Malazan Empire: The game I bought today is... - Malazan Empire

• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I bought today is... Bought any games recently? Share your excitement with us.

#801 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:57 PM

Maark Abbott, on 02 December 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Serenity, on 19 November 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

I've gone a bit mad (or should I say madder?) and splurged on physical editions of Dead Cells, Darkest Dungeon and Hollow Knight for Switch - all games I already played digitally but decided I wanted them on the shelf while they're still available, I like them that much. Darkest Dungeon is the Signature Edition, which is actually a Christmas gift (so no opening that for a month), along with the Signature Edition of Children of Morta. Also got Moonlighter on the way.

Isn't Jefuty a recruitable character in DD?

Not in the game I played. A mod, maybe?

#802 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

Serenity, on 04 December 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

I've gone a bit mad (or should I say madder?) and splurged on physical editions of Dead Cells, Darkest Dungeon and Hollow Knight for Switch - all games I already played digitally but decided I wanted them on the shelf while they're still available, I like them that much. Darkest Dungeon is the Signature Edition, which is actually a Christmas gift (so no opening that for a month), along with the Signature Edition of Children of Morta. Also got Moonlighter on the way.

Or an expansion perhaps, she's the main character in Codename: Bakery Girl and I know Yuzhong is a fan of that because right now in GFL we have a Darkest Dungeon theme costume gacha.
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#803 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:48 PM

The reviews for the new Darksiders are out, and it's pretty good.

Pre-ordered on GOG, gotta play this over the weekend before I go and rebuild my PC with all the Black Friday shinies.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#804 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:44 AM

Maark Abbott, on 04 December 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Or an expansion perhaps, she's the main character in Codename: Bakery Girl and I know Yuzhong is a fan of that because right now in GFL we have a Darkest Dungeon theme costume gacha.

I can't see anything about it, not in the expansions anyway. Perhaps she's going to be in Darkest Dungeon 2?

#805 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:40 PM

Serenity, on 05 December 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Maark Abbott, on 04 December 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

I can't see anything about it, not in the expansions anyway. Perhaps she's going to be in Darkest Dungeon 2?

Maybe, MICA are remastering CBG (as Reverse Collapse: Code Name Bakery) so it might coincide with that.
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

#806 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:55 AM

Just bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance at 50% off. Should give this a proper look!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#807 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:30 AM

Gothos, on 22 December 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

Just bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance at 50% off. Should give this a proper look!

Ah man I love that game. Henry!

The landscape is a real region of European
countryside, and the clothing mechanic with the weight/noise and appearance (clean, dirty, battered, pristine) affecting how you're treated was there before RDR2 got on board, and is the best example I've played.

When taking out four bandits in an ambush actually feels like taking out four people - if they don't get you, you end up muddied and bruised and needing medical attention. And a bath.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 December 2019 - 11:31 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#808 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:03 PM

Moody Polish bloke wondering around killing people I can see why you would like it. ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#809 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:43 AM

Traveller, on 22 December 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Ah man I love that game. Henry!

The landscape is a real region of European
countryside, and the clothing mechanic with the weight/noise and appearance (clean, dirty, battered, pristine) affecting how you're treated was there before RDR2 got on board, and is the best example I've played.

When taking out four bandits in an ambush actually feels like taking out four people - if they don't get you, you end up muddied and bruised and needing medical attention. And a bath.

Aye, expecting great things from it. On the other hand, I kinda got bogged down in another game for the forseeable future, so this is on the shelf for now. Definitely gonna have a go, tho!

Tiste Simeon, on 22 December 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

Moody Polish bloke wondering around killing people I can see why you would like it. ;)

Thought they were Czech? ;)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#810 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:04 PM

*mumbling* ...para vol.1

#811 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:41 AM

I got Thronebreaker for Switch. Got it GOG when it originally came out but think I'll play it more on handheld.

#812 User is offline   Beaver Killia 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:30 AM

Ok downloading Tales of Bersia now. 75% off so fuck it. Havenít played a Tales game since Symphonia on Game Cube.

Is Code Vein any good? It looks interesting!

Will be getting Nier tomorrow. Gotta go get some cards to put on account.

What about Trails of Cold Steel series? Any good???!! I hear good things but that is on 17th Shard a younger forum. Iíd like to hear from yíall more mature cockknockers.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#813 User is offline   Beaver Killia 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:46 PM

Just bought Nier.

Will likely be spending another $107+ tax soon for Cold Steel 1-3.

WHEN THE FUCK WILL I GET TIME TO PLAY THESE!?

#814 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

The Trails series is brilliant. Very, very long, though, especially if you play them in order and play the Sky games first.

#815 User is offline   Beaver Killia 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:11 PM

Serenity, on 25 February 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

The Trails series is brilliant. Very, very long, though, especially if you play them in order and play the Sky games first.

?

#816 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

Beaver Killia, on 25 February 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

Serenity, on 25 February 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

?

I believe that Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky series are set in the same world.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 25 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#817 User is offline   Beaver Killia 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:53 AM

Hmm I donít think they are on the sale list. Will look next time I get a chance.

#818 User is offline   Beaver Killia 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:09 AM

Yep not up at all on PS store on PS4. Hmm I wonder about PS3?

Iíd buy it there if I knew for sure PS5 is gonna be completely BC across the board. If it is my PS3 is getting traded in.

1&2 are on it

This post has been edited by Beaver Killia: 26 February 2020 - 06:14 AM

#819 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:52 AM

There are nine games in the Trails series, more than that actually, but the original trilogy probably isn't worth seeking out. The main story/world building really starts with the Trails in the Sky trilogy. The Cold Steel games are the third story arc in the current setting. In order they're the Trails in the Sky arc (3 games), the Crossbell arc (2 games), and the Cold Steel arc (4 games). They all take place in the same world and the stories are linked, but you can get away with playing Cold Steel without having played the previous ones, although you'll miss out on some detail, significance of characters etc. Nothing too major, so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you really love Cold Steel. They are loooooong games, around 60 to 100 hours each, and there's a lot of text.

You won't find the Sky or Crossbell games on PS3/4. They're on PC or PSP/PS Vita or emulator. The Crossbell games are only available in the West via fan translations.

#820 User is offline   Beaver Killia 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted Today, 04:35 AM

Bought Cold Steel 1&2. Will get 3 after another card for account.

This sale will have seen me spending a few dollars before the end. No way I ll get to this stuff all before end of cycle. Sooo really hoping everything transfers over seamlessly to 5 this holiday season.

Share this topic:

• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users