Malazan Empire: The New Pantheon - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The New Pantheon Speculation about the 'Grandchildren' and the 'House' Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Blueiron 

• Acolyte of Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

was just reading these parts, and it seems that, even as of DoD, the Coins fail- in fact, we never see them in action as coins. Breath/Feather Witch keeps casting them over and over again in the scene where Veed comes, and the results are?

DoD, p630 (same edition as yours, Tehol)

" 'No solutions. No answers. They should be here, in these! These fix everything - everyone knows that! Where is the magic?' "

In the earlier casting, p334, they are still tiles, made of various materials, and, If I Interpret Correctly (this should replace the more common IIRC in Malazan Forums :w00t:) they kept changing material, as though they weren't finalized (and I suspect they weren't)

That said, the magic clearly didn't disappear; Sinn, Grub and Icarium himself use the new warrens agains the K'Chain Nah'Rhuk.

As to a new Pantheon, I agree with Abyss. There may be ascendants, but no one worships them. Thus, no new gods. No gods, no "Pantheon"... yet :p
QBFTW!

#22 User is offline   Silk 

• Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

well Mael did state that Isakr Jarak is a Grandchild so to speak.... named twice and all that ;o)

#23 User is offline   Teblor Tea 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:33 AM

I think Quick Ben gets a new Warren
Fiddler says "he'll one day raise a temple to him" back when Quick sends him munitions after the Azath battle through the Trygalle Trade Guild.
Quick could end up being any of those coins. He could also pull an Icarium as a divided soul and create a bunch of warrens himself if he finds a power source.

Silk's comment makes me think Hood releasing Iskar and the bunch could be what he appologizes to the other Jaghut for.

5 days until Amazon finally sends Crippled God.

#24 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

Im doing a first time reread of the series, and I'm on the first book. I wanted to go back and pick up on many things I either missed or didn't understand. Now that the series is finished, could someone elaborate more on this, the topic of the new warrens. Adhering to spoiler rules, of course.

The new warrens were created when that machine Icarium built in Letheras was used, right? Sinn and Grub have access. Was there anything else mentioned about the new warrens. I can't really remember anything. Were they before the holds, or after the houses? I don't get where the 'coins' for warrens comes into play.

Edit: ok I read over the responses again, and see many things already answered that I didn't notice the first time I read this thread. Still, any updated or further information would be helpful, if any exist. I always thought that Erikson's system of magic was by FAR the best system being described by any book. The man is a genius of creativity.

This post has been edited by Karsa: 14 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#25 User is offline   Aertheron 

• Corporal

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

Tehol, on 26 November 2009 - 09:02 AM, said:

Here is the list again, without all the quotes.

Heads > Chance / Fortune -
Tails > Chance / Misfortune -

Heads > Rule - Rutt
Tails > Ambition - Held

Heads > Life - Saddic
Tails > Death - Silverfox?

Heads > Light - Setoc
Tails > Dark - Absi Kire

Heads > Fire - Sinn
Tails > Water -

Heads > Air -Badalle
Tails > Stone - Grubb

Heads > Fury - Jade Statues
Tails > Starwheel - Eres'al

Heads > Root - The Errant's Eye / Azath
Tails > Ice Haunt - TBA

Heads > Blueiron - Sulkit
Tails > Oblivion - Icarium

Very Nice List there.

Not so sure about the Jade Statues, but who knows, since we know next to nothing about the Jade Statues, it could be right.

As I see it, these "coins" correspond to the warrens that Icarium has created, just like K'rull has created warrens.
I think these Warrens created by Icarium are only going to develop on the Lether Continent, because they are filling the void that was created by the actions of Ghotos.

But who knows how Erikson is going to explain it, if he ever does.

#26 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:25 PM

SPOILER!!!

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Spoilsport Stonny: 02 November 2021 - 04:48 PM

Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#27 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:40 AM

Nope. This thread is for discussing information available up to and including DoD. The vertical order of the book subforums will let you know what’s appropriate to discuss where.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#28 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:48 PM

Cool. Deleting spoiler. I forget all the rules. Too many flame wars on fb.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users