• You cannot reply to this topic

New Member Introduction Thread

#21 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:54 AM

Ah, a recruiter. We like recruiters :D

They go well with ketchup...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tęde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#22 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:41 AM

Adjutant Stormy;252270 said:

Well, I've been a member for about a week and I finally found this thread-

I hate to state the obvious, but MBotF is the greatest series I have ever read ever. Period. And I read ~3k pages a month sometimes, so I've been around.

Stephenson's Baroque Cycle, (which was a grind), Robert Jordan (RIP), classic fantasy (Tolkien, etc.), and a bunch of science fiction (all of Brin, Asimov, and Gibson as highlights). I am undoubtedly committing crimes of omission- but nobody really cares.

In all of my literary travels, 9 of my top 10 favorite characters of all time have lived (and died) throughout this series. I read the books and the characters aren't characters, they're family, squadmates, adversaries, and friends. I am proud to say I cried when Fid played his song, was furious when the BAMF sergeant died (trying not to spoil), (fuck you Hood!), and laughed with the best of them at the antics of Iskaral.

My brother and I started reading the series two years ago, but rapidly ran into SE's mortal writing limitations. Now each book release is christmas, my birthday, and a fistfight over who gets to read it first, all rolled into one.

<3 X 10000.

P.S. RE: Obdigore: Agreed, Otherland should have been 3 books long.
P.P.S. This thread is really tough to find if you're not looking.

Welcome barret I mean stormy.... You should deff pm a mod with your issue with this thread (finding it) I think they can sticky it or some such thing to make it allot easier to find.... ohh and as far as which mods to PM I would go with either Rodeo ranch, Hetan, Jenisand rul (sp?), Anomander....
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#23 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

Ahola, new to here
found Erikson by accident, bought GotM at an airport quite some time ago, enjoyed it but didn't follow up on the series at all.
Found it lying in my room a few months back, re-read it, it made fractionally more sense than first time, so i order DG, which sucked me right in, i had to go out an buy a few more, currently a 1/4 way into bone hunters and I have to admit, this last month Erikson has ruined my life, I made the mistake of bring DG to work, which resulted in a week doing nothing but reading, same with moi and cod.
Beyond erikson i'm a huge fan of feist, and tolkien. more recently joe abercrombie and lynch.
I'm from Ireland, and true to the stereotype associated I enjoy drinking to the extent where If i didn't work in a bar at the weekends it could be classed as a problem.
In online life i'm involved in a few other boards and enjoy playing mafia and diplomacy.

#24 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

Welcome Macros. Have fun, explore the nether regions we call The Inn, Don't be afraid, only Abyss will bite.
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#25 User is offline   q21 

• Condemned of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Reading, Steven Erikson (duh...), Arsenal, Football, Warhammer 40K, Drums

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:23 PM

Welcome Macros. Don't listen to Bent, we're all wonderful people:angel: even Abyss.

Also, if you like mafia go to the Games forum, there's a new game starting soon if you're interested.
Flying Monkeys definitely win.

#26 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:06 AM

definately interested, when the signup opening?

#27 User is offline   q21 

• Interests:Reading, Steven Erikson (duh...), Arsenal, Football, Warhammer 40K, Drums

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:15 AM

Signup's already open. If you go to this thread:

http://malazanworld....read.php?t=9383

and ask nicely, Mal might just let you play. We're supposed to be starting soon, but there's probably space for another player.

#28 User is offline   lewy 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

Oh, well. I got a little rough start here lol.
Well, as I've been accused of only joining to promote myself, and requested banned already, I think I should say a thing or two...

Firstly, as I explained to Anomander in a PM, I did not join only to promote my site. I joined here for the same reason I made that site. Because I love SE's books. I wished, and still wish, if you want me here lol, to discuss them with other people.
The reason I posted that "promotion" first was that I did not have enough time, and gods know that I still don't have, to truly be a decent member here...
Had I more time things would have been very different, believe me. So now I skip some homework-time to explain a bit :D
I would, had I had more time, been an active member here, and not promoted my forum, except through my profile, and to a certain extent, also my signature.
As have I done now. So if we could please all get along:angel:

I'm usually a nice/OK person lol
So, now I'm here, and I'll be on as often as I can to discuss these great books.

See you around!

- Lewy, 15 years old male being from Norway (that pretty much sums me up ^^; )

#29 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hi, lewy, glad you could make it, also don't feel pressured to contribute too much, I never have and look at my rep.! Anyway, just having you here and enjoying the forum is enough in most of our books, but we just get alot of people wanting to throw out their own stuff and disappear, which isn't fair to the ones who have been members a while and really want friends to help them out. Anyway welcome back and have a blast.

(@ Mods hope I wasn't out of line there, just trying to be part of the welcoming party)
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#30 User is offline   mob16151 

• Lieutenant
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

Hello i am the mob im new here I like how you have done up the place. Can i maybe get your interior decorators phone number
*All hail Kallor High King of Awesomeness*

#31 User is offline   q21 

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

You've been here for only a few days and already you're sucking up to the mods? For shame.

Welcome, though.

#32 User is offline   RaZjInSaR 

• First Sword

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:02 AM

hey newbies! *taunts with icecream* good to see more peoples around these boards... *cough* spam the inn *cough* no mods heard that :D

#33 User is offline   Baby JAy 

• Recruit

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

Hey guys!

Long, long, long, long, long time lurker on these boards and as I was doing laundry this morning the urge struck me to finally make myself a real member. Ive been hanging out but not posting here since before House of Chains came out in Canada. It's about time I joined up.

#34 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Group: Team Handsome
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:16 PM

304 years! * shakes head handsomely *
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#35 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:26 PM

welcome indeed baby jay...

looking forward to future post....
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#36 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

Flawed;255989 said:

304 years! * shakes head handsomely *

305! *shakes fist enthusiastically :rolleyes:*

Welcome Baby JAy. Btw Flawed, check out the Fantasy league thread.

#37 User is offline   RaZjInSaR 

• First Sword

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:43 AM

:rolleyes: hey hey babyJ! good to see new lurkers...they always remind me of the zerg lerkers for some reason...they are so cute...i love the zerg *reminisces* and welcome! :D

#38 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

Greetings Newbies.

Try the Venisen.

Is Good!

#39 User is offline   J_Slr 

• Acolyte of High House Mafia

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

HI
couple of years back Q21 introduced me to Steven Erikson, have been trying my best to keep up since.

Have not read all that many authors, but I of course Erikson is by far the best Fantasy author I have ever read

#40 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:39 AM

Welcome j_slr (interesting name there) Baby JAy and Lewy!

Try the RaZ.

Is Good!
*casting the shaved knuckle*

Share this topic:

• 124 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users