Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Killing Floor

#1 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

So I purchased Killing Floor at my friends' insistence last Saturday night...I've abandoned school and work in favor of this game since. 14 hours in 3-4ish days, in fact. It's ridiculous.

Basically, take Zombies in Counter-Strike: Source or Left 4 Dead (sorta)...
You have a team of up to 6 friends in a fairly open-ended map (spawns vary based on where players are, and you can weld doors shut to make bottlenecks), and several waves of zombies are thrown at them. There's your basic zombie, crawlers (spider-guys), stalkers (with invisibility cloaks), gorefasts (guys that run fast and gore you), scrakes (big guys with chainsaws), sirens (people with aoe screams), and Fleshpound (giant guys that rape face). This culminates in the Patriarch, a ridiculous boss. There's a plethora of weapons, ranging from machetes and chainsaws to shotguns, rifles, pistols (including dual wield .50 cal desert eagles O.o) and crossbows. Most weapons are tied to classes: medic, support/shotgun, pyro, berserker, sniper, and commando. Proficiency in each class improves as you play, giving it an RPG-esque feel.

And the best part:
With epic shots/kills, the ENTIRE GAME goes into matrix-style bullet time. For the entire team. And Berserkers and Commando's can get chain bullet-time, producing epic scenes involving 10-straight seconds of slow-mo headshot action.

The game's a standalone port of a UT2004 mod, so more and more custom maps are being ported for use.

The difficulty's decent; with my friends, we're all pretty good at FPS games in general but we had trouble on normal for a while...the boss is still a bitch. Starting to move on into hard mode, though. There's still suicidal after that. :)

Oh, and I almost forgot...

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/1250/

Did I say this game's fucking awesome?

This post has been edited by Sixty: 19 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users