• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Videogames Thread

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:18 AM

I thought, with the growing popularity of this forum, that this thread was overdue.

This thread can be used for any random videogame related topic or discussion, links, videos or pictures that you want to share but don't think warrant a thread of their own.

Lets start out with some music:

Ballad of Black Mesa

#2 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:28 AM

I love that. I love that so much. That it tops off a near perfect gaming experience is just amazing.

Anyway, since I've got in to this thread early I'm going to post a shot of my favourite game, ever:

Posted Image

Some of you might be a little young to remember it, but Dungeon Master was so ahead of its time <3
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

The cover of a Videogame magazine from 1997

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

I feel so young...Dungeon Master was made years before I was even born...did play it as a kid though. Pretty sweet.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#5 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:41 AM

I was 2 when DM came out... I missed out on Atari times.

Anyways, my gaming time is packed right now! Between WoW raids (19:30-23:00 Thursdays, Mondays and Tuesdays) I've got E:TW to play, also FFXII, and coming in big steps is Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. Still haven't touched Dawn of War 2 after playing it for like 10 hours...
WTB 36 hour days!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#6 User is offline   Euler 

• Corporal
  • Interests:Skiing, Reading, Video games, Gym, Nature, Science...

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

My favorite single player game still has to be baldurs gate 2...

#7 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

Ah, Dungeon Master was a classic! I used to play it on my Amiga 500 - along with Bloodwych, and an isometric adnevture called Cadaver.

My current 'phone has more memory than my amiga did - I remember upgrading it to a whole megabyte!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 28 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#8 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

I found my old copy of Red Alert today. It's a shame Command and Conquer went so far downhill after this classic...
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#9 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

C&C Tiberium Sun was great I'd say!
in fact, C&C was waaay better than Red Alert in every single instance (Tiberium Dawn vs Red Alert, Tiberian Sun vs Red Alert 2, Tiberium Wars vs Red Alert 3)

got to pick up C&C4 when I have time, just to see what Kane has planned this time :>
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#10 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

View PostGothos, on 28 May 2010 - 11:32 AM, said:

in fact, C&C was waaay better than Red Alert in every single instance (Tiberium Dawn vs Red Alert, Tiberian Sun vs Red Alert 2, Tiberium Wars vs Red Alert 3)

got to pick up C&C4 when I have time, just to see what Kane has planned this time :>

He's planning to murder a fun franchise, hang it by its entrails from an overpass, and unleash a flock of vultures to eat the rotting corpse. It is that bad.

New Prince of Persia game soon! Supposedly back to the Sands of Time awesomeness. I hope.

#11 User is offline   Mischiefs' Folly 

• Tanno Spiritwalker
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

Nowadays I have only been playing Counter-Strike Source and TF2. Oh yeah. I just started playing Zelda Twilight Princess, it's been alot of fun.
Oh, me and my endless folly!

#12 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

View PostJusentantaka, on 28 May 2010 - 03:58 PM, said:

He's planning to murder a fun franchise, hang it by its entrails from an overpass, and unleash a flock of vultures to eat the rotting corpse. It is that bad.

why so? is it the attempt to completely re-do the building system and adding classes?

#13 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

So I decided to look at Steam and I bought the THQ package because I couldn't find my Dawn of War discs and I wanted to play Saint's Row 2 and Dawn of War 2. ALL THE NICE THINGS THEY SAID ABOUT STEAM WERE TRUE
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#14 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

View PostGothos, on 28 May 2010 - 06:39 PM, said:

View PostJusentantaka, on 28 May 2010 - 03:58 PM, said:

why so? is it the attempt to completely re-do the building system and adding classes?

Pretty much. Cause those things fucking suck. Or at least they suck the way they were done in this game. Limited army numbers, retarded unit unlock scheme, boring as dildos campaign, graphics that are crap and yet STILL whore up any system's resources. Add in the most skullfuckingly obtuse DRM imaginable which twigs out at the slightest provocation. And the cutscenes suck too. A lot.

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 28 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

#15 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

dildos arent boring.....

I have nothing else to add, so cannot get the threadback on topic, so

Nintendo
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#16 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

View PostBent, on 28 May 2010 - 07:05 PM, said:

dildos arent boring.....

Penis >>>>>> Vibrators >>>>>> Dildos

therefore, dildos are boring.

Uhm.

Anyone looking to get Alpha Protocol? Sounds and looks an awful lot like a Splinter Cell clone, and the new ones have sucked, so I's not so sure about it.

#17 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 28 May 2010 - 06:46 PM, said:

So I decided to look at Steam and I bought the THQ package because I couldn't find my Dawn of War discs and I wanted to play Saint's Row 2 and Dawn of War 2. ALL THE NICE THINGS THEY SAID ABOUT STEAM WERE TRUE

One of the Laws of Steam is that you can be damned sure that if you buy a game when it isn't on sale, it will be on sale with in a week or two.

#18 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

Prototype is pretty fun.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#19 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:58 AM

View PostJusentantaka, on 28 May 2010 - 07:16 PM, said:

Anyone looking to get Alpha Protocol? Sounds and looks an awful lot like a Splinter Cell clone, and the new ones have sucked, so I's not so sure about it.

Well, I uhm, borrowed a copy Not too bad (for about 2 hours play) pretty solid mechanics for the whole sneaky-punchy-sneaky-shooty genre, interesting toys, and a lot of gun customization abilities. Like there were in Crysis, but without the great menu for it. Add in a healthy shake of mass effect (1) with skill tree and dialog menus and its good stuff.

I give it 4 Ps and 5 Vs out of a maximum of 5 Ps.

Alll. fucking. LIES. Goes from 'fun, should be good' to 'complete and utter shit' 2 hours in. Avoid like the plague. One of the nastier ones too.

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 30 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

#20 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:47 AM

The University of /v/

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic