• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:40 AM

Civilization VI!

#3502 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:44 AM

Yeah I only just looked at the map properly, with it zoomed out. It's pretty huge. And dense, too... i set out towards a pretty distant objective, and have just been constantly sidetracked (in a good way) by different events or areas.

Although if you see a bear attacking people and throwing them about like dolls - dont interfere.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3503 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:07 AM

Toss a bomb at them.

#3504 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:33 AM

Ok now I need some bombs.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3505 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:40 AM

Was listening to a podcast where, duh, they talk video games. In this one they were discussing The Last of Us Part 2. While they had to address the elephant in the room and give some attention to the story and the responses it has received, they mainly steered away from that and instead just focused mainly on the design and production of the game. They break down how mammoth an achievement Naughty Dog accomplished with attention to the smallest of details, for example, and I think some players may overlook some of this, things like how glass breaks. They talk about how much work Naughty Dog must have put in to account for all the different fight animations for each weapon, specifically melee. The weapons upgrade system and the details put into each animation for each upgrade choice. This is just scratching the surface, but TLOU2 truly is something special in how all that was brought together, it should be experienced based on that alone.

Can you guys tell that The Last of Us 2 is still resonating with me? Posted Image

#3506 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:00 AM

Supposedly Naughty Dog burns through animators so that doesn't surprise me. They've become so infamous that they have to hire animators from outside the video game industry.

#3507 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:17 PM

You can one shot the bears with a head shot. The bears generally seem surprisingly weak though admittedly I haven't picked a sword fight with one yet.

#3508 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:33 PM

Go into the options, I'm sure I saw a mask option for cut-scenes in there.

#3509 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:35 PM

The mask being removed in cutscenes is a toggle in the options menu.

I'd advise people to always do a run through all the options before starting a game. Now a days there's often a host of settings to customize to your liking.

#3510 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:11 PM

Were you standing or walking far away from the character? Sometimes developers adjust speaking volume based on distance.

#3511 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:54 PM

Haven't encountered it in +15 hours of play. But thinking on it, earlier I had a bug during a quest with the bow sensei, where he sort stopped walking and then disappeared after I kept going. I could hear his voice from far away like he was still talking but he was gone. I reloaded and it corrected itself.

#3512 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:30 PM

I never understood Haiku's in real life and I don't think I understand them in this game either. I never feel like the sentences I string together mesh very well.

#3513 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:29 PM

#3514 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:48 PM

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 19 July 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

Written any haikus yet?

I had fun with that.

I still cant find where you're supposed to do those. It just says 'find a peaceful place.' About as useful as saying 'find a bamboo thicket.'

#3515 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:34 PM

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 21 July 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

Overwhelming force
Overtaking all it sees
Fleeing warmth and light

I love this feature in Tsushima!

The moments of calm really do add something. Found a haiku spot at last - really like the way you find the lines through looking at the scenery.

#3516 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 July 2020 - 07:04 AM

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 22 July 2020 - 06:05 AM, said:

Have y’all scene the pure magic that is the Kuta Grasslands? So pretty in daylight, then the setting sun makes it gold. This is a fantastic game to end the console on.

Stop making me post in 2 threads! Yes, the grasslands are beautiful, especially in the moonlight. I ambushed a whole gang in a huge pampas grass field - running while crouching, circling them and assassinating the outer ones who were searching. They couldn't see me, it was like that raptor scene from The Lost World.

Attached File  IMG_20200721_233649.jpg (436.61K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 July 2020 - 07:06 AM

#3517 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:47 PM

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 22 July 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

How do you post pics from your PlayStation here? I’d love to go cray cray selfie mode in Tadayori’s Rest.

Have you got a Twitter account? I set one up solely to get game pictures onto my phone easily when I was playing NMS.
You just hit share, use twitter, then you can save the picture. There's probably an easier way but thats what I'm doing.

#3518 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 July 2020 - 07:13 PM

View Post20 Days of Sheep, on 26 July 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

Any of y’all still playing Tsushima?

I keep finding myself in awe at the sheer beauty of the landscapes. Found a place last night right before the ambien hit thankfully in Kashine Hills that had red, pink, white flowers swaying in the wind with a green spread all around till it met on a hill way in the distance with the Golden Forest tree tops. I just had to sit there and stare. Wish I knew how to post pics but it’s all gravy cause if your playing you ll see for yourself without having someone ruin the view which is much better!!

Love how the weather changes with your play style and how horses that ain’t yours do not want you on them...

I think this game will be a serious contender for GOTY myself and that still makes me upset Death Stranding lost to Sekiro last year and I hadn’t even played Death Stranding at the time.

Still playing, check out the ded thread.

I still love the way the flute changes the weather - when it's dark and raining, the sun comes out in such a natural way and lights everything up. Could have done with that in botw!

I have to say, I'm loving every minute of this.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 July 2020 - 07:16 PM

#3519 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:06 PM

Figure I'd link to this here for you gamers who remember G4 TV: https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1411612 (aughts and 20-teens 4Lyfe baby!)

Personal fun fact: I asked for the first Borderlands game for Xmas based on the excellent reviews it received on X-Play (a G4 1/2 show dedicated to video games). Did anyone know anything about Borderlands before it was released? How did the buzz grow surrounding the game?

#3520 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:41 AM

Is it just me that likes an appropriate drink with a good game?

I've got a really nice bottle of Akashi-tai sake to go with GoT.

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users