• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

compass please- part 2

#1 User is offline   haroos 

• High Fist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

where did the fight scene of kallor and ereko, traveller happen ?

it supposed to be in jacuroko, but ereko tells kallor the tounge is taliant where they are, how is that possible in a whole other continant ?

btw, dassem's line about settling an isse with kallor for an old friend, related to whiskyjack i assume ?
how did he find out about the circumstances surrounding the death of whiskyjack ?

This post has been edited by haroos: 05 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

#2 User is offline   Jorram 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

View Postharoos, on 05 April 2010 - 06:02 PM, said:

where did the fight scene of kallor and ereko, traveller happen ?

it supposed to be in jacuroko, but ereko tells kallor the tounge is taliant where they are, how is that possible in a whole other continant ?

btw, dassem's line about settling an isse with kallor for an old friend, related to whiskyjack i assume ?
how did he find out about the circumstances surrounding the death of whiskyjack ?

he's a damn god, dude :p thats how
also, it could be just esslemontism

I think the Talian reference is about the Crimson Guard population (the ones led by Skinner) who used to live on Jacuruku, pledging loyalty to Ardata

#3 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

jacuruku isn't actually that far from quon tali, i'm sure that there are trade routes connecting them. the main issue with jacuruku is which side of korel/stratem its on. it should be on the east side but apparently on SE's map its on the west side which makes no sense. for a full debate on its placement see the world map thread in DoD forum.

about dassem knowing about WJ. we have no idea where traveller has been, err, travelling. he could have got the information from anywhere. also, as dessembrae, he has followers on genebackis who might have informed him
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#4 User is offline   Harvester 

• Evil Baron Kitty of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:09 AM

Maybe it's both on the eastern and on the western side of Korel... could be that Korel is situated in a massive bay.
Okay that's probably :p

#5 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:00 AM

re the Talian thing - when they are further south along Jacuruku they meet Jhest who talks to them in Talian. He notes that he learned the tongue because it was what was spoken by a mercenary army hired by a neighboring nation not so long ago (the Crimson Guard).

If they also speak Talian with Kallor, well it makes sense - Traveller, Ereko, Kyle and the Lost brothers would already be speaking Talian as it is their common tongue and Kallor knows it so when they start talking to Kallor in Talian he'd presumably reply in the same.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#6 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:05 AM

Yea D'rek has the right of it. Ereko wasn't saying that Talian was the proper language of the country they were in, he was stating that the group of people there spoke Talian to each other because it was a language that they all had in common.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users