Malazan Empire: Raymond Luxury Yacht - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Raymond Luxury Yacht A grumpy old ex smoker.

#21 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

View PostH.D., on 09 May 2010 - 04:57 AM, said:

Because:

It's like Indiana, except without cool people.
You can't go anywhere without hearing "OH!" "IO!"
You can't have the three biggest cities all starting with C. That's just ridiculous.
Cleveland.
Cincinnati.
Dayton.
The Buckeyes.
They ruined Sloopy.
Dotting the I.

The only thing they have going for them is they aren't from Kentucky.

Brought to you by your friendly Hoosier, who lived in Dayton, OH for 3 formative years. :kallor:

Actually, I love the Buckeyes. I'm not exactly sure what my deal is with Ohio. Partly having to go to a tiny shithole town to visit the hills have eyes part of my family growing up. It's dirty, it smells, it's hot anf humid, pollution, the desperate desire of some Ohioans to think they are part of the East coast, the fact that it's a mix of the worst parts of the rust belt and the midwest. There's nothing to do, the people aren't especially friendly, if you travel to Ohio you automatically get sick, if someone from Ohio visits you, you automaticaly get sick. My in-laws all live there, and I love all of them but just don't enjoy the state.
Error: Signature not valid

#22 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

You love the Buckeyes but don't like Ohio? That's paradoxical, buddy.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#23 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

The Buckeyes are the best thing in the state. i see no reason to like the entire state just because that's where the Buckeyes happen to play.

#24 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:12 AM

So how has the last year been RLY,

I have not been posting a lot so I am sure i have missed out a lot on any interesting tid bits you have been giving out...

Whats been going on?
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#25 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:15 AM

Not much, really. Same shit. I'm in Florida on vacation right now, which is sweet. Going to a giant water park tomorrow, which should be fun.

#26 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:44 AM

Giant water parks are always the best...

For some reason I dont enjoy normal rollercoasters anymore, my stomach cant handle them...... but water rides are awesome
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#27 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:44 AM

Man...being a teacher is like being a superhero! But with a salary and cheap coffee.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#28 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

View PostShinrei, on 09 May 2010 - 02:21 AM, said:

... Abyss is a staple of the forum. ...

I always felt i was more of a paperclip.

10) How big is your nose is real life? And no, that's not a euphemism for the size of the man-tool (although the person who submitted this question offered that you can answer that too if you wish).

I have a very average nose, if anything a bit on the small side. I will not discuss my man-tool without hearing who asked and why. (Abyss?)...

Don't look at me. Your man-tool is your business. And possibly your wife's. And apparently at least one of your students but we won't dwell on that...

- Abyss, nose better.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

View PostAbyss, on 12 May 2010 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostShinrei, on 09 May 2010 - 02:21 AM, said:

... Abyss is a staple of the forum. ...

I always felt i was more of a paperclip.

Posted Image
It all makes sense now.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#30 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 10 May 2010 - 05:13 PM, said:

I would just like to note the spelling mistake in the thread title.

But aside from that, RLY, I have to thank you for getting me on the quitting smoking bandwagon. You're a lifesaver.

I'm extremely pleased with that thread. It started as a way to vent and get me through my own pain of quitting, but ended up helping me develop my entire philosophy of quitting. The fact that either that thread or that philosphy have helped several people quit smoking feels very good to me. One of these days I'm going to dig that thread up and condense all of my posts into one coherent methodology for quitting, that I can produce whenever someone mentions that they want to quit.

#31 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:35 PM

I'll save you some time by rendering it down to its most streamlined form:

To quit smoking, simply stop buying cigarettes.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#32 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 13 May 2010 - 09:33 PM, said:

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 10 May 2010 - 05:13 PM, said:

I would just like to note the spelling mistake in the thread title.

But aside from that, RLY, I have to thank you for getting me on the quitting smoking bandwagon. You're a lifesaver.

I'm extremely pleased with that thread. It started as a way to vent and get me through my own pain of quitting, but ended up helping me develop my entire philosophy of quitting. The fact that either that thread or that philosphy have helped several people quit smoking feels very good to me. One of these days I'm going to dig that thread up and condense all of my posts into one coherent methodology for quitting, that I can produce whenever someone mentions that they want to quit.

Why don't you just get it published? Get in on some of that Allen Carr money.

#33 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:04 AM

After a meeting here at 20 Questions LLC., we decided that the market has spoken to the tune of about 8 billion views to her profile page and as such it cannot be denied that

Jusentantaka

will be our next interviewee.

I know you have questions, oh yes, you do. PM them NOU!
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#34 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:11 AM

Limited Liability Corporation my ass. I could pierce that corporate veil in a heartbreak, Shin.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#35 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:16 AM

You heard it here first! HD wants to "pierce" me. :rofl:
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#36 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:21 AM

Only the veil, sweety. I'll leave the rest for others. :rofl:

#37 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:27 AM

Dibs.

Wut?

#38 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

Good interview. It does feel a little like getting an award, doesn't it?

I feel this is the moment to say that I think your forum name is awesome. Not as good as Abyss', because really, it's just awesome speak for AWESOME WIN, but anyway...yeah. Now I'm just rambling because I'm pissed you didn't mention me. I would have taken a hate mail or anything... :rofl:

- Gem, believes everything should be about her, yes indeed, and Abyss, yes? Until someone kicks her ass for being annoying, but that's another story.
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#39 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

See, I knew I would forget to mention someone. You are, of course, a core member of the forum, and the DB/Religion board would be a boring lifeless place without you. And thank you, I'm glad you like my name. I picked it on a whim when I registered for this site, and it has become my standard online name on a plethora of sites. Sadly, I'm not the only one on the internet using this name, just the best. And I claimed it on the official Python website, so that means it's really mine.

#40 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 30 May 2010 - 07:18 PM, said:

See, I knew I would forget to mention someone. You are, of course, a core member of the forum, and the DB/Religion board would be a boring lifeless place without you. And thank you, I'm glad you like my name. I picked it on a whim when I registered for this site, and it has become my standard online name on a plethora of sites. Sadly, I'm not the only one on the internet using this name, just the best. And I claimed it on the official Python website, so that means it's really mine.
I love that sketch. I'm no Python expert, but I occasionally look up scenes on the tube...SPAM SPAM SPAM...etc. :) "I will not buy this record, it is scratched." Gold, pure gold. :rofl:
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users