• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

T20 World Cup

#21 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

View PostMappo's Travelling Sack, on Jun 11 2009, 05:25 PM, said:

This is dark days for Australian cricket. It's like the Roman Empire though. We've collapsed, and now there's the Dark Ages.

Nah. Sri Lanka are a damn good T20 team, and you just got slaughtered by Gayle... that can happen to anyone. This has literally zero implication on the Ashes, alas :lol:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#22 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:32 PM

Possibly. We're playing so crap you probably have a chance to take the Ashes. Not too sure how likely that is though.

@Brood: we've fallen from our peak of pre-eminence, and Sri Lanka are damn good, but we'll make it back, somehow...

This post has been edited by Mappo's Travelling Sack: 11 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#23 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 October 2022 - 12:41 PM

Thread necro: Ooga booga!

Well, I was more annoyed than genuinely angry at Australia's pathetic rollover and buttock-opening loss by 89 runs to the sheep-fuckers (Kiwis, not Welsh) in the opening game last night.
Our bowlers sprayed it all over the place more than a German orgy and our batters were more limp than the men would be 10 minutes after the aforementioned orgy.

But Pakistan v India actually had me genuinely angry. Seriously pissed off.

I was backing Pakistan (because I fucking hate Kohli) and after a truly shitty start they posted a decent 159. And then had India on the ropes at 4-45 at the 10 over mark.
With 3 overs to go the crafty Pakistan bowlers and well-set fields had India needing 48 runs. Stats will tell you the chasing team loses that one 19 times out of 20.
Admittedly the Pakistan tactic of containment meant that rat fuck Kohli was still at the crease at the end in a great partnership with Pandya, but I was really hoping for Pakistan.
But whaddya know - the Pakistan bowlers pretty much went to absolute pieces in the last 3, wides, no balls, way over pitching right in the exact spots the Indians needed to hit the short straight boundaries at the MCG ... If I were the Pakistan Govt I'd order an investigation into that match. Sure, 1 bowler losing his bundle can happen, especially with 2 good batters well set at the crease able to take advantage, but all 3 at the same time???
What utter bullshit. It's either corruption or a dreadful, sudden and total collapse of anything resembling mental fortitude and utterly retarded captaincy. Maybe a mix.
Yeah, OK, Pakistan are an extremely ... mercurial ... side to say the least, but come on!

And now that twat Kohli and 1.4 billion Indians are going to be even more convinced his shit doesn't stink. Utter bollocks. :rant: :(

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 23 October 2022 - 12:42 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#24 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 23 October 2022 - 02:15 PM

Honestly didn't realise cricket was still a thing... ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#25 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 October 2022 - 08:45 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 23 October 2022 - 02:15 PM, said:

Honestly didn't realise cricket was still a thing... ;)

:p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:01 AM

Well done to the Paddies! Admittedly it was a rain-interrupted match but a win is a win over the Poms.

Nice. :thumbsup:

Now we need to beat the Poms tonight. Actually with 1 loss each tonight's losing team probably won't make the semis. :hope:

#27 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 November 2022 - 12:02 PM

Technically brilliant explanation of cricket for all the numpties out there:

Gotta agree - the Duckworth-Lewis-(now also including Stern) method is mathematics that would drive a theoretical physicist batshit crazy.
https://en.wikipedia...%93Stern_method
Read this only if you are a complete masochist or suffer from chronic insomnia.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 01 November 2022 - 12:09 PM

#28 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 November 2022 - 06:57 AM

Emerging cricket powerhouse ... Ireland?

https://www.news.com...64e72c5023f4445

Irish bowler Josh Little becomes sixth cricketer to take T20 World Cup hat-trick
Irish pace bowler Josh Little has joined an illustrious list of cricketers to take a hat-trick in the Men’s T20 World Cup.

In other news, I doubt Australia will make the semis, need to be in the top 2 of the 2 groups and after our catastrophe against the sheep-shaggers we had stuff all chances.
Then sharing the points after a washout in our match vs the Poms didn't help, then our inability to put the Paddies away for a low score well fucked us. Ah well.

Stupid having the T20 WC every year, make it at least every 2 to make it kinda special.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 04 November 2022 - 07:02 AM

#29 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 November 2022 - 12:55 PM

So we're out. Guess I'm going for the sheep-shaggers or anyone else playing England. Urgh, even India made it. :(

Maybe Pakistan will get up and replace the Saffers? Fingers crossed. Otherwise it's going to be disappointing semis when it's the Kiwis (our slightly retarded younger brothers) or three packs of complete arseholes.

Really annoyed now by our opening capitulation to the Kiwis and Pakistan losing the unloseable against India. :rant:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 05 November 2022 - 12:56 PM

#30 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 November 2022 - 07:35 AM

So, less than 24 hours later ...

The Saffers fall to ... the Dutch! A bit of poetry there I guess. The Proteas choking curse continues.

This means the winner of Bangladesh and Pakistan should now go through to the semis in group B. Bloody hell this WC has been topsy-turvy.
Such a pity this sort of result couldn't have happened yesterday with SL vs Eng to let us into the semius but oh well. Frankly we've played well below our best and didn't deserve it. Pakistan deserve a second crack at India after their unfortunate choke in game 1.

Go Pakistan! And after them the sheep-shaggers. Please please please don't let India or England win! :clover: :hope:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 06 November 2022 - 07:38 AM

#31 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 10 November 2022 - 11:47 AM

Ho-lee shit! That was utterly brutal. The Poms absolutely destroyed India. By 10 wickets with 4 overs in hand. :shock:

So Pakistan vs England in the final. Go Pakistan, but after that ... wow, England look very hard to beat if they do anything near that again.

#32 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 13 November 2022 - 12:16 PM

Ugh, the Pommy Bastards win. Worse still, thanks to that ranga thug Stokes.

Defending a sub-par 137, Pakistan were doing well until Shaheen Shah Afridi had to leave the field with a fucked knee and his over had to be completed by a part-timer who then got taken to the cleaners by Stokes and Ali.

A few more boundaries and the pallid, shower-dodging, bad teeth crowd win with 8 deliveries and 5 wickets in hand. :(

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 13 November 2022 - 12:17 PM

#33 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 November 2022 - 04:59 PM

Total surprise winning after the way we were playing going into the tournament. Even better doing it in your backyard haha!!

Maybe paced it to perfection though with performances improving as we went along in the tournament.

Was worrying in the final when we went 4 down but Stokes did what he does best and produced a performance.

Could have been such a different tourney though if Aus vs Eng wasn't rained off. Funny to think that rain in convict-land could have helped us go through in the group stage and win it overall!
And now we are the first team to hold both the 20/20 and one day world cups at the same time!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users