• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan BBQ The Fourth Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

View PostAnomander, on 03 March 2010 - 03:52 PM, said:

Barring unforeseen circumstances I'm in. :veryangry: My inheritence is FINALLY coming through in April and this seems like a pretty worthy trip to spend some of it on.

If anyone has suggestions on the best airline for Canada->England flights I would appreciate it. I've never planned a solo trip abroad... so exciting and nerve wracking! :p

This deserves a 'Hell yeah!!'
When you say best airline, do you mean cheapest, or least likely to ditch you somewhere in the arctic circle?
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#22 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

Cheapest without ditching me in the arctic. I'm also only planning on bringing a carry-on so no worries about airlines that tend to lose luggage.
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#23 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

I dont know about cheapest but I've always had a good experience with Air Canada :veryangry:

#24 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

View PostAnomander, on 03 March 2010 - 03:52 PM, said:

Barring unforeseen circumstances I'm in. :veryangry: My inheritence is FINALLY coming through in April and this seems like a pretty worthy trip to spend some of it on.

If anyone has suggestions on the best airline for Canada->England flights I would appreciate it. I've never planned a solo trip abroad... so exciting and nerve wracking! :p

WOOHOO! Awesomeness, it would be great to see you!

Virgin Atlantic are a good company to fly with though probably more expensive than Air Canada or maybe BA... Shops around with the big airlines and see what you can find!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#25 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 March 2010 - 03:40 PM, said:

I'm in, should be a bit easier getting a train there this time rather than flying from holland.

You got a lift from Manchester last time you whippersnapper and you didn't have the magical mystery tour of a return journey that Brood had to endure.
I AM A TWAT

#26 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:01 PM

Depends on whether the train services were charging more for my beard or not. For the moment though, I'm tentatively in. Much like I was with your mother last night.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#27 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

View PostCougar, on 03 March 2010 - 04:56 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 March 2010 - 03:40 PM, said:

I'm in, should be a bit easier getting a train there this time rather than flying from holland.

You got a lift from Manchester last time you whippersnapper and you didn't have the magical mystery tour of a return journey that Brood had to endure.

Oh, that was fun. Still, at least I had Monty's defiant ashes innings to distract me from the sleeping and the puking. Mind you, still appreciated the lift though!!

@Mezla - of course, I would do it for free, just for you :veryangry:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#28 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

yes but I had to fly from Holland first! I'm torn between being grateful I missed the magical mystery tour experience, and sad that I missed the chance to gloat from my alcohol free moral superiority :veryangry:

#29 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

There was no gloating. Only mind-numbing terror as we sped along the motorway half asleep :veryangry: Go red bull!

#30 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

I will be driving this time, can pick people up from places vaguely on route like Illy if he can get himself to Bath again or something... Note, Bristol Parkway is easier to make it to then Bath, cos the centre of Bath is awful to get around... :veryangry:
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#31 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

should be able to make it, might reign in the drinking a little on the second day given my glass thieving attempts last year.

put me down as a most likely, can make it a trip to london town to see my sister as well, same as last year, so expect a heavy hangover to be in evidence once more

#32 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

And a missing bag
I AM A TWAT

#33 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

that was due to the previous days drinking, lost in that particular escapade was mal and hetans awesome tacky guiness paraphernalia .

#34 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

Unless something unforeseeable happens at work, count me in! :veryangry: (And even if something unforeseeable DOES happen at work... still count me in. What the hell do I have my poodles for...? :p)

This post has been edited by Dag: 03 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#35 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

I want to. So much.

Ano, if you need any tips or advice on the Brit trip, PM me. I'm in the know! Air Transat was the airline I used to get to the UK and it was dirt cheap compared to Air Canada.

#36 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

In it to win it. And this time I can definitely make it... Probably...
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#37 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

Will do Rodeo! I'll be doing most of the planning in a month or so, expect a PM around then. :veryangry:

Out of curiousity how far is it from London to Cambridge?
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#38 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

It's approx 50 miles... Or 80 km, if you prefer the continental style...
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#39 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

Brit Rail.

Learn to love it.

#40 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

I'm in, if there was any doubt. I'll try not to let the Steven Seagal drinking game beat me this time.

And of course, Akevitt for everyone!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users