Malazan Empire: The game I bought today is... - Malazan Empire

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I bought today is... Bought any games recently? Share your excitement with us.

#221 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

took a while to find this thread

been meaning to buy Saints Row 2 for a while now.

and now it's on GamersGate for under 5 bucks this weekend!
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#222 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

Whoa. No-one posted in this thread for almost a year?!! I guess the 'Ye Big Videogames' thread must have been its substitute or something. O.o

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#223 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

HoMM III Complete with download package online. No more fucking around with the computer!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#224 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostMentalist, on 18 May 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Careful, even now that there are official and fan patches floating around, there's still a more than decent chance that it simply won't run at more than 5fps on your computer. Shame, I wish I could've played it, but I eventually just had to give up on it.

Also, bought EYE: Divine Cybermancy. Anything this utterly insane and ambitious deserves my Ł5.

#225 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostPOOPOO MCBUMFACE, on 19 May 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 18 May 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Careful, even now that there are official and fan patches floating around, there's still a more than decent chance that it simply won't run at more than 5fps on your computer. Shame, I wish I could've played it, but I eventually just had to give up on it.

Also, bought EYE: Divine Cybermancy. Anything this utterly insane and ambitious deserves my £5.

This.
I bought it launch day for 20 bucks, and not regretting it. It's an awesome way to enjoy mindless fun with exceptional gunplay. I jump into it every so often, grinding out a few levels here and there to this day.

There's also a major patch coming soon.

EDIT: RE SR2. I heard the "Gentlemen of the Row" mod fixed most of its issues.
I'll give it a spin on my gaming rig, and if it's terrible, I'll try let people know.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 19 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

#226 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

For SR2 you may find that the game actually runs too fast.
Which can be really fun, especially when trying to drive through traffic in one of the fast cars with pedal to the metal :p
Sometimes it can be annoying though. If it is an issue, download a program called Cheat Engine. Install, run, click on glowing box top left and pick the SR2.exe. then you can adjust the game's run speed. I think about 75% is right.

Silencer, I imagine the "What games are you playing now" thread didn't help. A lot of people will be playing the game they just bought.

EYE is an awesome and fantastic game :D
Need to get around to finishing it. Whenever I play it I usually do a level, which takes a while. Then re-do it with various side missions a couple of times :D

Most recent game I bought was Arkham City on a steam sale, haven't installed it yet, finishing up some other games first :p
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#227 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

I bought 'The Witcher 2.'

So far all I can say is, great intro. Also, nice map and book that came with it.

I had a bit of trouble loading it... sometimes I get an 'unreadable disc' error message, on a clean disc straight from the box. But not all the time - it seems to load on booting up, but not if I've returned to the home page. I looked it up, and it seems like a new update on the 360 makes some consoles unable to read certain new games, giving an unreadable disc error message. Anyone else know anything about this?

I might just have a dodgy disc, but if it's an update compatability issue I'd prefer to know before I've played it for 30 hours!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#228 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostTraveller, on 20 May 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

So far all I can say is, great intro. Also, nice map and book that came with it.

I had a bit of trouble loading it... sometimes I get an 'unreadable disc' error message, on a clean disc straight from the box. But not all the time - it seems to load on booting up, but not if I've returned to the home page. I looked it up, and it seems like a new update on the 360 makes some consoles unable to read certain new games, giving an unreadable disc error message. Anyone else know anything about this?

I might just have a dodgy disc, but if it's an update compatability issue I'd prefer to know before I've played it for 30 hours!

Can't you just add it to Steam?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#229 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostTapper, on 22 May 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

Steam is just for pc games though, right?

It seems to be working most of the time - it's possible that there's a tiny crack around the centre, where I took it out of the box.

I am just loving this so far, and I've hardly done anything. The battle setting is a great start, and I like the way it looks like it has a proper story, rather than the story tacked on as an afterthought.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#230 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostTraveller, on 22 May 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 22 May 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

Steam is just for pc games though, right?

It seems to be working most of the time - it's possible that there's a tiny crack around the centre, where I took it out of the box.

I am just loving this so far, and I've hardly done anything. The battle setting is a great start, and I like the way it looks like it has a proper story, rather than the story tacked on as an afterthought.

I read clean disc, assumed you meant Install and thus assumed PC, my bad.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 23 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#231 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

I just bought prototype.

Good lord! What the hell is going on?
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#232 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

The first one? I never finished it but it was a lot of fun. Make sure to track down and consume as many of the "conspiracy" people as possible. They reveal the true meat of the story. There was some pretty gnarly shit going on behind the scenes.

#233 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

yes, its the first one! Im loving this game! I have to say the reviews do not do this game justice. I remember playing a spidey game once. If you could, a cupcake make, from that spidey game lumped together with the free running from assasins creed, threw in a little smiting from god of war and then sprinkled some resident evil in for good measure, this game would crap on that cupcake!!!

I am a little power drunk right now. Forgive me, i just leapt from a 40 meter building, through a helicopter and into a cluster of tanks. Then i walked away with a bit of a two step. RAWRRR!!!
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#234 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

Humble Indie Bundle V: Pay what you want for Psychonauts, LIMBO, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Bastion, and each game's soundtrack
No Touchy.

#235 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

Aye, I'm picking that bundle up when I get home.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#236 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Got it yesterday.

For a while now I've avoided Amnesia on the grounds that I had enough games. Now I own it, I'm actually going to have to admit I was too scared, grow some balls and play it :lol:
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#237 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

CRUSADER KINGS II 75% OFF ON STEAM!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#238 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

GOG.com is finally holding a Sqeenix Weekend sale.

Thief trilogy, Hitman 1+2, Legacy of Kain games, Deus Ex + IW, and Tomb Raider games. all 50% off (so, like 4 bucks each).

hell, yes.

#239 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Turns out I have three games on Steam waiting to be given away. Who wants Civilization V, Halflife 2 (with Lost Coast) and Frozen Synapse?
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#240 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

I would very much like Civilization 5 to be perfectly honest...

ah, but wait. A quick check of the requirements tells me I need a new laptop first. Bah.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users