• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#41 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:56 AM

It's not nearly as good as the first one, but it ain't all that bad. Just a wasted opportunity for being awesome.
I do hope that trailer doesn't just gather all the cool scenes from the game and the rest won't be boring. What movie trailers taught us.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#42 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

The only thing that annoys me about the DeusEx trailer is the year. Lets me honest here. The world is not going to turn super futuristic in the next 17 years, not unless the singularity thingy occured today, and even then... no. We're not going to have walking robot tanks, super advanced robot prosthetics, flying cars, etc.

#43 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

Alien visitors. Clearly.

I think some of it is possible, but the entire city? No, cities don't just get remade overnight. Especially as it's meant to have gone through a steep decline into sordid decay first...

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#44 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:35 AM

Sounds like SOMEone doesn't know how to exponentially curve development!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#45 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:12 PM

View PostAptorian, on 07 June 2010 - 07:09 AM, said:

The only thing that annoys me about the DeusEx trailer is the year. Lets me honest here. The world is not going to turn super futuristic in the next 17 years, not unless the singularity thingy occured today, and even then... no. We're not going to have walking robot tanks, super advanced robot prosthetics, flying cars, etc.

We should have had all that now. 2027 is just 17 years late, in my book.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#46 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

Just 5 more years till we get those Hooverboards that Back to the Future promised us.

#47 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

Playing Hearts of Iron 3, Semper Fi. Game is now finished, and pretty good.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#48 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

#49 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

Batman: Arkham Asylum 50% off on Steam

Can't recommend this game enough. One of the best games I've played. A must if you're a fan of Batman.

#50 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:35 PM

PLaying the first Uncharted game. It's cool and all, but man the combat is awkward.
Error: Signature not valid

#51 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 10 June 2010 - 03:35 PM, said:

PLaying the first Uncharted game. It's cool and all, but man the combat is awkward.

Like, so bad it's not worth playing, or just a minor annoyance over all? I'm planning on going through it before I pick up the over hyped Uncharted 2.

#52 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

View PostAptorian, on 10 June 2010 - 08:30 PM, said:

Like, so bad it's not worth playing, or just a minor annoyance over all? I'm planning on going through it before I pick up the over hyped Uncharted 2.

No, it's worth playing, it's just awkward. For me, what made it awkward was how many hits some basic enemies could take. Once you get used to it, though, it's a better game. I'm currently waiting for the 2nd one to come down in price so I can grab it.

#53 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

Uncharted 2 is already half price on the online store I use, so I'm definitely going to pick it up sooner or later. But there's so many games I've never played. Quite a catalogue to pick from.

#54 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

New Mortal Combat game planned for 2011

Trailer looks a bit cheesy but still cool.

#55 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

looks tasty
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#56 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

View PostGothos, on 11 June 2010 - 07:39 AM, said:

looks TOASTY

Fixed that for you.

#57 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:32 AM

View PostAptorian, on 11 June 2010 - 08:13 AM, said:

View PostGothos, on 11 June 2010 - 07:39 AM, said:

looks TOASTY

Fixed that for you.

WELL DONE.

#58 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

Eurogamer with news on Deus Ex 3: 1 2 3

I. CANT. WAIT!
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#59 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

View PostTarcanus, on 10 June 2010 - 08:42 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 10 June 2010 - 08:30 PM, said:

No, it's worth playing, it's just awkward. For me, what made it awkward was how many hits some basic enemies could take. Once you get used to it, though, it's a better game. I'm currently waiting for the 2nd one to come down in price so I can grab it.

Yeah, it doesn't make the game unplayable at all, it's just...off. The cover system screws you as often as not and most people can take about 5 bullets before dropping. THe game is still a blast though, and I've heard the combat is improved in the second game which I will be playing next. Part of the problem is I have gotten used to RDR, which has an auto-lockon feature that makes gunplay super easy. I'm actually going to turn that off for my second runthrough of that game.
Error: Signature not valid

#60 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:23 AM

Worst game to play while drunkish in the history of games: Shattered Horizon. I think I'm going to go throw up now.

Though it raises another game related point: Teamwork in team games. WHERE THE FUCK DID IT GO?

32 person game. 16 a side. Me and just one person (though I guess since he's like the top ranked player in the game, it'd be best to say 'one player and I') Were the only people who did anything but wait for someone to get killed before shooting at a hostile RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM when not holding down the fucking mouse button in a corridor full of friendlies and scoring about 15 team kills in three seconds. Follow our examples motherfuckers. There's a reason our scores for the match are in the hundreds and yours are in the twenties. FUCK. Not to mention 'lets camp at our spawn even though the entire purpose of the match is to capture points which are NOT at our spawn point.'

/end angst and anger and complaining.

I have, however, mastered the automatic space shotgun. Is nice.

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users