Malazan Empire: Mafia practice required... - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia practice required... ...but where?

#41 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:03 AM

View PostMappo's Travelling Sack, on Aug 28 2009, 09:00 AM, said:

Where would I get a list of all the anagrams that people use in Mafia? For example, I have no idea what WIFOM means, or CF, BP, or OMGUS, to name a few.

There are one or two beginners guides in the mafia forum, as well a bunch of guides on places like mafiascum. I remember I found a whole bunch in my first game at various sites, but cant remember where. But just for abbreviations the guides here should be enough.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#42 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

Here, catching up B)

View PostMacros, on Aug 24 2009, 10:19 AM, said:

hinter, theres always games playing at mafiascum.net, but the pace is considerably more sedate than here.

I may make a glorious return at some stage.
commence holding your breath

Cheers Maccy, I'll check it out.

View PostSlick Mongoose, on Aug 24 2009, 08:14 PM, said:

View PostHinter, on Aug 24 2009, 03:08 AM, said:

I've looked on the ASOIAF board a few times but their games seem to go on for months

Not quite true, although we do usually have slightly longer days and nights. ~ 32h days/8hr nights is fairly normal. The game that's just finished lasted under a week and went down to the last 3 players. You'd be more than welcome if you want to try it out.

Do you sign up differently over there? A sign up thread appeared asking for a PM if you fancy playing. The forum wouldn't let me PM House Targaryen and because no one else had, I didn't want to be a dick by shouting IN!! in the thread! So how do you sign up ?

View PostGem Windcaster, on Aug 24 2009, 09:02 PM, said:

Hinter, half the trick is to really dedicate yourself to the game. The games I've really managed well is when I've chained myself to the keyboard. ;) Doesn't mean you have to post like crazy, just be immersed into the game.

Apologies again Gem for being such a shit partner in the office game B)

View PostTapper, on Aug 24 2009, 09:19 PM, said:

Gem has a point.
write some stuff down, if only a player name and a post number of something that puzzled you, or seemed overly reasoned out, or the exact opposite; rabid attack in overdrive with no reason whatsoever. You can also connect players that way, see how often they mention one another, how often they agree, etc. doesn't take a lot of work, but it works far better than memorizing the thread.

Don't forget the game's about fun, first and foremost, though, it's not a science.

I'm currently jotting stuff down in Word, but I feel the urge to create an uber-complicated spreadsheet. Can't see any other meaningful use for Excel!

View PostMappo's Travelling Sack, on Aug 28 2009, 08:00 AM, said:

Where would I get a list of all the anagrams that people use in Mafia? For example, I have no idea what WIFOM means, or CF, BP, or OMGUS, to name a few.

What alt said, but as a quicky and I'm sure Mafia veterans will correct my mistakes:

WIFOM - Wine In Front Of Me. Basically it's 50:50 as there is not enough evidence to go either way.
CF - Coroner Finder. Chap who discovers what faction dead people are.
BP - Bullet Proof. A game mechanic which if you invoke it will saveyou from a night kill.
OMGUS - Oh My God You Suck. You voted to lynch me, so I'm gonna vote for you, bitch!

One more question - Modcraft have a game being played over three or four threads - WTF?!!!!

#43 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

For the Westeros board the way you should sign up is pming House Targaryen or whoever the sign up thread says. However the board won't let you pm unless you've posted a certain amount of times in certain places(I forget where)-it's to counter spambots.

There's an announcement over there somewhere about it I think.

The modcraft game being played over 3 threads was a game that I designed-I used three threads to try and counter the lack of players. Worked fairly well but I could've done it better-for one I should've used alts.

Thats the first game I think to use more than one thread-but i'd like to try it again and GLD looks like he's going to play around with the idea too.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#44 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:09 PM

WIFOM explanation:

http://mafiascum.net...php?title=Wifom

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#45 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

View PostHinter, on Aug 29 2009, 06:55 PM, said:

WIFOM - Wine In Front Of Me. Basically it's 50:50 as there is not enough evidence to go either way.
CF - Coroner Finder. Chap who discovers what faction dead people are.
BP - Bullet Proof. A game mechanic which if you invoke it will saveyou from a night kill.
OMGUS - Oh My God You Suck. You voted to lynch me, so I'm gonna vote for you, bitch!

One more question - Modcraft have a game being played over three or four threads - WTF?!!!!

This needs a bit of clarification

WIFOM - see griefs post

CF- Coroner Finder - During a game the mod will decide whether or not to implement a CF - this can be a full CF, a Partial CF or no CF, at the time of death, (either by lynch or Night action) if a full CF is in effect, you are given by the mods an alt name, who was playing that alt, and what their alignment was...town or scum....during a faction game you may be given what faction that player was in as well.....

If a partial CF is in effect, you will be given just the alt name and who was playing that alt

In a no CF game, you are only told that the alt is dead, no other info is given

BP - Bullet-proof- A game mechanic which can save you from death, there are 2 kinds of BP's...lynch bp or NK bp. If you have a lynch bp, you will not be able to be lynched on the first attempt. typically, if you have one of these, then town will lynch you the next day anyway, but be that as it may, you have an extra day to live....NK bp prevents you from being killed by friend OR for...if a vig (a person of the town, with the ability to NK one time) targets you, he loses his vig, and you lose your bp. If a member of scum targets you the same night, you die. If scum targets you night 1 you lose your bp, but continue to play the game. Sometimes you are made aware of your bp, other times you are not. It is up to the mods who are running the current game to decide this as they will.

OMGUS - Oh My God U Suck - you voted me, so I voted you...however...if I vote you...and then you vote me...then it is my right to call you a moron, and say OMGUS on you....

Hope that was helpful. Now sign up and play or I KILL YOU!!!!!!
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#46 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

@Mappo - see what I mean? These Mafia types are really rather friendly and helpful. Apart from the wanting to kill you part B)

#47 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

bent.
far to sensible a post, you should have misled him in a cunning plan to catch him out later.
fool.
i am fully enjoying my glorious return to mafia

#48 User is offline   General King 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:34 PM

Also this is from my experience here, don't spam to look useful, better to keep a low post, think of why people do what they do, if you think someone is killer, look for posts or actions which could suggest it, remember though people will be looking at you along with anyone else, and if they start ponting fingers at you don't panic. That is the most important thing you need to remember.

My first and only game here, panicked a bit and was able to get everyone to bang their heads on the table in frustation along with me.

When I know what sort of schedule my life is going be, I be throwing myself back in, probably make mistakes that I learned not to make in modcraft but I keep trying until I make up for my bad games here.

That all you can do Hinter.

Also That multi thread game I have a truly nasty version being created in the terryifying pits of my mind. I think we need to introduce the suicide Rating lol.

#49 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

View PostMacros, on 06 September 2009 - 03:34 PM, said:

bent.
far to sensible a post, you should have misled him in a cunning plan to catch him out later.
fool.
i am fully enjoying my glorious return to mafia

Bent seems to be fake symping me! Don't fall for it Mappo...

This post has been edited by Hinter: 08 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users