Malazan Empire: HoosierDaddy - Malazan Empire

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HoosierDaddy This week, get to know HoosierDaddy.

#81 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:20 AM

Hmm, I've already chosen my second victim interviewee. But I'll hold onto that knowledge and make you all sweat. :)

I'll announce it later. ;)

One problem I foresee with question suggestions is that the interviewee could just come onto the previous interview thread and answer the suggested questions right there, which would defeat the whole purpose of this setup.

So, I'm thinking that PMing suggestions would be the way to go. Once I've announced the next person, then you can PM questions you'd like to have asked and I'll choose some that way. This would be fun because then the interviewee will have no advance notice of the possible questions (make them sweat a little) and then the person who submitted the question can either fess up on thread, or they can keep mum so no one will ever know who asked that question (other than me, and I'm not tellin') :)
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#82 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Jul 21 2009, 06:31 AM, said:

FYI - I once ate my weight in Godfather's Pizza.

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Jul 21 2009, 06:34 AM, said:

I know you aren't a perv. I was joking. Also, Michael Jackson didn't stop by to use my bathroom one time. But Janet did.

*ahem*
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#83 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:23 AM

Mez knows where it's at. Truffle Shuffle my ass.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#84 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

I'm lost...
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#85 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

Y'all need to watch some classic movies. That's all I've got to say. Play me off Keyboard Cat.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#86 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

That's why I created a thread about it last week :p

MTS, lovin' the serenity...
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#87 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

Can I make something clear in realtion to one of Hoosiers answers, I don't know why you would understand this so it's about time someone explained it:

When we talk about a 'Manky' meet up the 'Manky' means it's in Manchester as in MANChester, people from Manchester are refered to in slang as Mancs (pronounced Manks).

The BBQs are in Cambridge.
I AM A TWAT

#88 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

Ah, the Manky part made me think they were all in Manchester for some reason. I for ridiculous reasons tihnk it's easier for you all to get together than us. It seems like quite an effort logistic wise, but not so much cost wise as it is here. Anyways, thanks for the knowledge, Cougar.

#89 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

View PostCougar, on Jul 21 2009, 04:29 AM, said:

Can I make something clear in realtion to one of Hoosiers answers, I don't know why you would understand this so it's about time someone explained it:

When we talk about a 'Manky' meet up the 'Manky' means it's in Manchester as in MANChester, people from Manchester are refered to in slang as Mancs (pronounced Manks).

The BBQs are in Cambridge.

yes, but what province/state/territory is it in?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#90 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

Manchester is in the Democratic Republic of Lancashire, God's own county, victors in the War of the Roses. Hammer of the Yorkists

Cambridge is in the south somewhere, it's a long drive hungover is about all I can tell you.

HD: it is miles easier for us lot to get together for the do in Cambridge we came from all over the country, Macros even came from Norn Iron and they are a pre-wheel civilisation.
I AM A TWAT

#91 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

View PostCougar, on Jul 21 2009, 07:56 AM, said:

Manchester is in the Democratic Republic of Lancashire, God's own county, victors in the War of the Roses. Hammer of the Yorkists

Cambridge is in the south somewhere, it's a long drive hungover is about all I can tell you.

HD: it is miles easier for us lot to get together for the do in Cambridge we came from all over the country, Macros even came from Norn Iron and they are a pre-wheel civilisation.

why do you have a province that is a democratic republic?

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#92 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

I liked this....it's a very user-friendly way to get to know people. Me next! :p
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#93 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

View PostD'rek, on Jul 21 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

He's not being serious...Lancashire is a county, like Kent or Essex.

#94 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

Actually, Manchester is now in the metropolitan county of Greater Manchester!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#95 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:08 PM

View PostMappo's Travelling Sack, on Jul 21 2009, 08:04 AM, said:

View PostD'rek, on Jul 21 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

He's not being serious...Lancashire is a county, like Kent or Essex.

oh. I wasn't sure you were big enough for counties...

#96 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on Jul 21 2009, 01:06 PM, said:

Actually, Manchester is now in the metropolitan county of Greater Manchester!

I don't recognise this area, there is no such place. Lancashire County Cricket Club is in Manchester. Liverpool is in Lancashire too. By acknowledging the existence of Greater Manchester you only serve to propagate a Tory myth.

Also Lancashire and Yorkshire are the only counties in the UK worth the name the rest are a waste of space.
I AM A TWAT

#97 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

I'm quite fond of Rutland. It's a handy size, so it fits in your pocket...
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#98 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

It's because Manchester is Greater than everywhere else :p
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#99 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

It should really be called Greatest Manchester...
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#100 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:07 PM

Manchester, Lord of all Cities.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users