Malazan Empire: what are the seguleh missing ? - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what are the seguleh missing ?

#21 User is offline   Captain Awesome 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • I consider myself a unique blend of weekend warrior and dork, a living contradiction

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:27 AM

Aptorian, on 12 June 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

The Second was looking for Skinner, an Avowed commander of the Crimson Guard. His grudge with Skinner is of a personal nature, but we don't know why the 2nd is so pissed off.

We hear about this in Bonehunters and Toll the Hounds.

After reading RotCG S2 could be looking for skinner because of the armor and sword he has feeling it wasn't exactly a fair fight. I thought S2 was dead at this point and working for Hood, yes? So, more even playing field, scores to settle etc etc Brilliant!! And this could've been answered somewhere else but could Iccy and guardian have gone to Seg Island at some point and created a 'never again' Spartan warrior type psuedo religion there?

#22 User is offline   Corabb Bhilan Thenu'alas 

• Chosen by Oponn, Beloved of the Lady

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

My theory:

what are the seguleh missing? or rather, what are they searching for?

Quote - "You are of the Agatii. You have your mission. We have ours. We search for something - something that was stolen from us long ago." -Oru speaking to Iron Bars in RotCG

Quote - "Among them there were warriors considered worthy enough to be treated as challengers....and a silent woman wearing a porcelain mask the brow of which was marked with eleven arcane glyphs. She had been found near dead in a storm-battered scow south of Callows." - Feather Witch's memories as she disembarked and fled the Edur Fleet in RG.

The Seguleh are searching for the lost Seguleh Twelfth starting from her last known whereabouts. Now, weather they're looking for HER or something SHE stole...
"Ah, she has roe. Delicious."

#23 User is offline   seint kanem's shadowrope 

• Recruit

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

worrywort, on 13 June 2010 - 07:59 AM, said:

I don't remember where I posted this before, but my hypothesis is that the Tyrant is perhaps a Forkrul Assail. This is because Seguleh sounds a lot like Sechul Lath, because they basically worship martial prowess including agility and precision, the rigidity of their society, and because their white masks could be based off of FA appearance. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if the FA worldview produced a Tyrant of a different sort than Jaghut produce.

In addition (light spoilers from TTH and beyond):
Spoiler

SPOILER TCG

Spoiler

Use spoiler tags please~Bubba

#24 User is offline   Silk 

• Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

Personally I feel that the Tyrant is Human. After all Humans are the inheritors of the world.

Spoiler

When I read this part in the book with the Seguleh in their search I think more towards a group of renegade Seguleh in Darujistan that may have taken something that led to them becoming outcasts... my personal opinion is that they are/were high ranking Seguleh they also could be refering to Mok who has in essence been stolen by Envy :rofl:)

#25 User is offline   Azathmaster 

• Rewinder of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • First Survivor in the Survivors' Guild

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

My theory is that the Seguleh and T'orrud cabal are the remnant of a first empire army, that was left behind after the empire fell, and the tyrant was Dessimbelackis, who, though the books never say this overtly, was a tyrant over the first empire.The cabal and seguleh are waiting for the Deragoth to return to Darujhistan and semble. Speculation: Karsa and his toblakai army will return to darujhistan with the barghast who are left on genabackis and fight the remainder of the cabal and the seguleh will leave their island and protect darujhistan. Now I go off track: torvald nom will blow up darujhistan with the gas and kill all the seguleh then join karsa and kill dessimbelackis with pure badassery, then fix kurald emurlahn and become the true ruler. Back on track now. The barghast and toblakai will be decimated as will the seguleh and they will retreat, but the malazans will look on confused, then this guy named Red will come back with whatever he found in moons spawn and along with kruppe take back darujhistan from the seguleh and cabal. Darujhistan novel, ended
"To victory! It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken"

#26 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

Foo, you need to hide your TTH spoilers. This ain't anarchy.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#27 User is offline   the broken 

• Fist

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

MODGOD NOTICE OF LATER BOOK SPOILER DELETED.
STATING SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS, EVEN VAGUELY, IN A LATER BOOK IS A SPOILER.
DON'T.
YOU COULD BLOCK IT AND INCLUDE A WARNING.
BUT BETTER YOU JUST DON'T.

This post has been edited by Abyss: 07 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

#28 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Aptorius, on 13 June 2010 - 06:36 AM, said:

I did a thread on the Darujistan Tyrant way back in Bonehunters:

http://forum.malazan...h=1

BH p. 129:

Beru fend, he whispered. A Seguleh!
At that the soldier turned, then walked closer. Daru, you are far from home! Tell me, do the tyrants children still rule Darujistan?
Cutter shook his head.
You look crazed, mortal, what ails you?
I'd heard, I mean Seguleh usually say nothing to anyone. Yet you...
The fever zeal still grips my mortal kin, does it? Idiots! The tyrants army still holds sway in city, then?
Who? What? Darujistan is ruled by a council. We have no army.
Brilliant insanity! No Seguleh in the city?
No! Just stories. Legends, I mean.
So where are my masked stick-pivoting compatriots hiding?.
An island, it's said, far to the south, off the coast, beyond Morn-
Morn! Now the sense of it comes to me. They are being held in readiness. Darujistan's council, mages one and all, yes? Undying, secretive, paranoid mages! Crouching low lest the tyrant returns, as one day he must! Returns, looking for his army! Hah, a council!
That's not the council, sir, Cutter said. You are speaking of mages, that would be the T'horrud Cabal-
T'orrud! Yes, clever. Outrageous! Barukanal, Derudanith, Travalegrah, Mammoltenan? These names strike your soul, yes? I see it.

Travalegrah? The others are obvious, but is this member of the cabal mentioned anywhere else?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#29 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:37 AM

There once were more members of the T'horrud Cabal so it is likely. I don't think we've heard of that particular name before or since though.

#30 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Aptorius, on 08 February 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

There once were more members of the T'horrud Cabal so it is likely. I don't think we've heard of that particular name before or since though.

I vaguely recall that name is similar to one of the otherwise unseen Cabal members Vorcan takes out on the Malazan contract towards the end of GotM. In TtH (MINOR SPOILER)
Spoiler

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users