• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for Mafia 50 Ancient chinese mafia

#41 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

Ruse/PB said:

Wow, Emurlahn almost managed to get his ass lynched on Day 1 and Sorrit's looking a lot like a symp, with D'riss taking second place. Pretty sure Serc is not a symp, HP definitely not, Karat probably not.

HP is going to laugh his ass off when he sees Emur really was scum.

Tough call on my guard. Logic says I should probably remove it if D'riss is a powered symp, but I've seen a lot of cases where deviating from your first instinct is a bad idea (maybe D'riss is a finder and just wants a night to find Emurlahn, who can then be buried later under scummy accusations?).

Let's gamble and Guard Galayn Lord tonight. No particular reason, just trying to find someone who's avoiding a fight right now.

Yeah, I was worried for a bit there when votes 2 and 3 went on, but he seems to be doing okay now. Action noted.

Hrmm, you're the moderator, don't worry about it if your scum can't hack it. The simple fact that Sorrit came in and majorly defended Emur is more than enough for a vote from me if I'm town, so I'm actually pretty shocked town is missing this. It's funny because the topics of discussion include stuff like "Summaries are scummy" or "not voting is scummy" and such. And yet Sorrit defending Emur is probably the scummiest thing in the thread by a mile.

Precisely, and yet neither Sorrit nor Emur are really getting any flak for it, whereas when that happened I was expecting a bunch of people to declare "sorrit is symping his master!" and jump on the Emur train. Ah, people will do plenty of facepalms when they get into SH and see how close they were day 1...

I think it's just a history of bad luck on Day 1 that drove them away from what seemed too good to be true.

People gotta get back to playing MAFIA instead of this WIFOM business. Let's face it, two WIFOM's is identical to four WIFOM's: the wine is right back to the same place it started. You can't overthink these things too early in the game. Just look at the thread and say, "What's scummy here?"

Ah well, a lesson to be learned, I suppose. (I'm not trying to sound cocky, either. I may have a few recent, good wins under my belt but I slip up plenty, too.)

Well optimistically it actually being too good *and* true this time will turn them around and next game it'll be the exact opposite and they'll follow their initial guts more with less wifom'ing (yeah, like that's gonna happen!)...

Mmm, possibly, possibly. It definitely can change from one game to the next and having information like I do certainly makes it easier to separate the BS from the truth. That said, there are really only a few certainties in Malazan Mafia.

1. You must always lynch Fener.
2. You must always lynch or kill JumpAround and Obdigore.
3. If she's town, Gem is pretty much guaranteed to do something to cause a town loss.

Obdi I agree with, the rest are just mean...

The truth hurts :)

-------

Poor bwgan is getting targeted by both scum... oh well, you can't last to the end every time.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#42 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

Slick/Sorrit said:

I love being a roleless innocent. The freedom of action is awesome.

My main problem at the moment is that there's too much suspicious behaviour from the people posting, and then about half the players aren't posting. So i'd be more than happy to lynch anyone, really.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#43 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

Amp/Sixty:

GL posts...

View PostGalayn Lord, on Jul 28 2009, 08:42 AM, said:

I hesitate to agree with anyone at this (or any other) point of the game tbh, especially as you are all clearly acting scummy, but HPs logic is sorely lacking.

Yes Emurlahn is a viable suspect as scum, but no more than anyone else. High amount of spam in a low spam game? Well hactually I think you will find I had the most spam...although that might not be the wisest thing to point out... :) .

Lack of content...well it was early day 1, when do we ever have content early day 1? And before anyone says I am symping anyone I am not, I'll vote for any of you at this point in the game. But if we are going to lynch someone let it be on a factual case not because someone isn't the highest spammer, is one of many who hasn't posted content or because someone else has voted for one on the train.

At the moment I am concerned about Karatallid's posts. Seem very middle of the road to me.

Edit: Cross post.

Someone seems awfully insistent on making themselves appear neutral/inno...

Amp/sixty said:

HP - DiBs (no caps, checked in then left)
D'riss - Shinrei (Japanese?), acct set to GMT (so maybe not)
Karatallid - HD (tentatively)
GL - bwgan
Ruse - probably west-coast, drinks, smilies
Emurlahn - Baudin
Serc - Dkt (only one I can find who says bugger)
Thyrllan - Obdi
Kaschan - says "eh"
Sorrit - PB

#44 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

HD/Kaschan said:

Heal Sorrit, unless he's lynched, then heal HP.

Don't ask why. I don't think they are scum. Yet.

I don't have to ask why because you said why in the sentence right after!

Also, actions noted.

#45 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

Kaschan/HD said:

HEAL HOOD'S PATH.

Amp/Sixty:

By the way, if you're not planning to vig anyone it'd be appreciated if you sent in a message declaring that, otherwise I'll hold up night resolution for at least a couple hours just in case.

-D'rek

Ah, right. Forgot about that...sorta.

No action.

For now. I'm 95% sure Thyr is Obdi, though....

PB/Ruse:

Interesting choice for a TMDI 1-2 game, but I'm going to assume I can stop it.

Guard D'riss, unless he's lynched, then Guard Galayn Lord.

More Amp:

Vig Thyrllan

PB can wait. And he's very quiet/lurking, which could very well be scum. And Obdi's always scum...

#46 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

lynch scene for Serc:

People from the households of eight administrative regions --- Qingzhou,
Youzhou, Xuzhou, Jizhou, Jingzhou, Yangzhou, Yanzhou and Yuzhou --- all
worshiped the great and virtuous teacher Zhang Jue. Jue secretly sent one of his
cronies, Ma Yuanyi, to offer gifts of gold and fine cloth to the eunuchs of the Emperor,
in order to establish friendly relations, so that he could have internal conspirators.
Jue discussed the situation with his two brothers, saying, "The hardest thing is to
win over the peoples' hearts. Right now, the people are already on our side. If we
do not seize this opportunity to take over the world, it will truly be a pity."
He dispatched his disciple Tang Zhou to deliver a fake letter which would be
intercepted by the eunuchs. Acting on his plan, the Ten Regular Attendants
went straight to the Emperor and reported that Sun Jian was collaborating with
the Yellow Turbans. The emperor ordered Commander-in-chief He Jin to dispatch
troops to arrest Sun Jian, who was subsequently beheaded. Following that,
He Jin rounded up all Sun Jian's ilk, and threw them all in prison.

Serc (dktorode) is dead. He was Sun Jian of the Han.

#47 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

Death message has been sent to dkt.

Ruse/PB said:

D'riss, are you the symp? The reveal (from HP) is highly testable and you know that. Don't be silly. Maybe you're worried because Emur isn't online and you think he won't be around to see/kill HP. That's a good reason to worry, but I have little HP all locked down for tonight so fret not little brother (are you my brother the other general Zhang Liang(?)), for his time will come soon enough when nobody can confirm a power bestowment.

Poor town loves to tear each other apart. Watching is fun. I have never been a huge lurker like this game, I always find myself wanting to post.

ruse/PB said:

I am not one for good alt guessing but it should be clear that HP is DKT. That guy has a serious mouth when he think he's right.

Seeing him killed (or even better, lynched after a failed teach attempt) will bring warmth to my heart.

Also, I hope Emur knows I'm a guard. If he does, he's smart to not kill D'riss and just trust me to manage him. If he's even on, that is. I wonder if Emur is mad because I'm not helping him much vocally this game...

HP/dibs said:

confirm sorritt as the healer for night 2.

amp/sixty said:

I really hope Thyr=Obdi and he's scum.

Vig Thyr

(just in case you missed the first one)

I've seen him lurking naked on his Obdi-account a lot the past couple hours, but he hasn't posted in a while. Which bothers me. I imagine that either a.) D'riss is truthful and is killed by scum tonight or b.) D'riss is lying and someone else vigs him tonight.

There's 3 han generals, so I figure there's 2 other vigs out there. Which works for me.

hp/dibs said:

:)

fucktard.

hahahaha - knew serc was dk, but needs must :) hahaha

PB/ruse said:

I didn't realize DiBs was playing. HP is DiBs for sure.

Also, for DKT (shaking my finger and acting like a sassy black woman):
"Mmmmhmmmmmmmmm."

#48 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

GL/bwgan said:

1. HoosierDaddy Ruse?
2. Obdigore Thyrllan?
3. Bwgan Galayn Lord
4. Sixty
5. Shinrei D'riss?
6. baudin
7. Slick Mongoose
8. PB Sorrit?
9. Silencer
10. Grief
11. DiBs Hood's Path?
12. dktorode Serc?

Well I know at least 3 and 12 are right. The rest are probably miles off.

"change orders", on HP/dibs, said:

give thyrllan healing ability.

emur/baudin said:

PS said:

emur said:

well at the moment im not sure Sorrit could be a symp but i doubt it, Thyrlan is a possible symp as that random vote could easily have been signalling otherwise im not too sure yet. HP is annoying me something rotten with his twisting of everythin i write :)
right now for my provisional im thinking GL or Kaschan, HP is tempting but i dont want to try the WIFOM that will produce. So for now il put a provisional on GL

Okay, noted.

Well i think il leave HP now, i highly doubt his reveal is legit but ive been lynched before for calling BS on reveals so i thought id leave D'riss to it :) and if he's not killed D'riss is definitely gonna be called on for that last post of his.
think i will confirm GL

#49 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

HP/dibs said:

my own fault for purpoisefully aggravating people, but the stupidity of some players (myself included) never ceases to amaze.

and my role is beyond tmdi 1-2 you know.

my choice for scum - obviously driss cause he just pushes too hard.

ruse and omtose are possible as they are just missing.

amp - inno
galayn - possibly scum - middle of the road and looking for a lynch.

thyr - douche but probably inno
sorritt - probably inno.

karat - scummy

Ruse/PB said:

View PostHood's Path, on Jul 28 2009, 02:25 PM, said:

bed time. dont expect to see you all tomorrow. good luck innos. if omtose and ruse are scum i will eat driss' hat.

Heh heh heh...

Thyr/Obdi said:

You are Feng Xu, a eunuch of the Han court and sympathizer of the Yellow Turban Rebellion. At the moment, emergency powers have been given to the Han generals and you can do nothing, but no one is suspicious of you and you will be found or CF as Han.

If the rebel leader Zhang Jue is defeated, the emergency powers will be relegated and you can begin using your political influence to have any officer assassinated (you become a killer). Once you begin this process, however, any investigation into you before or after you die will reveal your true intentions (you will be found and CF as Yellow Turban).

Your secret contact has revealed to you that one of the Yellow Turban generals, Zhang Bao, is in the army of Ruse.

Tell Ruse that he better not get modkilled, as I will be very perturbed.

On the plus side, I have captain dumbass (HP) completely sure that Ruse isn't a killer.

I'm not telling him, you tell him! (on thread of course) :)

sixty/amp said:

Fuck it. I had forgotten who Dong Zhuo was but he can't possibly be a quartermaster.

No action tonight please.

HD/Kaschan said:

Whoever D'riss and Thyrllan are....

I might be wrong about HP, but I also know that the names and roles aren't really fucking related at all. So all you're meta bullshit is just going to get a PI lynched.

Perhaps an ego check is in order.

ampelas/sixty called"you must hate me by now" said:

Vig Sorrit

My reasoning:

-DiBs/HP is full of shit (most likely)
-Sorrit seems to be symping him a little
-Sorrit is probably PB

----

and so Sixty takes his vig off the symp and wastes it on Slick, too bad that would've been spectacular...

#50 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

So the night actions end up as:

Emur - prov kill GL (fails from karat's guard)
Ruse - Guard D'riss >> GL

Kaschan - Heal HP
Karat - guard Serc >> Emur (serc is dead so emur is guarded)
Omtose - [find]
Amp - Vig Sorrit
HP - give Thyrllan a 1-time Heal

which is hilarious, since the one kill will look like it was just the killer and Karat won't realize he just caught the killer. Obdi/thyrllan getting the supplies should be interesting. If he says nothing and lets HP/dibs die, they may be suspicious of him after dibs CFs as Dong Zhuo.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

#51 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

NK scene for Sorrit:

At the time, the imperial troops under Yuan Shao were occupying Wancheng. Zhang Mancheng led his
army on an attack, and Yuan SHao sent his officer Yan Liang out to fight. Zhang Mancheng sent Zhao Hong
and Han Zhong to attack the southwest corner of the city. Yuan Shao gathered up all of his best troops under,
and deployed them to the southwest corner under the command of his officer Wen Chou to defend against the
rebels. In the meantime, Zhang Mancheng set loose a force of 2,000 armored cavalry, and made a direct play
for the northeast corner. The imperial troopsfeared that they would lose the city, and immediately abandoned
the southwest corner so that they could regroup. Zhao Hong took them by surprise from the rear; having
suffered a major defeat, the imperial troops now retreated into Wancheng as fast as possible. Zhang Mancheng
divided his forces, and surrounded the city on all sides. The city was now cut off from any new food supplies,
so Yuan Shao sent Wen Chou out of the city to say that they were ready to surrender.

Sorrit (Slick Mongoose) is dead. He was Yuan Shao of the Han.

#52 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:29 PM

HD/Kaschan said:

1. TMDI?

2. You list no roles in the opening. Care to elaborate to me? (I won't tell nobody!)

3. Can I haz a vigzburger?

1. Its 2 for the most part, maybe a few elements of 3 in there but mostly 2. Or something. Of course don't make the mistake of equating TMDI 1/2 with M&P, as they are surely not the same thing.

2. Most/all of the roles involve running around the countryside with fifty thousand men, storming fortresses and slaughtering opposing armies. These roles require a lot of food.

3. Maybe you should ask your quartermaster for one? (jk)

#53 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:12 AM

HD/Kaschan said:

HD/Kaschan said:

HD/Kaschan said:

If Hood's Path is scum, and I'm saving him, team inno is going to hate me. But, what are the odds that he uses "quarter-master" as his role? I am, what Commander or something or other, and I support armies, armies need quarter-masters for supplies and logistics and whatnot. Oh well. Hate me if you want inno, I buy the reveal and someone else will tomorrow. Unless, of course, he gives it to me. Could I heal two people in one night under that circumstance?

Let's hope he can really give out vigs and finds. Much better. What? I wanna vig somebody.

Any answer I give would be rather telling either that he is or isn't telling the truth so you'll just have to wait until SH

Fair enough. It wasn't a dig for information, but I can see how it reads like that. It's more my explanation to inno for why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Yeah all those rhetorical questions didn't seem very rhetorical.

Yes. Well. I like to ask questions that I don't want answered? There was only one "question" and that was the "hypothetical" two heal night. The other stuff actually is attempted exculpation if HP is, indeed, scum and I'm healing him, and a pipedream of a vig.

Understood.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 29 July 2009 - 01:06 AM

#54 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:53 AM

Obdi/thyrllan said:

obdi/thyrllan said:

You are Feng Xu, a eunuch of the Han court and sympathizer of the Yellow Turban Rebellion. At the moment, emergency powers have been given to the Han generals and you can do nothing, but no one is suspicious of you and you will be found or CF as Han.

If the rebel leader Zhang Jue is defeated, the emergency powers will be relegated and you can begin using your political influence to have any officer assassinated (you become a killer). Once you begin this process, however, any investigation into you before or after you die will reveal your true intentions (you will be found and CF as Yellow Turban).

Your secret contact has revealed to you that one of the Yellow Turban generals, Zhang Bao, is in the army of Ruse.

Tell Ruse that he better not get modkilled, as I will be very perturbed.

On the plus side, I have captain dumbass (HP) completely sure that Ruse isn't a killer.

I'm not telling him, you tell him! (on thread of course)

I CANT HES NOT AROUND AND I HAVE 10 DOLLARS THAT SAYS ITS HIS ACTION YOU ARE WAITING FOR!

PS - If you said there are no symps to HP, I'm going to be mad, especially since IM A GODDAMN SYMP!

You're wrong on so many counts but there are some bits of correctness in there as well.
You'll find out which is which once you're in SH

#55 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:45 AM

Hahaha
So ehmur and Thyr WAS scum...

Eat a BIG bAG OF DICKS SHIN!!!

Shin kept going on about "tired old scum finding EXCUSES"
But my "EXCUSES" were correct...

People dont realise that there is a distinct psychological response that people do as scum....they play a certain way and they cant bloody help it...THAT is why we have these "stock standard" scum finding clues because alot of the time they are spot on.

dammit all...i dint like the way Thyr was keeping clear of the arguments. And left by pointing fingers at the bugger.
there is nothing worse than getting lynched while you are away...for no reason.
especially when you left with only one dumb vote on you...

im gutted to say the least.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#56 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:47 AM

And as true as god we have a whole host of innos symping the shoit out of a killer.
Bloody hell.

Thats why i say always let someone defend themselves before you step in and start tearing someones case appart...
You can show you dont like the case just by not bloody voting.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#57 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:33 AM

looks like obdi is playing pretending to not know what HP did....he does get told doesnt he?
I think its a bad move.

I think the town will test HP's claim....but once Ob1 comes back inno...the town will lynch dibs imho
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#58 User is offline   Slick Mongoose 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

Huh. How wrong can you be? :)
"pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us – then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." - Carl Sagan

#59 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

View PostSlick Mongoose, on Jul 29 2009, 04:04 AM, said:

Huh. How wrong can you be? :)

buhahahaa

you were one of the guys "defending" ehmur....should teach you lesson :)

-dkt

#60 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:20 AM

Dibs/HP

i dont know why i think before jumping, but its pretty much garaunteed that the scum if they had a guard would block not kill me and hope to lynch me, but seriously i should just keep my mouth shut. i have a brilliant ability in mafia to either play really really well or to play absolutely shocking and givent hat i am just back at work and in such a foul mood i think the latter is most defo in effect. i couldnt be playing worse for my team ast the moment :)

~@slick - cant help thinking that was my fault, sorry :) what am i saying,it was my fault, i am a terrible ally :)

oh well, prepare for another shit storm.

ps - why am i the quarter master you have basically made another true reveal of mine impossible. is there some agreement that i always get the least plausible role going?

pss - my symp talk (lies of course i didnt believe you when you said that) and the yellow business was double edged as it seriously (for paranoid killers) must have read liek a great symp fake reveal. claim there is none, make it totally against them and act liek an ass, i was good lynch material and wrangled out, i could clog the game up for a day.

@dk - sorry bud, having a very bad game i should have stalled for no lynch.

Thyr/OB1

Feng Xu,

Several wagons of catapults have arrived from the Imperial Arsenal in Luo Yang. Being a eunuch, you lead no armies and these supplies have been sent back to the capitol.

I'm so fucking confused. TMDI 2 my ass. That is all.

someone should reply to this....im also confused

Ampelas

Shit. Guess my alting skills still need a lot of work.

And it also means that...

a.) Scum didn't pick a NK target

or

b.) We both picked the same target

And I'm unsure which is the case.

:S

From Ruse For Sorrit

So Sorrit got killed, eh? Looked like an early game symp until D'riss showed up with a vengeance.

Well played to you, Slickster. I'm sure you're groaning over DiBs's early discovery and his likely soon-to-occur death. My condolences you had to leave another game early.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users