• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#21 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

Working "8 bit calculator" in Little Big Planet. Somebody actually built a computer inside a computer game.

#22 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:35 AM

Anybody got any suggestions for a good PC game that I could get? Doesn't have to be within the last year or so, just an awesome game. Just wanting something to play when I'm not drunk and/or studying these next few weeks.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#23 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

Off the top of my head, Thief: The Dark Project, and Thief 2: The Metal Age. It might have horrendous graphics for this day, but it serves it's purpose, and the gameplay is simply stunning and unique. It's easily my favourite single player game of all time that is not an RPG. It's awesome, and the built-in difficulty settings make for good replayability... almost as much as various way players themselves invented, self-imposed rules to make the game more interesting and satisfying.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#24 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

If you're happy with outdated graphics, and you haven't played Deus Ex, then you must. You really must. 
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#25 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

Didn't play the 1st two but Thief 3 is well worth a look. Doesn't look too bad, atmospheric too.

Only other stuff I play on pc are the Total War games and Mount and Blade.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

1&2 beat the crap out of Deadly Shadows, Traveller. ROPE ARROWS DAMMIT!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#27 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

I got 'em after playing 3, but they didn't work on my pc for some reason.

Still thought Deadly Shadows was good, all the creepy-stealy-spooky stuff.

(Yoink!)
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#28 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

Hmm. Some cheap good games off the top of my head.

Mass Effect
Red Faction: Guerilla.
Trine
Torchlight
Half Life 1 and 2 plus episodes.
Portal (which is free on Steam)
GTA: San Andreas
Braid
Plants vs Zombies.
Oblivion.
The ID Pack on Steam.
Far Cry
Crysis
Bioshock

But before you buy any of the above, go and buy Psychonauts!

#29 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:35 AM

View PostKanubis, on 02 June 2010 - 12:01 PM, said:

If you're happy with outdated graphics, and you haven't played Deus Ex, then you must. You really must.

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#30 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

View PostAptorian, on 02 June 2010 - 04:41 PM, said:

Hmm. Some cheap good games off the top of my head.

Mass Effect
Red Faction: Guerilla.
Trine
Torchlight
Half Life 1 and 2 plus episodes.
Portal (which is free on Steam)
GTA: San Andreas
Braid
Plants vs Zombies.
Oblivion.
The ID Pack on Steam.
Far Cry
Crysis
Bioshock

But before you buy any of the above, go and buy Psychonauts!

Since I've played all of those games, I think I'll just get Deus Ex since I (*gasp*) haven't played it yet.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#31 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

before you do that, get System Shock 2

THEN play Deus Ex.

after that, play "Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines", BUT, make sure to get the latest fan-made patches. the game is friggin' brilliant, but buggy as hell.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#32 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:20 AM

Yet another free weekend for Shattered Horizon this weekend on steam. 3rd err 4th! through the 6th.

Be an astronaut AND carry a gun. Anyone who did not spend their childhood dreaming of at least one of these things is just wrong. Plain and simple wrong. Dutch, Hungarian, American boy being forced to play with barbie dolls by your beret wearing papi, whatever, wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Space is awesome, and flying around in space, in an astronaut suit with a gun is the Most Glorious Thing Ever.

Seriously. Free once again. three days. fly around in space. shooting people. glorious graphics, very solid servers and its only like a 1.2gig download. 8 big ass maps with plenty of variety to how they play, more than one weapon now (for the commies among you) and IN SPACE.

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 03 June 2010 - 03:27 AM

#33 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:15 AM

To get off of pc gaming for a second, has anyone played supersonic acrobatic rocketpowered battlecars on the ps3? It's a 5 dollar game that is simply superb. Cross soccer with flying cars, and give the ball such realistic physics it's like a bit of pool. If you have a ps3 go on the psn and get this game NOW befoe the price goes back up to 10 dollars, even though it's well worth 10.
Error: Signature not valid

#34 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:00 AM

View PostJusentantaka, on 03 June 2010 - 03:20 AM, said:

Yet another free weekend for Shattered Horizon this weekend on steam. 3rd err 4th! through the 6th.

Be an astronaut AND carry a gun. Anyone who did not spend their childhood dreaming of at least one of these things is just wrong. Plain and simple wrong. Dutch, Hungarian, American boy being forced to play with barbie dolls by your beret wearing papi, whatever, wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Space is awesome, and flying around in space, in an astronaut suit with a gun is the Most Glorious Thing Ever.

Seriously. Free once again. three days. fly around in space. shooting people. glorious graphics, very solid servers and its only like a 1.2gig download. 8 big ass maps with plenty of variety to how they play, more than one weapon now (for the commies among you) and IN SPACE.

I bought it during the Christmas sale for 5 euro. However, I was not impressed. I had problems finding any server with more than 2 or 3 people on it.

The strange thing is that the concept of the game is actually really cool. It's my hope that they take the profits of the game and develop a sequel with much more advanced combat options. Different types of suits, more weapons, more equipment oh and a Single Player campaign. I'd love to play missions in this environment.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if Activision bought the rights to the game and created Call of Duty: Shattered Horizon.

#35 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:19 AM

Huge picture is huge.

#36 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

View PostAptorian, on 03 June 2010 - 06:00 AM, said:

I bought it during the Christmas sale for 5 euro. However, I was not impressed. I had problems finding any server with more than 2 or 3 people on it.

Well, that's some shit. Friend in das Gerrrmanie said he didn't have any problems finding servers. Must be they're stealing your internet powers and using them for good or something. :laughing:

And they did add lots (well 'standard-modern-fps-fare' anyway ) of weapon options and the like with the last update. Could be you should fire it up this weekend when they start up the free-weekend servers again and see if there's more people playing.

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 03 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

#37 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:30 PM

Ended up getting Deus Ex on the cheap. Pretty cool so far, although only done the first mission at the Statue of Liberty. My JC dude looks like a white Morpheus with the sunglasses lol.

A friend also gave me F.E.A.R. to borrow, so with those two and RTW, I've got plenty of games to play at the moment.

#38 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

Good choice, as it prepares you for the coming release of Deus Ex 3 this fall. If this new, kick ass trailer is any indicator, the game's bound to be, well, kick ass.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#39 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:21 PM

In related gaming glory. About half an hour ago, I ended a lovely match of shattered horizon with a pistol headshot of someone named "Tiste"

It was good :laughing:

View PostBrynjar, on 05 June 2010 - 02:01 PM, said:

Good choice, as it prepares you for the coming release of Deus Ex 3 this fall. If this new, kick ass trailer is any indicator, the game's bound to be, well, kick ass.

I am reminded how unbelievably awesome the trailer for Deus Ex 2 looked all those years ago. *Refuses to be happy*

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 06 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

#40 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:26 AM

Deus Ex 2? I wasn't aware there was a sequel. I thought they they'd just decided to skip from 1 to 3.

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users