• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan BBQ The Fourth Rate Topic: -----

#321 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

I've said I'll pick Mezla up from the station after 12.30pm, when she tells me what time her train is, that's when I'll be getting to the station. I'll have 2, or 3 (at a push) spares seats back to Cambourne. Once I know what time Mezla's train comes in I'd suggest you all co-ordinate with that.
I AM A TWAT

#322 User is offline   Giles 

• Demon of the inn
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Martial arts and Metal music

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

Should still be making this, barring somehow getting a job before then and having to work. Think il be up in lancaster now though so unsure when il turn up time wise. Will check the train times now.
"Hollow. My name is Kurosaki Ichigo. You killed my mother. Bankai."

#323 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:03 PM

[quote name='Fid' date='29 June 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1277842413' post='774962']
[quote name='alt146' date='29 June 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1277829147' post='774910']
[quote name='Fid' date='29 June 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1277815527' post='774858']
Looks as if I have been co-opted as "flam-ista" to help out Mal.... or maybe that should be braaista given some of the attendees. Though I am sure that Mal and I will be quite happy to facilitate anyone wishing to personally supervise the flaming of their own wors, however any other flaming is entirely at your own risk - especially if being aimed at Cougar.

See you all a week Saturday.
[/quote]

I hope you realise that braai is serious business. It's more than just taking a barbeque and calling it a funny name. There are intricate customs and traditions. People practice for years to become true braai masters. Pathos, you better check that the rules are followed, there are standards to these things

[quote]

RULES OF BRAAING

1. Go to a bit of trouble when purchasing your meat. A Braai is a serious thing, so approach your purchases in the same way. In the old days, your butcher was just about family. You saw him a lot more than your Doctor. Today, things are a lot simpler and impersonal. Fridges have replaced faces, with the result that the younger generation no longer recognises good meat. If meat is packed properly, then it looks good enough to Braai. Krap! So, if you don't know what good meat is, ask your butcher! Pick 'n Pay's meat is krap.

[/quote]

:p

Well you would struggle to find any Pick 'n Pay around Cambourne - so that is OK, though the local Morrison is probably no better. My preference was always to get my meat from Benmore Meat in Benmore Gardens - I now weep at the thought of rib eye steak at R29 a kilo... However decent meat is still to be had - my current favourite cut is skirt - marinaded for at least 12 hours - and I managed to get some from Waitrose the other week. And while we wait for Mal's coals to acquire the right temperature, then hopefully Mr & Mrs Paleman will oblige once again with the biltong and driewors, to make Pathos feel right at home.
[/quote]

Sorry, just copied and pasted the rules, didn't realise how much might get lost in translation (sorry Sombra :p)

You got steak at R29 a kilo? It's closer to R75 now days. Funnily enough, my butcher is actually (very extended) family, and makes the best biltong ever :p If the BBQ was closer to Pathos arriving in the UK, rather than just before he left I would have sent some over with him. As it stands it would have dried out/gotten eaten by now though.

This post has been edited by alt146: 30 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#324 User is offline   Dutch 

• Bridgeburner
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen, American Football, Quick Ben

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:34 PM

Hetan, on 30 June 2010 - 07:41 AM, said:

So - station run -

Mr & Mrs Paleman
Macros
Sir T
Toby
Baudin
Mezla

Dutch Master of the Deck? - are we picking you up at the station?

Illy - may or may not be coming?

Imperial Historian - possibly making his own way from Cambridge.
Dag - possibly making her own way from Cambridge.

Cougar and Stone Monkey arriving by car
Fid - ditto
Pathos - ditto
Brood - ditto

Morgy and Anomander - staying with us on Friday night

Anyone I've forgotten?

Yes, trying to figure out now wich train to take.

Planning to take the Easyjet flight wich arrives at 10:10 UK time, July 10th at London Gatwaick and taking the return flight that leaves at 19:00 UK time, July 11th.

Just wondering something, according to googlemaps going by car from London Gatwick towards Cambridge takes about 1,5 hour, but going by train takes over 2 hours according to National Rail Enquiries?
Sappers have a saying, he muttered. "Wide eyed stupid"

#325 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

Actually going by car from Gatwick to Cambridge takes about 2.5 hours.
The traffic can be terrible on the M25 - although it's a Saturday and will be lighter.

edit : ok a revised time from someone who does the trip says 1.45 - 2 hours :p
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#326 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

Train from Gatwick to Victoria = 30mins, tube for Victoria to Kings Cross (plus changeover) = 30mins, train to Cambridge = 30mins.

So, even with my shocking maths, I'd say an hour and a half by train, two hours at the outside if you have troubles.

#327 User is offline   pathos 

• Captain
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

[quote name='alt146' date='30 June 2010 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1277910236' post='775115']
[quote name='Fid' date='29 June 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1277842413' post='774962']
[quote name='alt146' date='29 June 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1277829147' post='774910']
[quote name='Fid' date='29 June 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1277815527' post='774858']
Looks as if I have been co-opted as "flam-ista" to help out Mal.... or maybe that should be braaista given some of the attendees. Though I am sure that Mal and I will be quite happy to facilitate anyone wishing to personally supervise the flaming of their own wors, however any other flaming is entirely at your own risk - especially if being aimed at Cougar.

See you all a week Saturday.
[/quote]

I hope you realise that braai is serious business. It's more than just taking a barbeque and calling it a funny name. There are intricate customs and traditions. People practice for years to become true braai masters. Pathos, you better check that the rules are followed, there are standards to these things

[quote]

RULES OF BRAAING

1. Go to a bit of trouble when purchasing your meat. A Braai is a serious thing, so approach your purchases in the same way. In the old days, your butcher was just about family. You saw him a lot more than your Doctor. Today, things are a lot simpler and impersonal. Fridges have replaced faces, with the result that the younger generation no longer recognises good meat. If meat is packed properly, then it looks good enough to Braai. Krap! So, if you don't know what good meat is, ask your butcher! Pick 'n Pay's meat is krap.

[/quote]

Well you would struggle to find any Pick 'n Pay around Cambourne - so that is OK, though the local Morrison is probably no better. My preference was always to get my meat from Benmore Meat in Benmore Gardens - I now weep at the thought of rib eye steak at R29 a kilo... However decent meat is still to be had - my current favourite cut is skirt - marinaded for at least 12 hours - and I managed to get some from Waitrose the other week. And while we wait for Mal's coals to acquire the right temperature, then hopefully Mr & Mrs Paleman will oblige once again with the biltong and driewors, to make Pathos feel right at home.
[/quote]

Sorry, just copied and pasted the rules, didn't realise how much might get lost in translation (sorry Sombra )

You got steak at R29 a kilo? It's closer to R75 now days. Funnily enough, my butcher is actually (very extended) family, and makes the best biltong ever If the BBQ was closer to Pathos arriving in the UK, rather than just before he left I would have sent some over with him. As it stands it would have dried out/gotten eaten by now though.
[/quote]

guy even if it was like 30 mins after i arrived it would have gotten eaten...
You never have the same problem twice when you set it on fire

#328 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:39 PM

Yeah, I was hoping to find some space on a floor somewhere if possible. I'll coordinate with Toby since we're close by...

ST
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#329 User is offline   Dutch 

• Bridgeburner
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen, American Football, Quick Ben

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

I'm affraid that I've got to cancel, some family business came up and I don't feel like traveling now for the moment.

Just heard that one of my nieces had a terrible accident yesterday evening and that she's lying in a coma now at the hospital.

So I want to stay close to home if anything changes in her situation, I hope that you guys don't mind in such a short notice, was really looking forward to come and was planning to book the flight tomorrow.
Sappers have a saying, he muttered. "Wide eyed stupid"

#330 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

So sorry to hear your news.
I hope your niece recovers and of course we understand that you will want to be close to home.

Perhaps another year. My best wishes to your family.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#331 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

Cougar, on 30 June 2010 - 12:38 PM, said:

I've said I'll pick Mezla up from the station after 12.30pm, when she tells me what time her train is, that's when I'll be getting to the station. I'll have 2, or 3 (at a push) spares seats back to Cambourne. Once I know what time Mezla's train comes in I'd suggest you all co-ordinate with that.

I'll be on the 11:45 from Kings Cross. Gets to Cambridge at 12:31 if anybody wants to co-ordinate with me. Ta Coogs.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#332 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

in the morning?

are
you
for
real

#333 User is offline   pathos 

• Captain

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

Mezla PigDog, on 02 July 2010 - 06:03 PM, said:

Cougar, on 30 June 2010 - 12:38 PM, said:

I'll be on the 11:45 from Kings Cross. Gets to Cambridge at 12:31 if anybody wants to co-ordinate with me. Ta Coogs.

does that mean you'l be drinking from like 1? i hope you bought the dog a swimming costume hetan;)

#334 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that I am a responsible adult and will not be drinking too much this year!!!

Mac - You could always co-ordinate an irresponsible adult pick up time with some of the others. I won't get to see the Manky Malazites much anymore so I want to get there in plenty of time.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#335 User is offline   pathos 

• Captain

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

Mezla PigDog, on 02 July 2010 - 06:53 PM, said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that I am a responsible adult and will not be drinking too much this year!!!

Mac - You could always co-ordinate an irresponsible adult pick up time with some of the others. I won't get to see the Manky Malazites much anymore so I want to get there in plenty of time.

wow those exclamation marks look serious...sorry?

#336 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:44 PM

I'm sure I could struggle off the sofa for that time, toby and the sexually transmitted one might not be meeting at kings cross so i'll likely be there to meet you
brutal hangover is optional

#337 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:28 PM

OK, I mentioned I was going to Cambridge to a friend of mine in Bedford and basically she wants to pay for me to go from there to Bedford and then back to Plymouth from Bedford on something like the Tuesday, so I only have to sort out train tickets from Plym to King's Cross then Cambridge. So me coming is looking good so far. I'm off to ring her and find out what time on Sat it's good for me to leave for Fedbord.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#338 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

so the illy chicken challenge is on
this is what you're telling us

#339 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

Yes. Time to rock out with your cockerels in, er, in your stomach.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#340 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

worst euphemism ever

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

49 User(s) are reading this topic