Malazan Empire: The game I bought today is... - Malazan Empire

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I bought today is... Bought any games recently? Share your excitement with us.

#801 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:07 PM

Waiting on the Steam sale to start in about one hour.

Primarily to do some price comparisons. Money's a bit tight atm, so all I'm really eyeing this season is Death Stranding. And GMG has a nice flash deal for 32 CAD. If Steam can't beat that price, gonna just grab it, and then put the BF sales on ignore. I picked up a replacement mouse and earbuds,but not really looking at hardware this year, I'm in a good place for my game library with my current setup
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#802 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:44 PM

View PostMentalist, on 25 November 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

Primarily to do some price comparisons. Money's a bit tight atm, so all I'm really eyeing this season is Death Stranding. And GMG has a nice flash deal for 32 CAD. If Steam can't beat that price, gonna just grab it, and then put the BF sales on ignore. I picked up a replacement mouse and earbuds,but not really looking at hardware this year, I'm in a good place for my game library with my current setup

I'm waiting for the Steam sale as well, in anticipation of owning a PC in the near future.

Does the store still get crushed by the load of all the people rushing in to check the sale?

#803 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:28 PM

View PostIncredible Aptorian, on 25 November 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 25 November 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

I'm waiting for the Steam sale as well, in anticipation of owning a PC in the near future.

Does the store still get crushed by the load of all the people rushing in to check the sale?

Shockingly enough, I was able to pull up my wishlist on my phone app.
That doesn't usually happen.

Doom Eternal is 67% off.

Death Stranding is 50%, but GMG flash deal is better, @ 60% off.

Base Mortal Kombat 11 is on a good sale... but the Ultimate edition isn't, so I'll pass.

#804 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:54 PM

I noticed the Mortal Kombat sale as well. Think I'll wait a year for the ultimate version to be at the same price.

#805 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:01 PM

View PostIncredible Aptorian, on 25 November 2020 - 06:54 PM, said:

I noticed the Mortal Kombat sale as well. Think I'll wait a year for the ultimate version to be at the same price.

NetherRealm games tend to eventually end up at really good price for the Ultimate editions on Humble. It just takes a while.

Since I still gotta play Prey (2006) and then DOOM 4, I think I'll pass on Eternal for now, actually. I can always grab in in the Xmas sale, or even the late Jan Lunar New Year sale.

Grabbed Death Stranding, and I might grab a few smaller titles on Steam or GOG b4 end of the week, depending what's good. Giving myself a spending cap now, cuz I need to bank some money for some upcoming expense.

EDIT: I was gonna try to spend less money.... and then GOG went and released all the Arkham games for 5 bucks a piece.

Since this is probably my favourite "modern AAA" series, I can't say no to that type of deal.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 27 November 2020 - 05:40 PM

#806 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 November 2020 - 04:21 PM

View PostIncredible Aptorian, on 25 November 2020 - 12:18 PM, said:

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game so I am kind of hesitant at trying out Hyrule Warriors 2. I might want to play the first one to begin with but Switch prices are ridiculous.

I only got this one because it's a prequel story to BotW, tbh. The first one doesn't interest me so much.

#807 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:52 AM

Okay turds, time to gloat. What Black Friday-to-Cyber Monday steals did you get your filthy, cheeto stained fingers on? Humble brag about what you added to your pile of to-be-played games.

#808 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:04 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 01 December 2020 - 04:52 AM, said:

Okay turds, time to gloat. What Black Friday-to-Cyber Monday steals did you get your filthy, cheeto stained fingers on? Humble brag about what you added to your pile of to-be-played games.

A few odds and ends on GOG, a trio of platformers/metroidavnias on Steam under 10 bucks each; re-bought the Arkham games on GOG, and picked up Death Stranding for steam at 60% off.

Compared to the last 2 years, virtually nothing.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 01 December 2020 - 05:05 AM

#809 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 06 December 2020 - 11:13 AM

Phoenix Point Year One Edition, 50% off on Steam. I was a backer for this when it was first announced but got a refund when they made it an Epic exclusive. Glad I waited, now, as it's very polished after an apparently shaky launch.

#810 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:40 PM

View PostSerenity, on 06 December 2020 - 11:13 AM, said:

Phoenix Point Year One Edition, 50% off on Steam. I was a backer for this when it was first announced but got a refund when they made it an Epic exclusive. Glad I waited, now, as it's very polished after an apparently shaky launch.

Grabbed it on GOG, along with the souls-like prequel to Remnant: from the Ashes called Chronos: Before the Ashes. It was originally released as a VR game, but now it's a mory typical 3rd person soulslike, with the gimmick being, you age 1 year for each death, thus making your stats diminish eventually.

Waiting for Morbid to patch in keyboard rebinds, but prolly gonna grab that tomorrow before the GMG promo expires, and then I should be clear for December until the Boxing week sales hit.

#811 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:05 PM

Picked up Gears Tactics in Steam's Midweek Madness sale.

#812 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 December 2020 - 08:40 PM

Steam Christmas Sale started.

Weirdest thing this year. I still haven't received a new PC but I thought I'd buy some things anyway. I did buy a handful of games but I ended up scrolling down my wishlist and realising I either didn't remember why I put the game on the list or I'd lost any interest in playing the game over the past few years. Ended up removing damn near 200 games from the list and could probably, realistically, remove another 50.

#813 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 22 December 2020 - 08:55 PM

Steam sale is okay, nothing crazy.
Might grab a couple 1st person parkour games, and maybe some other small odds and ends.

GOG is teasing some "surprise" before the end of the sales, so I'm curious what else they've got planned. Brigador is a pretty nice freebie, though.

Still waiting for my holiday paycheck to come by mail and sort out my finances before I start spending any serious money.

#814 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 23 December 2020 - 10:23 AM

Quite a few games I want in the Steam/GOG sales but which I could wait for to get cheaper in future sales, cos it's not like I need more games right now :lol: Yakuza: Like A Dragon is tempting me, though, even if it's still £40+

Want to get Cold Steel III, even though I already have it for PS4 and Switch, as I've played I and II on pc.

#815 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 23 December 2020 - 05:46 PM

Picked up a few Metroidvanias/platformers on GOG (Minoria, Cathedral, Freedom Planet), as well as a boss-rush Itta. grabbed a 5 dollar bundle on Fanatical, cuz it had one game I wishlisted, plus a few interestign looking titles; and finally grabbed Ninja Blade from GMG< since they've got a blanket 20% discount, and I don'tthink it'll ever gt cheaper again. (also, I'm tired of it staring at me from top of my Seam wishlist, lol)

at this point, I'm kinda serious about getting thorough my campaign/scenarios backlog in Age of Kings (both versions) and I've been doing a lot of reviews for AoKHeaven (really gunning for that "Official Reviewer" status, lol), so I don't think I should be spending excessively to grow the backlog, since AoK could (and is quite likely to) potentially take up months of my gaming time.

#816 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 December 2020 - 07:10 PM

Okay, these games are free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in January. So, I guess I am technically buying them with my subscription to the service. So appropriate thread for this post?

Anyway here is the rundown.

Maneater. Heard it is pretty dumb, but I remember getting shark x GTA vibes from it when I saw the game trailer back before it was released, so I'll probably grab it. Oops, is this just for PS5 owners? That was unclear to me.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I remember reading some criticisms about this title when it came out that shewed me off of buying it. I've played both Tomb Raider (2013) and Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015). I enjoyed both. I liked the first one a lot. I will grab this final to the trilogy and give it a go. Any you guys have thoughts on this?

Ok, here is where I need most of your guys' advice - Greedfall. I sort of remember people discussing this title here on this forum. Is it worth checking out? I know very little about it.

#817 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:55 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 December 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

Okay, these games are free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in January. So, I guess I am technically buying them with my subscription to the service. So appropriate thread for this post?

Anyway here is the rundown.

Maneater. Heard it is pretty dumb, but I remember getting shark x GTA vibes from it when I saw the game trailer back before it was released, so I'll probably grab it. Oops, is this just for PS5 owners? That was unclear to me.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I remember reading some criticisms about this title when it came out that shewed me off of buying it. I've played both Tomb Raider (2013) and Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015). I enjoyed both. I liked the first one a lot. I will grab this final to the trilogy and give it a go. Any you guys have thoughts on this?

Ok, here is where I need most of your guys' advice - Greedfall. I sort of remember people discussing this title here on this forum. Is it worth checking out? I know very little about it.

GreedFall is a janky bioware-lite with a neat Colonial fantasy setting. Your enjoyment will largely depend on your tolerance for copy-pasted character models & locations, cuz the game is VERY budget title in that regard.
I enjoyed my time with it, it has very little actual filler that's not main quest/faction/companions-related, and I felt it went in some interesting places with its stories. BK couldn't handle the same faces and bailed out pretty early.

Pros: story, characters, setting, combat.
Cons: samey locations, repetitive character models, pretty limited enemy roster. Some quests feel FedEx-ish, but generally have payoff.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 31 December 2020 - 01:58 AM

#818 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 December 2020 - 08:51 AM

If you played and enjoyed the new Tomb Raider games for the exploration and collectible upgrade loop, Shadow is fine. But compared to Rise, which in my opinion may have been the best game of 2015, then Shadow is an incredible let down. It was developed by a different studio and it shows. The premise of the game and story is down right insulting.

#819 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:20 PM

I'll add TR and Greedfall my library, and probably play neither of them, but they're free so why not?

#820 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:55 PM

I recently bought Medieval Dynasty, and today I bought Satisfactory.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users