Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thoughts on Return

#1 User is offline   Furion 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:48 AM

So the body inside the dulman was really K'azz, and he recovered his vitality offscreen and walked away?

Why is Mallick not dead yet? Seriously, I'm happy Korbolo seems to be about to get whats coming to him, but I seriously despise Rel and want him dead. In a very satisfying way.

Ghelel. What was the point of her? Chosen as a figurehead for some minor territory of the secessionists? But she never did anything important at all. She never was even a witness to any important event. And she was such an irritating character as well.

What was Ereko even doing? That whole plotline with him and Kallor made no sense. And Kallor was portrayed terribly in this book, in my opinion.

Osserc masqueraded as a sword in order to escape the Crimson Guard? I guess...

I really want to know how those Moranth get their armor off... >_>

Why is Topper in the imperial warren for months? Just to sneak up on Cowl? Seems a bit far fetched.

Other than that, I did notice that the book felt noticeably different from Erikson's books. I can't quite describe what, but Erikson's read almost like poetry at times. And his characters generally feel more fleshed out. In this book, many characters just seemed to be glossed over even when they are literally in the spotlight. Toc, Ullen, Bala, Ho, are all great examples of this.

The action scenes were on par or even better than Erikson's, I think. Which amazes me. I never thought I'd find action to rival what I read in Toll.

All in all, I felt this book was much better than Night of Knives, and I definitely look forward to seeing what ICE does with Greymane, Iron Bars, Kyle, and co. in Stonewielder.

Maybe spoiler for Bauchelain books?
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Furion: 04 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath,
to spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.
May you shelter in the palm of the Creator"s hand, and may the last embrace of the Mother welcome you home.

#2 User is offline   beru 

• shy guy
  • Interests:gaming (strategy/tactic first persons)<br />reading<br />swiming

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

see 'byss thread on RotCG

it answer much
i want to see this world where T'lan imass kneels

#3 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

and the huntress is a jaghut who escaped her captivity near letheras in MT. her ritual trapped hannan mosags demon. the last we see of her is in RG, coming to repair the ritual, but instead having a drink with ursto hoobutt and pinosel, who got the demons name from brys, meaning the huntress isn't needed.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users