Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about Heuk?

#1 User is offline   Gratillonius 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:06 AM

Who is this god of Night Heuk speaks of? I undestood Night had a Goddess not a God, Mother Dark, and she wouldn't return until after what happens in Toll the Hounds. So who is the one coming? Who is this phantom Tiste Andii that Nait sees?

#2 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:16 AM

Mother Dark is the Goddess of Dark, not Night.

What we see is parts of Draconusses Soul emanating through Dragnipur, as foreboding his inevitable escape
...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:43 AM

Imperial High Mage Tayschrenn, on 13 April 2010 - 07:16 AM, said:

What we see is parts of Draconusses Soul emanating through Dragnipur, as foreboding his inevitable escape

This is not a fact. This is the just the most likely scenario the forum has come up with. In reality it could be any kind of so far unseen or unheard of Andii asncendant or some other entity connected with darkness or night. Hell, it could even be Mother Dark, manifesting in a male shape.

#4 User is offline   Jorram 

• High Fist

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:50 AM

Or the long since gone Anomander's twin...

#5 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:03 AM

Aptorian, on 13 April 2010 - 07:43 AM, said:

Imperial High Mage Tayschrenn, on 13 April 2010 - 07:16 AM, said:

This is not a fact. This is the just the most likely scenario the forum has come up with. In reality it could be any kind of so far unseen or unheard of Andii asncendant or some other entity connected with darkness or night. Hell, it could even be Mother Dark, manifesting in a male shape.

This is technically true, but there are other events in RotCG predicting the "return of Night" that more directly refer to Draconus, and there's the obvious link of the Draconus' darkness-vortex (much speculated to be an early form of Dragnipur) that appears with Draconus in the prologue and with the fellow who appears beside Heuk.

By the way, Nait only bases the "Tiste Andii" bit on the figure having very dark skin - Nait has never seen a TA and doesn't know what they actually look like beyond very dark skin.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#6 User is offline   Jorram 

• High Fist

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:22 AM

He would've noticed the beard that Paran saw on Draconus in MoI. However it is true that he can easily change forms, being an Elder God and all.

And then there is the thing that Heuk's magicks involved massive amounts of blood. It reeks of Elder God-ness all the way. Add to that the vortex thingy and indeed the options narrow down to him.

This post has been edited by Jorram: 15 April 2010 - 04:23 AM

#7 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:30 AM

They call Draconus the Suzerain of Night, don't they?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#8 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:34 AM

[quote name='D'rek' date='15 April 2010 - 05:03 AM' timestamp='1271304181' post='751348']
[quote name='Aptorian' date='13 April 2010 - 03:43 AM' timestamp='1271144600' post='750536']
[quote name='Imperial High Mage Tayschrenn' date='13 April 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1271142980' post='750527']
[/quote]

By the way, Nait only bases the "Tiste Andii" bit on the figure having very dark skin - Nait has never seen a TA and doesn't know what they actually look like beyond very dark skin.
[/quote]

Draconus has had the Tiste Andii appearance before (back during his Kharkanas days) so Nait actually seeing a Tiste Andii does not change anything, It might very well be that Draconus default shape is Tiste Andii.
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#9 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

and shapechanging isn't that hard, have you ever reread the passage concerning Osserc in both HoC and RotCG
...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#10 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

Also, he clearly hears the sounds of chains creaking and wheels turning.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#11 User is offline   Corabb Bhilan Thenu'alas 

• Chosen by Oponn, Beloved of the Lady

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

I remember reading Heuk saying that his "god has returned" so that convinces me its Draco who he worships, as to who the figure was standing vigil over Heuk, I'd bet that was Draconus too, or at least a manifestation of him, just like Keruli was a limited manifestation of K'rul.
"Ah, she has roe. Delicious."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users