Malazan Empire: Nehemonthanai (SPOILERS for the other Novellas and MoI) - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nehemonthanai (SPOILERS for the other Novellas and MoI)

#1 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:21 AM

From the synopsis:

Hot on their heels are the Nehemothanai, avowed hunters of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach. In the company of a gaggle of artists and pilgrims, stalwart Mortal Sword Tulgord Vise, pious Well Knight Arpo Relent, stern Huntsman Steck Marynd, and three of the redoubtable Chanter brothers (and their lone sister) find themselves faced with the cruelest of choices. The legendary Cracked Pot Trail, a stretch of harsh wasteland between the Gates of Nowhere and the Shrine of the Indifferent God, has become a tortured path of deprivation.

So we now have an official name for all the folks that are following B&KB about - the Nehemonthanai. The first three sound simple enough to me:

-Tulgord Vise is the Mortal Sword of the Sisters from Lamentable Moll, whom we saw in BF.
-Arpo Relent we haven't seen but is a Well Knight, therefore from Quaint and seen in tHD.
-Steck Marynd who was chasing the duo for years before Lamentable Moll (and last seen there in BF).

But then there's the Chanters. We saw them at the very end of LoLE, but there were 14 of them then, instead of 4. They're Jhag, some even with tusks, piloting a ship crewed by undead and with caged beasts. Thing is, they were after Captain Satre, not B&KB. Maybe the other 10 of them are still going after her, but why would some of them go chase down B&KB? (And if you need a refresher, the Chanters were the rulers of Toll City and chasing Sater because she stole a ton of money and the Sech'Kellyn statues from them). So, spculation on why they're in the Nehemonthanai?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:32 AM

View PostD, on 06 November 2009 - 05:21 AM, said:

From the synopsis:

Hot on their heels are the Nehemothanai, avowed hunters of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach. In the company of a gaggle of artists and pilgrims, stalwart Mortal Sword Tulgord Vise, pious Well Knight Arpo Relent, stern Huntsman Steck Marynd, and three of the redoubtable Chanter brothers (and their lone sister) find themselves faced with the cruelest of choices. The legendary Cracked Pot Trail, a stretch of harsh wasteland between the Gates of Nowhere and the Shrine of the Indifferent God, has become a tortured path of deprivation.

So we now have an official name for all the folks that are following B&KB about - the Nehemonthanai. The first three sound simple enough to me:

-Tulgord Vise is the Mortal Sword of the Sisters from Lamentable Moll, whom we saw in BF.
-Arpo Relent we haven't seen but is a Well Knight, therefore from Quaint and seen in tHD.
-Steck Marynd who was chasing the duo for years before Lamentable Moll (and last seen there in BF).

But then there's the Chanters. We saw them at the very end of LoLE, but there were 14 of them then, instead of 4. They're Jhag, some even with tusks, piloting a ship crewed by undead and with caged beasts. Thing is, they were after Captain Satre, not B&KB. Maybe the other 10 of them are still going after her, but why would some of them go chase down B&KB? (And if you need a refresher, the Chanters were the rulers of Toll City and chasing Sater because she stole a ton of money and the Sech'Kellyn statues from them). So, spculation on why they're in the Nehemonthanai?

B&KB might have killed off the other 10 Chanters. At the end of Lees their is a battle about to start after all. That might have turned the surviving Chanters from Captain Sater&crew to a vengancefueled chase of K&KB.

I wonder where the Gates of Nowhere and the Shrine of the Indifferent God is situated in the world and when timelinevise Crack'd Pot Trail take place.
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#3 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:05 AM

View PostUrizen, on 06 November 2009 - 08:32 AM, said:

I wonder where the Gates of Nowhere and the Shrine of the Indifferent God is situated in the world and when timelinevise Crack'd Pot Trail take place.

All signs point to somewhere in the Seven Cities, but it's far from certain.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users