• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:50 PM

View PostTapper, on Jul 27 2009, 09:45 AM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on Jul 27 2009, 03:42 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on Jul 27 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on Jul 27 2009, 03:37 PM, said:

Interesting role division.

I predict dibs will grumble much like Morgy did it in Highlander due to having to play responsible ;)

playing responsible is for women and pansies (no offence Tapper and D'rek) :D

lol

Well 3-kingdoms is full of people being very irresponsible for very stupid reasons (ie: "my ally who is about go kill everybody I don't like needs a few supplies but I won't give them to him because he smells funny, even though he has my wife and kids hostage as well"), so it should blend in perfectly!

I played Samurai Warriors only, which is pretty much filled with bright looking, cheery versions of the grim daimyo of old...who according to the game were making war only for the good of the people instead of for their own personal pleasure... might have to pick up Dynasty Warriors too if it is stupid like that :D

Yup, Samurai Warriors is pretty much an exact copy of Dynasty Warriors just with japanese characters and story, probably made because the dynasty warriors games were making lots of sales in Japan.

If you decide to pick up a DW, I'd advise against getting the most recent one (DW 6) - it is supposedly quite truncated from previous versions with fewer battles, a lot of characters removed and a new fighting system that makes every battle ridiculously easy.

I think I like DW 4 the best, as you get long campaigns that actually cover the entire 3-kingdoms story (there's one campaign for each of the 8 factions) instead of the way it is in DW3 and DW5 where it is instead very small campaigns for each character that just cover a tiny bit of story.

Of course then there's also the "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" games (also by Koei) that are massively long strategy games. Very well made but with a huge learning curve and the games are veeeery long (but not necessarily slow-paced).

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 27 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#22 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

Obdi/Thyrllan:

You are Feng Xu, a eunuch of the Han court and sympathizer of the Yellow Turban Rebellion. At the moment, emergency powers have been given to the Han generals and you can do nothing, but no one is suspicious of you and you will be found or CF as Han.

If the rebel leader Zhang Jue is defeated, the emergency powers will be relegated and you can begin using your political influence to have any officer assassinated (you become a killer). Once you begin this process, however, any investigation into you before or after you die will reveal your true intentions (you will be found and CF as Yellow Turban).

Your secret contact has revealed to you that one of the Yellow Turban generals, Zhang Bao, is in the army of Ruse.

1) If I don't know who Zhang Jue is, how do I know when he is dead?
2) If Zhang Jue is dead, the game goes on and I become a killer?
3) Can I talk with Ruse out of thread? Am I Ruses symp?
4) I take it my winning conditions are in line with the Yellow Turbans?

1) Well the CF will tell you. And I'll PM you.
2) Yes.
3) You cannot speak with anyone out of thread. You are a general-purpose Yellow Turban symp, but only know Ruse.
4) Yes, they are. Defeat all Han forces to win. Since you become a full-fledged killer after Zhang Jue's death, the Han have to kill you to win, too.

1) CF seems to only say Yellow Turban, so thats where that came from.
2) Excellent!
3) Not so Excellent.
4) Time for some Hannihilation. Yes I just wrote that.

Hannihilation ;)

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 27 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#23 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

baudin/Emur

You are Zhang Jue, leader and founder of the Yellow Turban Rebellions and a mystic of the Way of Peace. By Koei's definition that means you can shoot fireballs from your staff...

Each night your army can attack and defeat the opposing army of your choice (you are a killer).

Your brother Zhang Bao (Ruse) is leading an army of his own nearby, and can intercept other opponents (he is a guard). You can *not* communicate with him off-thread.

Damn it, scum again, what the hell. Oh well hopefully il do better this time

well the Turbans lost in official history so if you lose you can fell better that you're just fulfilling history...

bwgan/GL

You are Cao Cao, a local warlord supporting the Han. You are RI.

Defeat the Yellow Turbans to win!

"Cao Cao has also been praised as a brilliant ruler and military genius who treated his officers like his family. He was also skilled in poetry and the martial arts..."

Typecasting me again eh P-S? :D ;)

He was also a ruthless man who executed plenty of folk and was motivated to conquer Wu just because there was too beautiful sisters in Wu that he could kidnap and make his concubines for his retirement :D

Yes, well...I missed that bit...anyway, haven't you heard of spin?

Cao Cao is full of spin. Plenty of folk say he would've been a good and capable minister in times of peace, but lots of songs and cultural versions of events portray him as a wicked villain. He may have kept the Emperor in Xu Chang and taken charge of all the procedures of the court and made himself Prime Minister, but it did keep the Emperor safe, add stability the region and he never deposed the Emperor (though his kids did)...

Wow, P-S...you know your onions...I'm impressed. And it sounds really interesting - seriously...I might have to buy a book or two!

It's only one book, though in some versions it may come divided into volumes. I like the Moss Roberts translation/annotation version and would recommend that. The folk-story/biography style of it definitely makes it a unique type of read...

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 27 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

#24 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

shin/karat

I'm going to post a fair bit in the beginning and then disappear for a good number of hours before deadline. Hopefully that'll allow a shift of any provs off of me for night 1 at least. I don't want a repeat of sorrit from last game and exit early. BOOOOO

Sounds like a plan. Not necessarily a very good plan, but a plan nonetheless...

Oh hush.

Ok, I've never been an alt guesser, but I thought I'd give everyone in SH something to laugh about this game, so here goes:

HD is Emur
GL is bwgan
Thyr is PB
HP is Dibs

read'em and weep! (either from amazement or laughter)

copied to SH, won't tell you if we are amazed or laughing until you get here ;)

he did pretty good for guessing off of a tiny amount of posts...

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

GL/bwgan said:

It's only one book, though in some versions it may come divided into volumes. I like the Moss Roberts translation/annotation version and would recommend that. The folk-story/biography style of it definitely makes it a unique type of read...

Amazon uk have the abridged version for £15 (the unabridged is £176, so not an option)...is that the one?

Pretty sure this is the version I was thinking of: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Kingdoms-His...4996&sr=1-5

Its a 2-volume set so the price for the whole thing would presumably be double that.

#26 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:35 PM

I'm going to post a fair bit in the beginning and then disappear for a good number of hours before deadline. Hopefully that'll allow a shift of any provs off of me for night 1 at least. I don't want a repeat of sorrit from last game and exit early. BOOOOO

Sounds like a plan. Not necessarily a very good plan, but a plan nonetheless...

Oh hush.

Ok, I've never been an alt guesser, but I thought I'd give everyone in SH something to laugh about this game, so here goes:

HD is Emur
GL is bwgan
Thyr is PB
HP is Dibs

read'em and weep! (either from amazement or laughter)

copied to SH, won't tell you if we are amazed or laughing until you get here ;)

Oh, and Karat is Shin and PS is D'rek.

And Zhang Ziyi is hot.

wrong, wrong and I wouldn't know.

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

Ruse/PB

You are Zhang Bao, General of Earth and one of the founders of the Way of Peace and the Yellow Turban Rebellion.

With your magic you can scare off any army the Han send at you. You are a guard.

Your brother, Zhang Jue (Emurlahn) leads an army of his own to vanquish the corrupt Han forces (he is a killer), but you cannot communicate with him.

Wow, apparently this game is a giant Chinese history lesson.

So from what I've read the Han are the scum and the Yellow Turbans are the town? Or is it the other way around?

other way around - Turbans (scum) are rebels trying to overthrow the government. Han(town) is the government and its generals trying to preserve its gradually corrupting rule

Oh, the whole thing you had was written mostly from the point of the Yellow Turbans, so I thought they were considered the good guys. I almost posted on thread about destroying the hated Han leaders, too, lol...

Okay then, so I am scum. Again. D'oh.

12 players heavily hints at 3 scum with normal 3.5:1 ratios, but I suppose since scum own killing and guard powers, we could be running with just two of us.

Thyr's vote on Emur was pretty weird, bad signal if Thyr's a symp.

For now, provisional guard on D'riss tonight.

Noted.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 27 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

#28 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:43 PM

bwgan/GL

Book is ordered...just Vol. 1 for now....and I am the highest poster :D . I am never the highest poster....I know it's spam, but still. Of course this means I will be first up for a lynch ;) , oh well! :D

Yes you are, but don't let it get to your head!

#29 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

bwgan gets alted twice in 10 posts...

D'riss/Grief said:

I believe Galayn Lord is Bwgan.

#30 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

Sixty/Amp:

You are Lu Zhi, a Han general appointed by the court. Your army's numbers are a match for the Yellow Turbans in ferocity but not in numbers. Your first battle will be victorious but will leave your army decimated (ie: You have a single Vig).

Alright...never played a vig before. I guess I just need to hold onto it for either a.) a meta kill (although I'd feel a little guilty D:) or b.) someone I think is scum/endgame.

We'll have to see.

Well its obviously not inteded for a meta-kill, but it's yours to use how you like ;)

---------

hopefully (for town anyway) he hangs onto it, Silencer gets lucky with finds and reveals and they take out 2 scum together...

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 27 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

More Sixty. If only he knew...

You are Lu Zhi, a Han general appointed by the court. Your army's numbers are a match for the Yellow Turbans in ferocity but not in numbers. Your first battle will be victorious but will leave your army decimated (ie: You have a single Vig).

Alright...never played a vig before. I guess I just need to hold onto it for either a.) a meta kill (although I'd feel a little guilty D:) or b.) someone I think is scum/endgame.

We'll have to see.

Well its obviously not inteded for a meta-kill, but it's yours to use how you like ;)

Hey, if I find Obdi or PB....heh. It's inevitable one is scum, I tell you!

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

Ampelas/Sixty:

Just so I can see how wrong I am later...

HP - DiBs (no caps, checked in then left)
D'riss - Shinrei (who else would use Japanese?)
Karatallid - HD (tentatively)
GL - bwgan
Emurlahn - some no-caps, no apostrophe in contraction
Serc - Dkt (only one I can find who says bugger)
Thyrllan - Obdi

#33 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:12 PM

HD/Kaschan:

You are He Jin, brother to the Empress and overall commander of the Han forces in this time of crisis. Your armies are already in the field but you can choose each night to support one of them in person and they will not know defeat (you are a healer).

Defeat the Yellow Turban menace to achieve victory!

So, basically I'm going to die tonight or tomorrow. :)

Actually He Jin lived to be 59 (which is pretty long compared to most 3-kingdoms people) before he got surrounded and beheaded in the palace gardens...

So, uh, cheer up? :)

Mafia has a much higher casualty ratio. :)

Not if you think of the peasants... or the children...

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 27 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

#34 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:18 AM

PB/Ruse:

Posted this to the main thread:

Ruse said:

Hey guys! Sorry, hard to post at work

I'm home but everyone appears to be missing

Probably will be on and off for a while.

Beer and I are getting acquainted right now, so you can check alcohol consumption off your list, Kaschan

But I don't know anything about the source material either so... Ni Hao?

The phrasing looks a bit weird and so does the fact that I broke it up into 5 lines. If you look at the first letter of each line you get

HIPBB which doesn't mean anything but for people who like to look for clues, it could look like I'm coding DRISS into my post because it's 5 letters long and ends with a double letter. Pretty sure Emur knows me so I'm not in any danger from him, but if there are townie guards or finders or such they may see that as a town clue and leave me alone. May even draw a healer on me if they see it and think we're paired.

Of course, this could backfire if Driss sees it and gets suspicious, but I think I'm safe enough.

Well I suppose, but its rather common for paired killers to fake being lovers like that and if you wanted to ever use it to pretend a more standard role you should've put it after the first night, but good luck with that!

#35 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:11 AM

PB/Ruse:

Well I suppose, but its rather common for paired killers to fake being lovers like that and if you wanted to ever use it to pretend a more standard role you should've put it after the first night, but good luck with that!

Is it? Hrm, haven't seen that in the 10-12 or so games I've played here on Malaz.

Anyway my strategy this game is to just low-post and hide. People hate it when low-posters win. I want to win with like 10-15 posts if possible, haha.

At the rate the game is going so far that doesn't seem like it'll be too difficult...

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

Ruse/PB:

Is it? Hrm, haven't seen that in the 10-12 or so games I've played here on Malaz.

Anyway my strategy this game is to just low-post and hide. People hate it when low-posters win. I want to win with like 10-15 posts if possible, haha.

At the rate the game is going so far that doesn't seem like it'll be too difficult...

It's the source. People don't know it. This happened in Deepgate, in Lies, and other places.

Silencer/Omtose:

You are Huangfu Song, a Han general appointed by the court. You command a special small army of cavalry that can quickly raid an enemy army but do not have the numbers to defeat the massive Yellow Turban armies. Each night you can charge through another army's camp and determine its constitution (you are a finder). In desperate times, you can choose to charge straight into the enemy and eliminate its commander, but the remaining forces will tear you apart before dispersing (you have one suicide-attack, usable on the player of your choice on any night).

Sweet. Let's get it on! ^^

"Let's get it on", the standard battle cry of every 2nd century chinese army

HD/Kaschan:

Question: Can I heal myself?

Alt-guesses:

Galayn Lord: PB
Emu: Dktor
Ruze: Bwgan
Thyr: Dibs
D'riss: Shin

Meh, alt guessing is hard unless you are alt guessing me.

Answer: No you may not (chinese honour and all that stuff, plus it would look bad if the commander sat on his but in Luo Yang).

#37 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

DiBs/HP said:

well i guess some info from me is in order.

emurlah is a simple choice of target easy to select and put pressure on. if inno it looks like i am putting pressure on for ono reason, if guilty then great.

tonight i want to make sorritt a healer.

my reasons, the back and forward make them the less likely to be targetted for a night kill and i will (if still alive) be able to direct some cryptic shit their way in the morning about you look more healthy or some shit. if they vote me they are evil as i cvant give them abilities, if inno they will catch the ref and back off.

Weak plan, but its day 1 and i am out of practice.

Sounds plausible, actions are noted.

DiBs/HP said:

Something makes me think I forgot to send you a role message... if I sent you the wrong one please let me know!

Anyways you are Dong Zhuo, one of the most powerful and influential members of the Han court. You are in charge of logistics and supplies for the campaign against the Yellow Turbans. Each night you can send offensive or defensive supplies to another army. That player will gain a 1-time guard or heal (your choice) to be used on any night after they receive it. The supplies will only successfully be received if they are sent to a Han army, but you will not know if they are successful or not. You can only send supplies once to any army.

i assume by the last line i can only do this once? not that i can only give each player one ability?

You can do this every night but only once on each player.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

dibs/HP said:

Something makes me think I forgot to send you a role message... if I sent you the wrong one please let me know!

Anyways you are Dong Zhuo, one of the most powerful and influential members of the Han court. You are in charge of logistics and supplies for the campaign against the Yellow Turbans. Each night you can send offensive or defensive supplies to another army. That player will gain a 1-time guard or heal (your choice) to be used on any night after they receive it. The supplies will only successfully be received if they are sent to a Han army, but you will not know if they are successful or not. You can only send supplies once to any army.

i assume by the last line i can only do this once? not that i can only give each player one ability?

You can do this every night but only once on each player.

thats a very powerful role, i assume i am not able to give myself a healing ability.

confirm sorritt for the power of healer tonight.

I assume i cannot supply the symp with a power? otherwise i may change my mind.

What symp? And no, you cant give yourself a healing or a guard ability. Imo, it seems more powerful then it is as what are the odds the people you give these to are going to get a 1-time guard or heal right? And even if they do they then need to reveal it... we'll see how it goes!

i would hope the odds are 8-3 in favour :) no symp then, even better.

8-3 huh? Yes, there are 8 town, 3 scum and 1 player that is 73% town and 27% scum...

(i am the other player)

twit :)

Karat/Shin said:

Please remove my guard on HP.

Guard Serc instead.

Will do.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

#39 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

[[Scene prep for NK #2]]

At the time, the imperial troops under ______[1] were occupying Wancheng. Zhang Mancheng led his
army on an attack, while _____[1] sent _____[2] out to fight. Zhang Mancheng sent Zhao Hong and Han Zhong to attack the southwest corner of the city. ______[2] gathered up
all of his best troops, and deployed them to the southwest corner to defend
against the rebels. In the meantime, Zhang Mancheng set loose a force of 2,000 armored
cavalry, and made a direct play for the northeast corner. The imperial troops
feared that they would lose the city, and immediately abandoned the southwest
corner so that they could regroup. Zhao Hong took them by surprise from the rear;
having suffered a major defeat, the imperial troops now retreated into Wancheng as
fast as possible. Zhang Mancheng divided his forces, and surrounded the city on all
sides. The city was now cut off from any new food supplies, so _____[1] sent
_____[3] out of the city to say that they were ready to surrender.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

#40 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

dibs/hp:

getting real tired of the whining attitude some people have. The game is about lynching people, now i put a third vote on and they cry. when did malaz mafia lose its bottle?

People would rather have a choice of 2 people to sheeple their votes onto so it looks like they're actually thinking about it...?

no one seems to be thinking about it, they just wait for people to do something then whinge. god people used to actually make cases. how can you defend againsts omeone just saying its strange?

its still day 1, but feel free to blame brood

i blame everyone.

Emurlahn/baudin:

well at the moment im not sure Sorrit could be a symp but i doubt it, Thyrlan is a possible symp as that random vote could easily have been signalling otherwise im not too sure yet. HP is annoying me something rotten with his twisting of everythin i write :)
right now for my provisional im thinking GL or Kaschan, HP is tempting but i dont want to try the WIFOM that will produce. So for now il pu a provisional on GL

Okay, noted.

Karat/Shin:

If serc is lynched, guard Emur.

And for the record (sorrit/hp/serc/gl, I'm looking at you) this middle of the road accusation, for all my indignation on thread, has me in reality laughing out loud at my computer. Maybe this is mafia noob talking, but it strikes me as such a completely retarded day 1 accusation. OH NOES, HE HASN"T COMMITTED TO A SCUM SUSPICION ON DAY 1 WITH 8 HOURS LEFT! Day 2 or 3? Sure. But day 1 with time left? seriously peoples......

Actions noted.

Aren't all accusations retarded on day 1?

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users