• Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

View PostGothos, on 11 July 2011 - 06:02 PM, said:

At Rhine Falls
Posted Image

And again
Posted Image

:p Gothos looking bemused or even, dare I say, happy? It's only taken 9 years but I've finally seen the Impossible!

:p

View PostSombra, on 11 July 2011 - 08:19 PM, said:

View PostMaia Irraz, on 10 July 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

The most recent pic I have...taken this past Friday at a certain concert, several hours before it poured freezing freaking rain on all 75,000 of us. :p On the plus side tho, my seat was awesome and I sang myself hoarse and I didn't catch pneumonia. So overall, no complaints.

Are you related to Shiara by any chance? Spooky. ;)

It's the hair :p

Also, anyone willing to post pictures of themselves on the Internet has to know that you can't stop people commenting on them. Really, the only issue I see here is that QuickTidal needs to get laid :D

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#642 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Attached File  DOGGLE.JPG (50.28K)
Number of downloads: 1

That's me on the right.

You go here to find out which human most resembles you:

http://www.doggelganger.co.nz/

This post has been edited by King Bear: 12 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

#643 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

View PostKing Bear, on 12 July 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

Attachment DOGGLE.JPG

That's me on the right.

You go here to find out which human most resembles you:

http://www.doggelganger.co.nz/

To the right? You are one smart fido friend.Posted Image
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#644 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

;)

#645 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 11 July 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

OK seriously the next time a female forum member posts a picture of themselves and you fucking assholes post more of those incredibly creepy 'compliments' and wannabe-flirty posts I will murder a banker, steal his wallet, buy a train ticket go back to Hetan and Mal borrow Hetan's admin account and fucking ban you. "B-B-B-But Illy it's not harming anyone-" SHUT THE FUCK UP. It's harming the image of the site as a friendly neutral place post regardless of identity, it's harming the ability of our members to mention their gender without slavering e-construction site workers and fuckwits wolf-whistling and IT'S HARMING MY BLOOD PRESSURE SO STOP

FUCKING

DOING

IT

It was never meant as creepy, just as a compliment. In my part of the world we compliment each other and it's not considered creepy.

It seems that enough folk agree with you Illy that I won't do it again. I really didn't mean any harm though. If someone posts a picture of themselves then it doesn't seem like a brutal notion to tell them you think they are attractive.

However, the rage (and the subsequent repping of your post Illy) seems to imply that it's not taken in such a lighthearted way as it was meant.

Sorry if I offended anybody by doing it.

However, in cooperation how about you stop making long strings of curse words everytime you're upset and speak to us like human beings? Cause there's some of us who find that offensive. ;)

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#646 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

View PostLoki, on 12 July 2011 - 07:32 AM, said:

Really, the only issue I see here is that QuickTidal needs to get laid ;)

I do get laid, I'm just commenting on hotness in the "I'm ridiculously good looking" thread. Seemed appropriate considering the title...apparently I was misinformed. :p
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#647 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 July 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

OK seriously the next time a female forum member posts a picture of themselves and you fucking assholes post more of those incredibly creepy 'compliments' and wannabe-flirty posts I will murder a banker, steal his wallet, buy a train ticket go back to Hetan and Mal borrow Hetan's admin account and fucking ban you. "B-B-B-But Illy it's not harming anyone-" SHUT THE FUCK UP. It's harming the image of the site as a friendly neutral place post regardless of identity, it's harming the ability of our members to mention their gender without slavering e-construction site workers and fuckwits wolf-whistling and IT'S HARMING MY BLOOD PRESSURE SO STOP

FUCKING

DOING

IT

It was never meant as creepy, just as a compliment. In my part of the world we compliment each other and it's not considered creepy.

It seems that enough folk agree with you Illy that I won't do it again. I really didn't mean any harm though. If someone posts a picture of themselves then it doesn't seem like a brutal notion to tell them you think they are attractive.

Well, when it's someone like becca who is I believe still underage and you find yourself saying 'damn, you are uber hot', then you must admit it gets a tad creepy, no matter what the intention. ;)

As for the whole thing, do any of the girls here feel at all apprehensive about posting pics of themselves on here? I wouldn't think so, since it's been going on for a while.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#648 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

View PostMTS, on 12 July 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

Well, when it's someone like becca who is I believe still underage and you find yourself saying 'damn, you are uber hot', then you must admit it gets a tad creepy, no matter what the intention. ;)

I don't know who Becca is but the last thing I said was "cutey". Sorry to her if she found that creepy. It was not intended as such.

In fact if any girl I have commented on being good looking in the "I'm good looking" thread is/was offended then I am truly sorry. Won't happen again. Consider me suitably reprimanded.

#649 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

As I said before, you can call me good looking QT I won't find it offensive if you need somewhere to vent your compliments... ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#650 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

You know, I think Illy and others are blowing this way out of proportion. I agree that in this day and age, we need to be vigilant against harassment and creating an uncomfortably innuendo environment, but I must confess, "cutey" is not the most heinous term I have heard used, esp. on this site, where I actually assume there are a lot of youngins. So chill peeps. If anything, send a PM to both the potentially offended and potentially offending first to check in. And for heaven's sake, cut out the drama and swearing. QuickTidal was gentleman enough to apologize and retract any offending statement.

And I was far more troubled by some of the drunken Avatar changes than this, btw. Keep it in perspective.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#651 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 12 July 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

As I said before, you can call me good looking QT I won't find it offensive if you need somewhere to vent your compliments... ;)

Haha! Noted.

#652 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

View PostMTS, on 12 July 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 July 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

As for the whole thing, do any of the girls here feel at all apprehensive about posting pics of themselves on here? I wouldn't think so, since it's been going on for a while.

This has happened and there is also circumstantial evidence in users purposefully obfuscating their gender. Either way as with all things, some are comfortable with posting pictures with or without commentary and some are going to find commentary creeping no matter how harmless the intention.

Back to the pictures of nerds trying to look cool!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#653 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

Pictures of nerds trying to look cool you say?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#654 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

View PostGust Hubb, on 12 July 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

You know, I think Illy and others are blowing this way out of proportion. I agree that in this day and age, we need to be vigilant against harassment and creating an uncomfortably innuendo environment, but I must confess, "cutey" is not the most heinous term I have heard used, esp. on this site, where I actually assume there are a lot of youngins. So chill peeps. If anything, send a PM to both the potentially offended and potentially offending first to check in. And for heaven's sake, cut out the drama and swearing. QuickTidal was gentleman enough to apologize and retract any offending statement.

And I was far more troubled by some of the drunken Avatar changes than this, btw. Keep it in perspective.

^This. Granted, I don't get any of the 'potentially offending' comments, but as far as I know the girls of this forum, 'cutey' is far from offending them and there are ways to say one's objections more.. civilized.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#655 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hey Illy, anyone ever tell you you're cute when you're angry?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#656 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 12 July 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

Hey Illy, anyone ever tell you you're cute when you're angry?

OK seriously the next time a female forum member CALLS ME CUTE WHEN I AM ANGRY!!!!, I will murder a banker, steal his wallet, buy a train ticket go back to Hetan and Mal borrow Hetan's admin account and fucking ban you. "B-B-B-But Illy it's not harming anyone-" SHUT THE FUCK UP. It's harming the image of the site as a friendly neutral place post regardless of identity, it's harming the ability of our members to mention their gender without slavering e-construction site workers and fuckwits wolf-whistling and IT'S HARMING MY BLOOD PRESSURE SO STOP

FUCKING

DOING

IT

I got your back Illy!

This post has been edited by apt.: 12 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#657 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

Alright, cut it the fudge out you muddyfootsters.

C**t was never ok, only mods can write it without an edit. I think the filter doesn't work on sigs
I AM A TWAT

#658 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

I think it's less the occasional compliment and the two pages of.. I don't know what to call it... passive desperate flirting.. that follows any girl posting her picture.

It's gotten pretty crazy. Not that many years ago we had a little american girl posting pictures of herself wearing naught but underwear and she didn't get nearly as much uncomfortable attention as anything vaguely female receives now.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#659 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 12 July 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

I think it's less the occasional compliment and the two pages of.. I don't know what to call it... passive desperate flirting.. that follows any girl posting her picture.

It's gotten pretty crazy. Not that many years ago we had a little american girl posting pictures of herself wearing naught but underwear and she didn't get nearly as much uncomfortable attention as anything vaguely female receives now.

But you don't sound like you are talking to QuickTidal here. Is it more akin to the talk about AIJ's pic? I really would like to understand so that such uncomfortable, awkwardness, offensiveness can be avoided.
~Abyss

#660 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

No, I'm not really talking about a specific person. I remember reading a few pages of this thread some days back and Sarah was looking over my shoulder. It didn't take long for her to observe just how uncomfortable it became reading whenever a girl posted a picture.

I think it might be less just the standard compliments and more the "wow your hot" followed by a dozen or so similar posts. The piling on must be a little scary.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 107 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

49 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users