reactionary, or so it seems to us, but perhaps he's just chugging along with the same MO he had in his own world. Maybe he's working inside of his context. Which would make it a pretty shitty world to be in.
And I will say then/ Every tale is a gift/ And the scars borne by us both/ Are easily missed/ In the distance between us.

"I am Fener's grief. I am the world's grief. And I will hold. I will hold it all, for we are not yet done." Itkovian

#23 User is offline   GruntlesTigerFangs 

• Recruit

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

Thought Kaminsod, the Crippled God, was just super pissed at being dragged from his world by Kallor's mages, and then chained for nothing more than being 'alien' to that world, and on top of that his body was scattered and shit.

So his basic plan is destory the world and its gods, he used the PD as a distraction, when his real attack was on the warrens/K'rul and Burn.

QB only slowed the poison yes?

Side note: the elder gods were coming for Bloodeye and Ruin, like they did the CG, because they were alien to this world also. Makes me wonder how Rake avoided it all.

#24 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:53 PM

He is Rake...he is avoided by others:)
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#25 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

View PostThe Seguleh 46th, on 10 June 2010 - 10:17 AM, said:

The Lether campaign however, might have been more of a checkmate move on his part, what with a basically unkillable Emperor and all. He seemed surprised (to me anyway) when it was his own Knight (do i have it right here? well, whatever title Karsa holds in House of Chains) who ended up slaying Rhulad and delivering the body to his island.

Didn't seem surprised to me - he said that he'd been trying to get Karsa there for a while. My interpretation of that whole encounter was that the CG had expected to get Karsa there to take the sword from Rhulad long ago but Karsa defied the attempt - in other words, when the CG pulled Karsa into the Nascent near Binadas' ship in HoC, Karsa was supposed to talk to the Edur and find out about the Emperor then so he'd want to go back and kill Rhulad right away, but they never talked so Karsa killed them all and continued on to 7C.

The CG was surprised, though, that Karsa wouldn't take the sword.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#26 User is offline   The Seguleh 46th 

• High Fist

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

View PostD, on 11 June 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

The Lether campaign however, might have been more of a checkmate move on his part, what with a basically unkillable Emperor and all. He seemed surprised (to me anyway) when it was his own Knight (do i have it right here? well, whatever title Karsa holds in House of Chains) who ended up slaying Rhulad and delivering the body to his island.

Didn't seem surprised to me - he said that he'd been trying to get Karsa there for a while. My interpretation of that whole encounter was that the CG had expected to get Karsa there to take the sword from Rhulad long ago but Karsa defied the attempt - in other words, when the CG pulled Karsa into the Nascent near Binadas' ship in HoC, Karsa was supposed to talk to the Edur and find out about the Emperor then so he'd want to go back and kill Rhulad right away, but they never talked so Karsa killed them all and continued on to 7C.

Ahhh. That does make sense now when i think back on it and the way you explained it. Still, you'd think the CG woulda done his research a little better on Karsa, and figure out that he's pretty much a "kill first and ask not a single question later" kind of dude. I think i almost can relate even more to TCG now, as that seems to me a very human (maybe not the right term here) mistake to make. The Gods underestimating/misreading mortals yet again and all that.

This post has been edited by The Seguleh 46th: 11 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

#27 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

View PostThe Seguleh 46th, on 11 June 2010 - 03:11 PM, said:

View PostD, on 11 June 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

Ahhh. That does make sense now when i think back on it and the way you explained it. Still, you'd think the CG woulda done his research a little better on Karsa, and figure out that he's pretty much a "kill first and ask not a single question later" kind of dude. I think i almost can relate even more to TCG now, as that seems to me a very human (maybe not the right term here) mistake to make. The Gods underestimating/misreading mortals yet again and all that.

Well, the situation was not so different in the forest when the Edur did manage to speak to him and tell him about Rhulad. And, imho, if he'd not slaughtered Binadas and gone directly to Rhulad then, I think he probably would have taken the CG's sword as planned...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#28 User is offline   KingTeholBeddict 

• A sword (look down)

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

View PostErayle, on 10 June 2010 - 06:51 AM, said:

Since we're throwing around crazy theories here, I've had these stuck in my a head for a while. They might sound stupid, but what the hell :(

Remember at the start of DoD, there was a part where Hebroic was like "He understood now. The gods of war and what they meant, what their very existence signified. And as he stared upon those jade suns searing every closer, he was overwhelmed by the futility hiding behind all this arrogance, this mindless conceit. See us wave our banners of hate. See where it gets us. A final war had begun. Facing an enemy against whom no defence was possible. Neither words nor deeds could fool this clear-eyed arbiter. Immune to lies, indifferent to excuses and vapid discourses on necessity, on the weighing of two evils and the facile righteousness on choosing the lesser one - and yes, these were the arguments he was hearing, empty as the ether they traveled. We stood tall in paradise. And then called forth the gods of war, to bring destruction down upon ourselves, our world, the very earth, its very air, its water, its myriad life. No, show me no surprise, no innocent bewilderment. I see now with the eyes of the Abyss. I see now with my enemy's eyes, and so, I shall speak with its voice. Behold my friends, I am justice. And when at last we meet, you will not like it. And if irony awakens in you at the end, see me weep with these tears of jade, and answer with a smile. If you've the courage. Have you, my friends, the courage?"

1) So, could it be possible that Ahkrast Korvalain is the home-realm of the CG (or at the very least, connected to CG in some way), seeing as the FA are all for justice, which also appears to be the case with the Jade Giants?

2) I remember a part in MoI where Rake gave Korlat leave to command all the Andii upon Kallor if he were to go for Silverfox, and Korlat mentioned something about how the Andii present at the Chaining destroyed the CG's realm. Don't think any of the FA I've read about so far have used magic either, might be why?

3) Since everything seems to revolve around Kolanse, I think it would be a safe guess that the Jade Swords in the sky would also uh, land there. Delivering their version of justice to the FA who have lost their way, perhaps? (Think back to the part where Gothos had a conversation with Kilamandaros, shortly before she killed Scabandari. When Gothos keeps the Finnest for himself, Kila says something along the lines of 'I'm tempted to send my children after you' to which Gothos replies 'Too bad they lost their way')

In DoD, if inferring that Ahkrast Korvalain is a elder warren of Mockra, you could say that when "the Quitters" (that's who i think it is at least, Inquisitor Sever and those others) use the power of the words, that this is their magic.
Just a theory.

(If this is so, then I only wonder how Badalle also could use this magic.)
"I'm having one of those things... A headache with pictures." An Idea? "Yeah, that's it!"

#29 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:56 AM

View PostKingTeholBeddict, on 06 July 2010 - 11:23 PM, said:

In DoD, if inferring that Ahkrast Korvalain is a elder warren of Mockra, you could say that when "the Quitters" (that's who i think it is at least, Inquisitor Sever and those others) use the power of the words, that this is their magic.
Just a theory.
(If this is so, then I only wonder how Badalle also could use this magic.)

http://forum.malazan...65

Enjoy Posted Image
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users