• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 48.5 Team Fortress 2

#861 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

Because I said I had a "grudge" with Gem, and then she died.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#862 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

The odds of that actually being caused by the red spy make it unlikely though.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#863 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

Perhaps I'm just being narcissistic then. But, I don't like coincidences!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#864 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

Agreed.

Unless of course you killed Gem after saying something like that, specifically so you could pretend to be framed, and thus raise your level of credibility in our eyes... :killingme:
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#865 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

That would have required planning. I don't think anyone was planning anything yesterday. :killingme:

#866 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

Well, my stomach was planning a full-scale rebellion against my head. :killingme: Thankfully I quashed the uprising. XD
- China Mieville

#867 User is offline   bwgan 

• OFFICIAL Keeper of Shiny Things of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:41 PM

I am back, but only half paying attention due to another film (Lovefilm has a lot to answer for, I've never watched so many.)
'Tell me, Tool, what dominates your thoughts?'
The Imass shrugged before replying. 'I think of Mafia, Adjunct.'
'Do all Imass think about Mafia?'
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#868 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

I'm out for 30-60 minutes folks.

It is Day 2. 9 hours and 35 minutes remaining

7 Players still alive: alt146, Breadmaster, bwgan, D'rek, HoosierDaddy, Lisheo, Shinrei

4 votes to lynch, 4 votes to go to night

1 vote for D'rek: ( Shinrei )
1 vote for bwgan: ( Breadmaster )

Players not voted: alt146, bwgan, D'rek, HoosierDaddy, Lisheo
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#869 User is offline   bwgan 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

Of course this could be a misogynist type thing...just trying to get rid of all the wimmin...seems very co-incidental to me! :killingme:
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#870 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

Are you calling M45 a woman? He might take offense! Lol.

Also, the student loan repayment thingamabob I just printed is 12 pages long. 12. Pages. Long. Sigh.

#871 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:11 PM

Student loans?
Also, this is like a mafia version of the Trickster :killingme:
- China Mieville

#872 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:12 PM

Student loans are the bane of my existence. And the government makes not paying them entirely very tricksome.

#873 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

Well, being a student, I can identify with that :killingme:
- China Mieville

#874 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

I had a bursary :killingme: Although I now have to work for four years, else I will be severely in debt.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#875 User is offline   bwgan 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

:killingme: Oh yeah, I forgot about him...he can be an honourary woman if he wants though! Student loans? Way after my time, and my daughter is going local...probably have to worry about it in a few years with my son though. At the mo he wants to be a doctor.

In all seriousness the case against me seems to be that I didn't vote Gem or Lish, but I did vote M45. I'm not clear on the logic. I would have thought the ones pushing for an easy lynch were more suspicious. The thing is if I was the red spy I would be playing a FAR more cautious game...but then I would say that wouldn't I? :D
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'

#876 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

What's a bursary? Like a scholarship?

#877 User is offline   alt146 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Jul 12 2009, 09:18 PM, said:

What's a bursary? Like a scholarship?

Sort of, basically a company pays for you to study in exchange for you working for them after you finish (normally however many years you studied). The normally pay for your accomodation and a bit of money for books, which is nice. But if you drop out or dont work, then you owe however much they've spent plus interest, at which point it becomes a student loan with terrible payment options.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

#878 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

Ah, I see. Well if you just get a bachelor's that is only 4 years for an education, right? That's not too bad.

#879 User is offline   alt146 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Jul 12 2009, 09:25 PM, said:

Ah, I see. Well if you just get a bachelor's that is only 4 years for an education, right? That's not too bad.

It's not terrible. I need 3+ years experience for most jobs anyway and it takes at least that long to become accredited as a professional engineer. It does severely limit my options though, since there are other places I'd rather be living and other jobs I'd rather be doing. It's getting better though, since I managed to find a project that's related to my interests and I only stay an hour from where I studied.

#880 User is offline   bwgan 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

I don't like this film, it's scary...I keep jumping. :D :killingme:
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'

Share this topic:

• 60 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

50 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users