• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone read this?

#1 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

I just found out about this from Steve's official website - apparently it was in an issue of Postscipts, link

edit: there is a version still available from PS Publishing so the situation will be remedied soon :(

#2 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

The story is also available in the latest Horror Anthology of which I can't remember the name. We have two in stock where I work so I shall try and have a read and report back :o
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tęde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#3 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

Read it this week. Three times, actually. I love it. It's so beautifully written and works on so many levels and left me thinking. I'm also reading the rest of this Postscripts issue and so far This Rich Evil Sound is by the best imo, be it just because it doen't club you with some supposedly shocking revelation [Stphen King's story, anyone? *sigh*], but leaves an uneasy mood behind.

But I'm all for this kind of theme and setting, so I'm right there in the target audience anyway :p
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#4 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:37 AM

I actually found the hardcover edition of the Postscripts this was in at Half Price Books today, but I couldn't justify paying $15 for it.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#5 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

View PostPuck, on 16 December 2010 - 07:54 PM, said:

[...]but leaves an uneasy mood behind.

Just read it and yes, definitely uneasy. Certainly will be getting a few re-reads though.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users