• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 46 - Monastery Murders Game Thread

#1 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

The monastery had existed for hundreds of years, it's thick stone walls a familiar part of the landscape. For as long as anyone could remember, it had been inhabited by Monks of the Path. The monks were often though of as weird by the people of the surrounding villages - constantly masked and silent for reasons known only to initiates. However their knowledge of many different branches of magic and willingness to aid the nearby communities meant their few quirks were easily forgiven.

To an outsider, it would have appeared a day like any other - teachers instructing students with muted scratchings and signed instructions, monks working the fields or studying contemplatively in the library. To those that knew how to look however, it was obvious that something was not right. Postures were tense, gaits hurried and nervous. Rumours had recently arrived of an uprising of the heretical movement calling itself the Order of the Shaper. Believing that life was a vessel to be shaped, rather than a path to be followed; their doctrine was diametrically opposed to those of the Path. An uneasy truce had existed between the two religions for the last few decades, but the Order had recently returned to violence. They would take advantage of the trusting nature of the monks - infiltrating their monasteries, killing monks then stealing their masks and robes to walk amongst their victims. Entire monasteries had been slaughtered a night at a time. Noone knew where they might stike next, or if they had not struck already.

As night fell, the tension was almost palpable. Monks retired to their cells for nights of fitful sleep and portenious dreams. In the small hours of the night before dawn, they were awakened by a scream of rage and pain, followed by the shattering of glass. Feet bare, masks skew, they hurried out into the cold darkness. Below the window of the Head Monk lay a grisly sight. Surrounded by glinting shards lay a naked, unmasked corpse. A knife jutted from it's chest, it's hands locked in the final movements of a counterspell. All present understood the sacrifice that had been made to alert them of their danger. A very real danger - a quick count revealed more masked figures observing the corpse than had been present the day before.

All understood what needed to be done, provisions had been put in place. The main gates were slammed shut and magically sealed. Masks were cautiously lifted, unfamiliar faces revealed. Voices weak from disuse found strength as the accusations began.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

Game specific rules:

Days are 32 hours, nights are 4 hours. Provisionals are important.

Modkill Limit is 36 hours.

Any of the following roles may in the game: Healer, Guard, Killer, Symp, Finder, BP, Vig, Silencer. Roles not in this list may be present. Listed roles may work slightly differently than normal. More than one instance of any role may exist and may or may not be paired. There is no Jester, Cult or Faceless Man.

Reveals are allowed, but discouraged. Hinting at the contents/wording of a role PM is punishable by modkill, as is stating the name of your role.

Do not post in this thread until the game has officially begun and the first timecount has been posted.

Good luck and have fun!
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:08 AM

It is Day 1. 32 hours remaining

18 Players still alive: Ampelas, D'riss, Emurlahn, Fener, Gamelon, Hood's Path, Kessobahn, Korlat, Korvalain, Liosan, Meanas, Mockra, Ruse, Shadow, Silanah, Telas, Tellan, Tennes

10 votes to lynch, 9 votes to go to night

Players not voted: Ampelas, D'riss, Emurlahn, Fener, Gamelon, Hood's Path, Kessobahn, Korlat, Korvalain, Liosan, Meanas, Mockra, Ruse, Shadow, Silanah, Telas, Tellan, Tennes

GAME IS ON!

#4 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

Hoorah! Game is on!

Anyway. I'm just checking in - be back tomorrow in about 14 hours.

#5 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:05 AM

IM HERE

got work to do tho...

#6 User is offline   Meanas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

Good morning, here and catching up

(ahhhhh ahhhhh ahhhh hahh ahhhhh ahhhh)

Ok, caught up, stupid spammers!

(Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a ahh aahhhhhh )

I'll be around in an hour or two. Later

(Ahhhhhh ahhh hahhhhh ahhahhh hahhaaahhhhhh - mennnnnnnnnnnnnn)

#7 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

Where's all the spam? :rant:

And what's with all the angsty ahhing, Meanas?

I'm here with no work to do, but it seems like there's no one else around to play with. :)

#8 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

looks like this is just a standard role heavy game...probably with some hidden twists.
No cults is interesting...from the opening post it seemed that there are monks getting "replaced" by getting killed and there identity taken over...sounded cult like to me...

#9 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

Here! Am I alone?

Edit: first x-post!

This post has been edited by Ampelas: 26 May 2009 - 12:04 PM

#10 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:08 PM

I'm here. I guess we can expect a slow start since a bunch of people on the signup thread said they'd be a little absent in the beginning.

#11 User is offline   Meanas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

View PostKorlat, on May 26 2009, 07:51 AM, said:

Where's all the spam? :rant:

And what's with all the angsty ahhing, Meanas?

I'm here with no work to do, but it seems like there's no one else around to play with. :)

(Aaahhhhhhh ahhhhh ahhhh - chooooooooo)

We're monks man, I'm chanting. Actually, I'm hoping we are like Shoalin monks. Peaceful farmers that can kill Moari Warriors (at least according to the Deadliest Warrior).

Anyway, I'll be on and off for the better part of the day (Mostly on, cause work has slowed with the boss on vacation.)

#12 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

it's spelled shaolin monks. but yah until mod says otherwise I will assume we are badass shaolin monks.

#13 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

Well, in the OP our voices are weak from disuse...so I don't think much chanting goes on around here.

The whole mask thing makes me think of the mask council from MoI. You can call me Rath'Korlat.

#14 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

Killjoy.

#15 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

View PostAmpelas, on May 26 2009, 05:22 AM, said:

it's spelled shaolin monks. but yah until mod says otherwise I will assume we are badass shaolin monks.

Awesome, we can all do kung-fu! Screw "Rath'Korlat", you can call me Jet Li.

#16 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:26 PM

x-post madness!

#17 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

Personally, I would prefer XXX-post madness. :rant:

#18 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:33 PM

Well...that killed the thread. :rant:

#19 User is offline   Meanas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

Under normal circumstances, I might agree with you Korlat. However, I like to chant, so I will. AHHHH AHHH HHAhhahah! Ahhha hahhaaaa ahhh ahhha hhhahhah. (sounds like bad writing of sex scenes , see also Aberombie, Joe)

#20 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

What are you the town perv or something.

Edit: @ korlat

This post has been edited by Ampelas: 26 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

Share this topic:

• 64 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users