Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

US Release?

#1 User is offline   grey_tinman 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

Does anyone know if this novella will be released in a less expensive format? Maybe even in the US?

#2 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

Nightshade Books have published the first three novellas in the US, but they take a while, and there has been no announcement regarding this book, so I'm just assuming they will continue doing so, which may be an invalid assumption. So I'm afraid it's just a waiting game - if you go to Nightshade's website, you can sign up to hear about new announcements etc, so if it does happen, you'll know about it. Best I can do I'm afraid.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#3 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

I'm sure if you wait 5 or 6 years, Tor will release "Bauchelain & Korbal Broach, Volume 2" containing novellas 4-6.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#4 User is offline   Seatiger 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

Who has 5-6 years to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really like these guys and would also like to see a canadian release date set for this book in a cheap print.
Take me as a knife and I will turn in your hand. I swear it.

#5 User is offline   busy monster 

• Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:00 AM

I've never run into a cheap print of these books. Ever. 200 page TPB. 200 page HC. I've never seen a MMPB or anything else except, ouch.

GIven that, when I bought those books, I'd ordered 3 of the Malazan novels from Amazon.co.uk (with the subsequent exchange and shipping rates), 15 bucks for a novella in TPB? Not bad. I'd bought used MMPBs for more than that, by that point :Oops:

I also like supporting Night Shade Books. They're awesome peoples and I love them so hard.

#6 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

Bantam supposedly has a MMPB of the Volume 1 collection; it's listed as out of stock at Amazon.co.uk and Book Depository, but Amazon.ca shows that it will be available August 30th. I'd like to have that edition, but it'd still be cheaper to pick up the Tor TPB than import the MMPB.

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 15 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"

#7 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 15 June 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

Bantam supposedly has a MMPB of the Volume 1 collection; it's listed as out of stock at Amazon.co.uk and Book Depository, but Amazon.ca shows that it will be available August 30th. I'd like to have that edition, but it'd still be cheaper to pick up the Tor TPB than import the MMPB.

Actually, the vol. 1 collection has been in stores in Canada since before TCG came out earlier this year. It's softcover trade (like all Erikson releases here in Canada), and is like 20 bones or something. I see it there all the time, I just haven't picked it up yet. Considering that only juts came out, chances of Crack'd Pot Trail showing up in that format soon is slim.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 15 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#8 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

Ooops, I lied....it looks like Crack'd Pot Trail DOES have a release date:

http://www.amazon.co...5842180-4803704

Sept 2011 in Canada, cover matching the vol 1. book.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

I'm heading up to Yonge and Eg in Toronto tonight for in-law house sitting duties...looks like they have a copy of the first vol, gonna pick that up!

#10 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 June 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

Actually, the vol. 1 collection has been in stores in Canada since before TCG came out earlier this year. It's softcover trade (like all Erikson releases here in Canada), and is like 20 bones or something. I see it there all the time, I just haven't picked it up yet. Considering that only juts came out, chances of Crack'd Pot Trail showing up in that format soon is slim.

I'm talking about the cheapo mass market, not the trade.

#11 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 15 June 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 June 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

I'm talking about the cheapo mass market, not the trade.

Cheapo? Cheapo on Malazan books? Naaaah.

lol

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users