#3161 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:05 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 12 February 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 11 February 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

Looks terrible but maybe the combat will be fun.

Outriders is a terrible name. I'm getting serious third-person Destiny vibes from this (wait, wasn't that Anthem?).

It's cribbing Destiny's equipment UI, but the devs continue to swear they aren't making a GAAS.

The previews make it look like a 3rd person shooter that's using powers as alternative to pop'n'shoot cover-based combat. Which is something that could be fun, and People Can Fly is a dev who knows their shooty bang bangs.

For a decent price I can see myself checking it out. Not a full-price purchase, mind, but it looks like there can be some science magic fun in there. Depends how good the enemy variety will be, I guess.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3162 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:22 AM

I kicked off a game of Stellaris yesterday. The first in a long while. Grabbed all the new dlc and dived in! It's great fun, I have to say. There's so many new events to follow. I think I like the new construction system now, and the expansion system is better than it was I think.

I made a most serene republic, a religious corporation made as a sort of Vatican/Venice hybrid. Eventually I'll be a collection of psychic stock brokers, which will be interesting. I make an absurd amount of energy, though I cannot compete militarily with my non-corporate neighbours. Especially the materialistic empire to the west. Thankfully, as I have an absurd amount of cash on hand, I have built up an impressive fortress system close to our shared border. To get into my main region they'll have to cut through there, and to do so they'll have to grow tremendously in power. I have filled it with defensive platforms and defensive buildings and soon it'll be a starhold and then I'll be safe for a good long while. On my other flank there's two corporate nations, and together we'll form a mighty economic conglomerate.

I still have quite a bit to figure out, this thing is very different from what I remember Stellaris to be, but I'll get the hang of it soon enough.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3163 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:39 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 February 2020 - 08:22 AM, said:

I kicked off a game of Stellaris yesterday. The first in a long while. Grabbed all the new dlc and dived in! It's great fun, I have to say. There's so many new events to follow. I think I like the new construction system now, and the expansion system is better than it was I think.

I made a most serene republic, a religious corporation made as a sort of Vatican/Venice hybrid. Eventually I'll be a collection of psychic stock brokers, which will be interesting. I make an absurd amount of energy, though I cannot compete militarily with my non-corporate neighbours. Especially the materialistic empire to the west. Thankfully, as I have an absurd amount of cash on hand, I have built up an impressive fortress system close to our shared border. To get into my main region they'll have to cut through there, and to do so they'll have to grow tremendously in power. I have filled it with defensive platforms and defensive buildings and soon it'll be a starhold and then I'll be safe for a good long while. On my other flank there's two corporate nations, and together we'll form a mighty economic conglomerate.

I still have quite a bit to figure out, this thing is very different from what I remember Stellaris to be, but I'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Henlo uwu I am a black hole here is a radio message just for you senpai~ :3
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#3164 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:41 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 14 February 2020 - 08:39 AM, said:

...what?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3165 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:47 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 February 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 14 February 2020 - 08:39 AM, said:

...what?

Don't worry. The Worm is patient.

#3166 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:55 PM

So, a query to you so called tech experts who have hinted at having connections that give you the tea on what's being whispered amongst insiders - will this Coronavirus scare impact production schedules for next generation consoles? Will we be seeing delays or limited number of units available this holiday season due to shutdowns and delays? Will prices be higher as a result? Please weigh in, oh self anointed knowledge bases on all things technological.

#3167 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:42 AM

According to speculation, yes it may have an impact. How much? Nobody knows. Factories are opening back up in some places.

#3168 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:29 AM

Continuum Turbulence tomorrow. This is where Girls Frontline is supposed to get real hard, real fast. Let's see how many others survive it.

#3169 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:39 AM

Continuum Turbulence begins today. I can't link videos at work so I will just say youtube 'continuum turbulence in a nutshell' and enjoy the chaos.

#3170 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:43 PM

Warlander, the fantasy hack'n'slash with combat that looks like Revengeance, got a Steam release date- Feb 26th

http://store.steampo...4040/Warlander/

I didn't know it was supposed to be a roguelike. That dampens my enthusiasm somewhat, but it still looks cool.

Edit: also, Larian announced gameplay reveal for Baldur's Gate 3 next weekend during PAX East

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 18 February 2020 - 06:01 PM

#3171 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:41 AM

Also, out today:

The setting has a bit of a Prince of Persia vibe (it's described as Bronze Age Eastern Mediterranean"), and the game looks interesting. I like 3d hack and slash games, mostly because it's a genre we didn't get much on PC before; and this looks not quite Souls-like level of hardcore, which is nice.

I'll probably wait and see if it also shows up on GOG in the next week, and then grab it before the 20% discount runs out.

#3172 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:05 PM

I think I'm going to be more attentive to PAX East this week (starts Thursday). In the past, I've only barely paid attention to news as it was released following the show, but I think this one may have more impact as we close in on next gen consoles being launched (fuck you coronavirus!).

At this one, I know I'll be interested to see what new Borderlands 3 DLC is going to be coming (new Vaulter Hunter pleeeeease! *fingerscrossed). I think there might be some other major announcements at that show. You guys hearing any rumors or anticipating anything?

#3173 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:18 PM

The latest news has been that several big companies aren't attending PAX because of the Corona virus. Among them Sony.

I honestly wouldn't expect much since there's no big marketing platform at PAX. I think we wait till E3 and Gamescom for the biggest announcements.

#3174 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:21 PM

One thing I am curious about is Sony's PlayStation unveiling. There was a business meeting where an executive said they'd reveal the console the same way and at the same time they revealed the PS4. But that happened around 20 February 2013. Meaning something should be right around the corner.

#3175 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:17 AM

Almost done with Continuum Turbulence. The third chapter has certainly been a bit more of a challenge. Gonna try the ranking map on Saturday if I get time.

#3176 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:41 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 February 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

I think I'm going to be more attentive to PAX East this week (starts Thursday). In the past, I've only barely paid attention to news as it was released following the show, but I think this one may have more impact as we close in on next gen consoles being launched (fuck you coronavirus!).

At this one, I know I'll be interested to see what new Borderlands 3 DLC is going to be coming (new Vaulter Hunter pleeeeease! *fingerscrossed). I think there might be some other major announcements at that show. You guys hearing any rumors or anticipating anything?

Baldur's Gate 3 gonna have their gameplay reveal there

Obsidian will be showing off Grounded

Platinum is doing a panel, and they are announcing another project on the 26th

Focus Home has been announcing a few games ahead of PAX that'll be playable there. Devolver also has a few things there. I would love to get the announcement for a new Deck 13 game, but given the Surge 2 came out in September, it's probably too early for that.

Don't think any major publishers are doing anything crazy for PAX though. Maybe smth from 2K, but I'm just spitballing here, cuz they got a lot of teams working on stuff and basically nothing announced.

Ubi mentioned we'll be hearing more about their titles in the spring.

There's rumours that if either console maker gonna do any talking, they'd do it before GDC to pre-empt any leaks.
Of course, Microsoft just dropped a bunch of Series X specs info on twitter today, so who knows anymore?

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 24 February 2020 - 04:26 PM

#3177 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:03 PM

I definitely want to see the Baldur's Gate III gameplay.

#3178 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:20 PM

Digital Foundry dissecting the latest Xbox specs news

#3179 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:18 PM

new game by Platinum announced:

Wonderful 101 Remaster is out May 19th.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 26 February 2020 - 03:23 PM

#3180 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:29 PM

Well shit, the PS Plus free games just keep rolling on with awesome titles. Shadow of the Colossus remastered will be free in March. I'm going to snatch that up for sure. SotC is one of those games that has a lasting impact. There were video games before, and then there was Shadow of the Colossus.... if that makes sense.

Damn, I still need to play The Last Guardian. Any you guys play it? Is any good?

Share this topic:

• 218 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users